Who Votes?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by nirmalamaya, May 21, 2007.

1. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

Do you vote?
    Why or why not?
    Whos getting your vote in 2008?

2. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

yes.
    because i want to support the candidates i believe in.
    kucinich.

3. i dont cause im in canada but i would if i could

4. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

Not old enough.

Definitely would not vote for Harper.

What a tool.

5. jimi420

jimi420 Member

no, not old enough,
    wouldnt if i could, doesnt make a difference and too much work.

6. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

i will
    because i have the right too
    dunno

7. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

if all the people in the country who said their vote didn't count got together and voted it would make a difference. You people make me fuckin sick. This apathetic attitude towards everything but greed is why the world hates America.

too much work? how fuckin lazy are you? sure maybe standing in line on election day sucks. That's why you do an absentee ballot. You never have to even put down the pot pipe except to walk to the mailbox.

Yes i vote in all elections. Local state, national, primary. you name it i've voted in it.

8. young_deadhead

young_deadhead I Love Lucy

you still have register and i bet thats a lot of work

9. swazo

swazo i am amazing.

i hate people that think like that.

people DIED for your right to vote.

go smoke another blunt and act like you're making a differnece.

10. Willy_Wonka_27

just gotta fill out a form and mail it in. pretty easy.

11. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

some states you don't even have to mail it in. you can walk into your dmv and talk 5 minutes and fill it out.

IMO, voting is not just a right in America; its a civic DUTY.

12. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

Heh. I, sort of, agree with you TheShow, sans all the hostility.

I also vote in every election.

13. Willy_Wonka_27

thats like saying "i hate people that think like that. people DIED for your right to bare arms. go out and buy a fucking gun now!"

its a right. some people don't believe in voting or the importance of voting. just like some people don't believe in owning a gun or the importance of owning a gun.

14. Willy_Wonka_27

nothing takes 5 minutes at the DMV. haha. :)

15. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

I do tend to get overly hostile when it comes to this subject matter. i guess its because I'm a political science student and seeing all of these apathetic individuals really impact the direction of this country disturbs me. I've always felt it should be mandatory to vote, even if you cast a blank ballot. I believe Australia requires citizens to vote or pay a small fine, but they have an option on the ballot to vote for none of the above (just like the slogan in Brewster's millions, fuckin love richard pryor).

16. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

Ain't that the truth. Although if you hit the right DMV at the right time it is empty. When I renewed my license at 21 it took a total of 10 minutes.

17. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

you gotta get there early..

I try to vote..always..since I was legal I have voted in every election...love it!

18. TheShow

TheShow Senior Member

^^^I too love to vote at every chance. I also love the whole election fever. It makes my insides grin. We need more people with a heart like yours.

19. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

good on ya.

i dont vote as im not registered, but thats not the main reason

the local and city elections are such a fucking joke here where I live, i dont see the need to partake, the Liberal candidates dominate by such a landslide that even if the non-voters did get out, they could not do much of a difference

my local riding is dominated, and run by the most useless, unknowning east indians who do not take any sort of matters that actually need to be looked at into account, and simply focus on the typical liberal matters, like public housing etc.

conservative all the way, power to the people who make the difference in the world

20. nirmalamaya

nirmalamaya Member

Well, in America..
    Conservative got us Bush. Thats pretty much all that needs to be said on that issue.