who used to be a hippy?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, May 1, 2007.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i am what i am. the eye of the beholder generaly refers to me as "hey you".

=^^=
    .../\...

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

"Hippie" is such a silly word.

I didn't even know these hippies existed, especially in such large amounts until I was 15 or so...

It's a tad odd with me... I wasn't really raised by any adults... they were all too busy working, so I kinda somehow got the whole peace n' love ideology imprinted on myself before I even knew that there were other people out there than had similar ideas.

I must say that I was excited when I found out that I wasn't just the odd kid that seemed to love the world and that there were more people like that out there. Yet I never did refer to myself as a hippie, even though... I did dress like a damn hippie before I've even seen hippies dress... it's crazy... I somehow managed to develope hippie ideals and a slick sense of hip fashion before ever being exposed to the either.

3. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

mmm, guess I used to a little... but that was more just a phase than the actual forum... now I'm more just.... moi... I don't aim to please, I hope I don't and I share my outsides but keep my insides to myself... And I really hate people talking big about ideas, classes and stereotypes just because they know how to...

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I guess that there is a lot of stereotypical hippy stuff left in me too then!...

And by change, honestly, yes, we do change, but I don't think that the soul ever does... evolution isn't change... it's evolution... I think that a person's "light" within doesn't ever change though. I may be wrong, who can really be sure of anything but that's what I believe anyways... yes we can change on such insignificant levels like develop new tastes, grow, fall, get back up, change our appearance... but the light within remains the same in my opinion, and when you die, yes you may be old and have gained wisdom or you may be too young who know however it happens, the last miute, the last second, you're just like you were born.

5. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

i'm still a hippy but i'm also an avant guardian

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

i've never been a hippie. but i'm getting less cranky.

7. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I used to eat mushrooms all the time... and I was only 16 when I took acid for the first time! Maybe that's what made sick for years... I was a little bit of a nevous wreck...

8. Krsna Bhakti

Krsna Bhakti d-_-b JAMMING

Penny, you look and think very much like my sons mother. Just thought I would point that out. Thats not a good OR a bad thing, btw, it just is :)

9. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I was totally a stereotypical hippie when I joined this site. But now I am pretty much nothing like one.

I still care about the same things such as animal rights and the environment... but I have a whole new attitude and I don't have that "better than you" attitude that hippies (at least the ones where I live) always have.

10. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I have always been on the inside, but am the opposite on the outside. But I am far more 'hippy' that some people I've met who claim to be a hippy just because they like the grateful dead or jam bands. IMO if you're authentic you don't work at a place that promotes corperate greed, you try to purchase or grow food that doesn't hurt the enviorment and you try not to over consume.
    The biggest hippy I have ever met is my mom. She gardens barefoot, is embarassed to tell people she's an engineer, drives a veggie oil car and will not buy non-free range and organic products.
    She's gotten better (with my help) of not dressing the part anymore. My biggest accomplishment in life is 1-getting my mom out of birkenstocks and off topic, but 2-getting her to ditch the unflattering mom jeans.
    I have extremley high societal morals and think the most important thing is leaving the world a better place and conquering extreme capitalism and I think that is attributed to church and my mom... am I not a hippie now because I believe church is good for kids?
    So even though I love my designer jeans and am addictd to extra-foam lattes I think I am much more hippieish than a lot of people who continously insist on being refered to as a hippy when they are really just self-absorbed earth takers who perpetuate unjustness and slave labor just for money, which they can't take with them and can't even use as a barrier when they are in their polluted grave covered with toxic waste because all of the landfills were full from their consumeristic filth.

And by the way, I prefer large squarish shaped sunglasses.

11. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

Insanity is to know what's right but not to choose it.

12. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

no.:confused:
    see this is an example of where i could go in depth but instead i choose to walk away shaking my head.....
    that was clearly a joke...right..?
    :confused:

13. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

definitly. i know exacly what your saying. before i turned 16 i remember i used to watch hippies and observe how they were. id look and copy. i mean... i had the frame of mind. now i wear what i want.. act how i feel. i think now im more myself. and strangely enough ive made more friends through it.
    peace

14. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

I agree to a certain extent.

I dislike how people glamourize insanity and how loosly it's used as something "cool" in current "counterculture".

Also, there are different types of insanity... being insane in the eyes of society isn't too bad, but being insane in your own eyes is a terrible feeling. The second you loose all touch with reality, you also loose yourself.

15. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

me = hippie... i cant help it. the older i get, the farther into the stereotype i veer.

16. dewaholic

dewaholic Member

I'm always a hippy on halloween. When I came to this place, I was expecting to see a bunch of old hippies. Ya know, the original hippies. But the majority that I see are 14-25. I was expecting ages 40-65 as the majority.

17. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

18. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I actually came to the old forums because I was googling VW bus for sale and some guy had two, but would only sell them together. I didnt want two. But I stayed