who used to be a hippy?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, May 1, 2007.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Or at least, something like a stereotype of a hippy... when you first joined the forums? Or before?

I used to. I am so different from what I used to be like before... actually, no, I'm not. I haven't changed. I've just grown, learned, and stopped trying so hard to be a hippy.

My personality is the same... people don't change, they think they do but fundamentally we remain the same deep down... I mean yes, we can change, but on such a small scale...

I guess I am more open musically and artistically now, I wear more black and short, tight clothes, I don't force myself to smile, and don't care if I seem like an asshole. We're all assholes sometimes. Whoever pretends not to be one is fake. We're all humans, and we know how much humans suck.

I used to a pretty sick hippy though... now I'm a healthy myself.

What about you?

Did you wear round glasses too?

And patchouli?

I still have my few hippy things though... like psychedelia... incense... drugs... you know. I'm just not a hippy-freak anymore. I'm more... womanly.

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I think I appreciate people, even if they still are 100% hippie, when they have let what others lable them slide away and just are.
    I used to wear a lot of tie dye, and I am not anti-tie-dye, but its not me anymore. But I still love the Grateful Dead

3. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

I kind of thought of myself as a hippy at the time. I had long hair that I barely brushed and I wore tie-dye and hemp shoes. But I was mostly just a grungy, naive, slightly overweight 15-year old.

In terms of hippy ideology (i.e. being kind to others, being socially progressive), I think I'm a bit more authentic now.

4. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

yeah the thing is I hate labels... most stereotypical hippies aren't hippies at heart... well not most... but a lot...

5. crummyrummy

many to develop though, at some point, everybody was a poseur trying to find themself.

6. crummyrummy

exactly my point.

7. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

I've always been too clean to be a hippie, but I have eaten a lot more acid than the average hippie. [​IMG]

8. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

oh is that how you spell poseur? in French? didn't even know and I use that word all the time... so many of them around... it's okay when they're teens... but past 20... grow up...

I feel really mean.

9. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I take as many baths in a day as I can :D I love soap and being clean! And I hate stinky people...

10. crummyrummy

I bought a Thrasher Magazine when I was in Jr. High, they spelled it that way, I have ever since.
    Yeah I give younguns a hard time here, mostly after the third cocktail, but I understand. Someday, they will do things because they want to, and not because they saw the movie about woodstock

11. crummyrummy

refer to my penis/hoohoo post, in another thread

12. Posthumous

Posthumous Resident Smartass

I'm slightly germaphobic. Stuff like BO, bad breath, or stinky diapers makes me wretch.
    :puke:

13. crummyrummy

um, we prolly shouldnt hang out.....

14. fexurbis

fexurbis Member

There is some beauty in BO if it's not too strong.

15. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

deep down i'm too god damned hippie for my own good...i can't fucking escape it....i love poetry nights, and cafes, i'm hardcore enviromentalist, i'm fucking sitting here drinking tea right now...my love for the doors will never die it seems...i hate the government with such a passion...i love being barefoot and laying in the grass in the sun..i love nature so much with a passion that equals my hate for the government...steryotypcial hippie things....but i would not classify myself as a hippie, there are others way more hippie than i...and on occation i want to go to a metal show and light stuff on fire and punch people in the face....i am too complex and changing a person to label myself a hippie

i do not in any way believe you when you say people can't change, i am an imbodyment of constant evolution and change..if i was the same as i was 10 years ago..10 hours ago...10 seconds ago my thoughts would be completely different than this right now...even on the simpliest level people change constantly, cells die and rebuild and grow anew, i truly believe that people can change on a great level if given the oppertunity to

16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That's poignant :)

You are far more complex than I could have imagined.

Hotwater

17. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

heeheehee...i can be...i just tend to play dumb....it's easier..it's one thing i've learned actually when i was little i used to hold my intelligence above others..know it all and such..as i grew i realised being the shy quiet modest girl people tend relate to more...how i am online is just one facet of my personality, i find the internet a place for me to escape and have fun.. .when given the oppertunity to have an in depth conversation i can be quite poignant ..i just tend not to online...i think at times i take it too far though, and showing some intelligence, although will always have the oppertunity to be taken as arrogance from some, might not be a bad thing..it does allow others to see more of me...

i'm complex far greater than anyone has ever known...comes from multiple personalities and skitzophrenia :D
    heeheehee

18. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm just the opposite, I like showing off my intelligence but have few opportunities on hip forums [​IMG]

Hotwater

19. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

People call me a hippie many times. I suppose it is just because I have long hair and do not shave as often as the average man.
    As for me, I do not consider myself a hippie. To use a terrible cliché: I consider myself me.

20. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I'm a hippy at heart, but to see me on the street somewhere, you probably wouldn't guess it. I don't wear the so-called typical hippy attire and I *gasp* love to primp. [​IMG]

For me, "hippy" has always been more of a feeling of the heart.