Who loves pitbulls

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by hillbillyhippy, Jul 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

Who loves pitbulls or owns one. Please feel free to post pictures

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

They're usually great dogs... It's some of the owners that are the "problem".

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I've never had any problems with a pit. They're great dogs

4. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

I agree its all in the owner, but I don't think banning them would ever solve anything. If one of vic's dogs a trained fighter can become a family pet anythings possible sometimes. Criminals don't care if a dog is illegal or not, so preventing me from owning an awesome dog, is not gonna stop dog fighting, just like taking away my "assault weapon" will not stop the criminals from using theirs

5. nz male

nz male Senior Member

No, I stand well clear of dogs that are considered very dangerous in my country.

6. LetLovinTakeHold

Do you also stand well clear of automobiles? They are very dangerous

7. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

big difference, cars don't have a mind of their own. ;)

Pits to me are are just ugly, sorry. Of just about all breeds, Pit bull would be my last choice

Newfoundland
    Great Pyrenees
    St.Bernard
    Collie
    Shepard

Now thats my idea of a Dog :2thumbsup:

8. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

And you are entitled to have that opinion, as long as you don't try to take away my right to have my choice of dog :) Peace and love:hippy:

9. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think they are ugly, scary dogs.

10. Fairlight

Fairlight Banned

Give me a Staff any day.

11. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

lots of dogs can be scary sun fighter, but its all in how you raise them

12. deleted

deleted Visitor

no likes..

13. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I don't trust them.

14. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

thats sad they really are good dogs, I used to be scared till my friend showed me his a few years ago, i thought it was gonna eat me, she just licked me to death

15. Gongshaman

They are not predictable without intensive socialization.

I'm out in the sticks where people frequently dump their unwanted pets thinking perhaps lil' snappers will live out his days happily snacking on rabbits or some shit. Once there was a pack of 7-8 feral strays terrorizing the town and out-lying areas until someone finally got animal control to round them all up.

When I see a stray pit I wonder why I don't just carry a short shotty with me everywhere just to be safe.

16. hillbillyhippy

hillbillyhippy Member

strange considering most adoptable pitbulls...are strays ..from shelters lol

17. Gongshaman

Nothing strange about it, feral strays can be very dangerous. More dangerous than even wolfs because they are not afraid of humans.

18. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I LOVE pitbulls. They're my favorite breed of dog. My favorite individual dog was my dog, Toto(a Shiba Inu), but pits are definitely my favorite breed.

My favorite pitbull belongs to my cousin. The pit's name is "Chief Kusherson". Chief Kusherson is basically just a big, friendly lapdog. lol

He had another pitbull named "Cid Tryptaville", but having two playfully aggressive pitbulls living IN the house can result in quite a mess. lol I helped name both of those dogs though(I came up with "Kusherson" and "Tryptaville"). lol

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I know a lot of people that have pit bulls. They are really great dogs. I'm not a big enough fan to own one myself, but not because they're a stigmatized breed. I just like other breeds better. Also, owning a pit bull can cause problems finding a rental/getting rental or home insurance.

I was sitting on my front porch a couple of years ago minding my business when all of a sudden two pit bulls came running across my yard straight at me, snarling with their teeth bared. I barely made it inside. It happens, but it could happen with other breeds too.

The thing about pit bulls is they aren't naturally aggressive towards humans. I don't really believe any dog is naturally aggressive. An aggressive pit bull is aggressive because they were raised that way. That could apply to any dog, but a pit bull is more likely to inflict damage than if my labrador decided to go rogue one day and start fucking shit up.

20. LetLovinTakeHold

A few years ago on a beautiful spring day, I had left my back door open for some fresh air. I walked out of my bed room to see a beautiful pit standing in my living room. I remember thinking to myself, "Please be a good dog, please be a good dog" as I reached my hand out for her to smell. She walked up and sniffed my hand, then proceeded to try and lick me to death. She was such a sweetheart.

I later learned she was my neighbors dog and I got to spend a lo of time with her after that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.