Who likes being addicted?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Codmouse, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

I like being addicted... I don't know specifically why, but I know that having something that is there that I go get and like every time is nice.

I like the waiting game. I like the little bit of w/e it is that I know will make me happy. I like having a stash of things that will make me and the people around me happy. I like going through the bad too, cuz it makes the good that much more of a relief and fun.

Am I the only person that feels this way?

(I am not currently addicted to anything, so its not a drug induced thought. Haven't used anything in months either.)

2. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

No one? I guess I am a weirdo. Or maybe its the post count that everyone it effected by...

3. DeadHead723

DeadHead723 Senior Member

what the fuck are you talking about.

you like being addicted....what??? hahhaahha

4. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Well, I was severely addicted to alcohol for 3 years. Like coma-like amounts of it every single day and at the time I thought it was okay I guess, but I was scared at the fact that my money was running out VERY VERY quickly and I never ever thought I'd be able to live without it. That was a scary thought. But I'm sober now and I realise how rediculous this thought was. Anyways I know why you like it...it's because your substance, whatever it may be, becomes a companion and a best friend. And everybody likes having friends, especially friends that make you high, warm, laugh, think, share, fuck better, fight better, play better, write better. Who wouldn't want those kinds of friends. And to make it even 'better' is you don't have to earn those kinds of friends, you can buy them.

5. deafrabbit

deafrabbit Member

The only thing I'd say I'm addicted to is pot. I could take it or leave it, it's got it's advantages, being addicted, and it's dissadvantaged. I think the disadvantages are obvious and not really the point on this thread so I'll not mention them.

As far as advantages go though, it just seems like something I can rely on. I know getting high will always make me feel better. For the most part no matter what I can always look to that at the end of the day, so it's not like I work my ass off, go home and just go to sleep only to do it again tomorrow. It's also not that hard to break the addiction, I've quit many times before fairly easily.

6. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

^^^ true words. That is a good example of why I like it too.

Of course it has disadvantages though. 9-5 is trite. Being addicted breaks the redundancy and makes things interesting. Weed is especially cool because its easy to get, no withdraws, and isn't bad for your health (much).

No one else huh? I guess it is kind of a weird thing to like... Eveyone acts so helpless when they are addicted too. Not me, I can stop any addiction at will. Cigs, oxy, meth, misc. I have been addicted to all of those and stopped 2 of them on point. The cigs were the ones that take a little more effort.

Maybe only people who can control the addiction like it? I dunno, must be rare breeds though.

7. force_of_acid

force_of_acid Member

I don't understand what are you talking....

I use drugs...but I am not addicted.. And the best part all the drugs I love the most, don't cause addiction(hallucinogens, Cannabis) and the one that cause addiction like heroin I don't find that pleasant at all.

I have stop smoking cigarettes without any problems. I smoke weed very often but still I'm not addicted, don't understand when somebody is making problem of everyday smoking...you can stop whenever you want and if you can't, you should not blame weed, you could get addicted to chocolate to...that isn't big problem really.

I know people who where thinking like Codmouse , but before getting really addicted. I know people who used heroin this way for a long time and then tried to stop... than they proved they are not addicted at all...yea right..

First try to get in stage when stopping will cause you physical pain and than tell you like beaning addicted... If you like pain than I can understand what are you talking about if you don't like pain than you are just not addicted enough.

8. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

I get what you are saying. You like escaping from responsibility and reality by using drugs.

I do agree with the others that this shouldn't be called addiction, in fact, I think it's called drug use =P

9. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Lol, yeah I guess so. But even when I was addicted, I liked it the same.

BTW force, I don't use drugs at all. I haven't for a while save a few psych trips. Haven't used anything considered addictive for more than a year.

Drugs are good :D

10. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

i dont like being addicted. the loss of self control sucks. you can't just do it when you really want to. like i can't smoke weed just on the weekends. it doesn't work like that.

11. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Yeah, that would suck. I can see how some people who are affected by it a lot would not like it. I love always having something though :D I can't wait to get back...

12. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

well...only thing iv every been addicted to is tobacco. and when i honestly ask myself if i like being addicted to tobacco....im suprised to say yes. tobacco is somthin nice, nothin better in the world when i want it...lol

13. NNDimethyltryptaDream

NNDimethyltryptaDream Member

Is this a serious question? Though, I get what you mean by having some certainty... in chemical dependence, which is a rather not good thing almost anyway you look at it if you really think about it.

14. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

No. Addiction is awesome... Don't be mad cuz you are not addicted for reels yet :p

No, I guess its not as much the addiction maybe. Maybe its just the having the drugs part that is fun. Knowing that its ready to have fun when you are. I dunno... No one is with me on this one, so I am a lone wondering soul. Maybe DPT will show me the way? haha

15. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

HAHA I so totally agree with you man, except about the addiction part. Im one of those potheads who's in denial, I dont believe there is such thing as addiction to weed, atleast in the sense of addiction like nicotine, heroin, cocaine, etc... those are physically addictive, MJ is just "psychologically" addictive.

Basically, just refer to the Dave Chappelle movie, Half Baked, where Dave goes to the NA meeting, and he says, "Hi, my name is Thurgood Jenkins, and Im addicted to pot." At that point, all the REAL ADDICTS started making fun of him, and a funny part was when Bob Saget asked Dave if he ever sucked dick for weed like he had sucked dick for coke. LMFAOO that shit was memorable... I love that movie. Ya know, I probably rank in the list of peoplle who've seen Half Baked the most.

I've seen it ATLEAST 100 times!!! and Im not shitting you. from the age of 13 to about 17, I used to chill at my friends house, a group of us who were all world class stoners, we would stil in my friend's living room, roll blunt after blunt, nonstop, and sometimes watch half baked like 3 times in one day. "YO Im Cuban B!!!" LMAO

16. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

addictions to things that aren't even addicting are indicative of a lack of a life...

time to get a new hobby

17. mastercylinder

mastercylinder Banned

i'll tell u about real addiction--nothing else matters--nothing---total focus is on your next score----kind of a stress reliever dont have to worry about shit except drugs---thats real addiction not addicted with other problems and responsibilities---thats addicted but not totally committed---hell when i was addicted with money it didnt even matter had my drugs was working no problem--and i liked to get really wasted after work and maintinence dose during the day--did i like it? really didnt care i had unlimited drugs

18. DeadHead723

DeadHead723 Senior Member

hahahaaa, word up.

19. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

Yeah i know exactly what you mean. I love being addicted to certain things. Its just like you are concentrating your love on one thing, and it doesn't let you down because you love it so much. I was addicted to weed, and that was like the happiest time of my life. I am now addicted to driving, driving is just an adventure no matter how you look at it.
    I think everybody loves "addiction" no matter what they say. Everybody can't get enough of something, no matter what it is, whether its people, traveling, sports etc. It is always something that they can rely on to make themselves happy and be themselves again.

20. Codmouse

Codmouse Senior Member

Word. That is what I am talking about!! :D Thinking about it makes me happy too. Thats all we can do out here, is think about good things like that :p