Who is going to be protesting against oil spill?

Discussion in 'Protest' started by peace_love_60's, Apr 30, 2010.

1. peace_love_60's

peace_love_60's Member

the big oil spill in the Gulf coast in louisiana yes the one thats on the news who is going to be protesting against this catastrophe the earth doesnt need this big pollutant we need to take action against these big name companys and take them down the spill is killing the fish pelicans turtles ect... our Water this oil spill ranks up there with the big valdez yes its huge the lakes streams rivers people palnts animals ect... are in trouble :( PLEASE HELP!!! sorry for the spelling and it being so long

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

Nope... more Drilling., begin offshore oil drilling at once.. the best way to get off oil is to use it all up!!

3. peace_love_60's

peace_love_60's Member

what about the explosions leaking oil and the natural environment just kill everything?

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I think you should all boycott the gas stations

that way my price stays low ;)

5. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I think the real problem is the way the US doesnt require shutoff valves at the ocean floor...that would have really made this accident almost not even noticed environmentally....I hope they change that

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

make a wager in Vegas on how many living creatures will die due to oil spill and become a millionaire .. greed its whats for breakfast..

7. Oake

Oake Member

At this point I think it is important to go volunteer to help clean up the mess and save as many of the animals as possible! Yes changes need to be made but right now focus needs to be on fixing this disaster the best we can.

8. Zorba The Grape

Zorba The Grape Gavagai?

Protest what, exactly? The dictates of chance? Seriously. If you want to live with no electricity and no transportation, and boycott everything made using electricity and shipped by plane, boat, truck, or train, go ahead. I'm doing okay.

9. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

+1

protesting an oil spill? or protesting the use of oil?:confused:

10. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

Protest North Korea. Word's going around they torpedoed the rig, and are going to launch an EMP missile at the U.S. this month.

11. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I agree with BBAD. Instead of protesting the spill or the use of oil why not focus on ways to prevent another accident or atleast lower the chances of it happening again. Also, BP definitely needs to pay a big price for all the environmental damage they caused and for putting people out of work.

12. ItsAndrewBet

ItsAndrewBet Member

Yea i see were your coming from.

Buuuutttt oil is not needed, also why would we boycott electricity? We could use solar electricity...

Or we can just keep giving money to companies who don't give a flying flip about the earth or you and just want money, and we cab just keep complaining about the prices of their products.

Instead of boycotting the "incident", why not the product that caused it?

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

the price of gas should be going up any day now with this as an excuse for them to gouge us some more

14. sidneyisinlove

sidneyisinlove Member

How do you protest an accident :confused:

15. Huyhak

Huyhak Member

yep, but remember that there are tons of bleeding hearts who gasp at the thought of not driving their car or not being able to get their fave latte on demand. The cognitive dissonance can be overwhelming at times.

16. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You don't seem to have any concept how much oil is used for the things you use, you couldn't even afford to feed yourself, unless you're very wealthy, if there was suddendly no oil....

Solar cells are very inefficent, most never come close to saving as much energy as they take up, especially given the environmental aspects of batteries, especially lead acid batteries, by far the most common, affordable type available for use with solar.

Wind, it's a good alternative, but it's useless for anything but generating power for the grid.

So basically........ be quiet.

Now I've been living under my rock, and not really paying attention, but I can see protesting about well quality, safety, whatevers..... but only if that could have prevented this thing. And of course, if there's more rigs built on this plan, they may need revision, but the oil company must know how bad this is for them....

How on earth do these kinds of spills not get ignited, from lightening, electric fish, bad luck, I don't know what all... And why don't they just torch the shit, once it's capped?

17. Huyhak

Huyhak Member

Extracting one's self from oil culture is not impossible but it requires one hell of a change in paradigm. Trying to do it solo is almost impossible and much more is accomplished in groups. Sacrificing all the little luxuries is what's required and most people aren't willing to go to those lengths.

18. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

You can't protest against an oil spill! It was an accident and nobody wants it.

While your at it you could protest against gravity, or latent heat of fusion...

19. moondrizzle

moondrizzle Member

Oil is used for a lot more than transport and generators etc. Plastics for instance, Stop and think how much the world relies on plastics. Boycotting oil is not an option. At least not for the next couple of decades. Anybody who knows anything about the importance of oil will break their shit laughing at anyone trying to boycott it.

20. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

First I'm going to protest and take action against bad spelling and poor grammar! See you there :)

"WE WANT PUNCTUATION MARKS!!!"

"WE WANT PUNCTUATION MARKS!!!"