Who is God to you?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by peaceman7000, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Reverand JC

Reverand JC Willy Fuckin' Wonka

^^There are no athiests in a fox hole.

I've had numerous debates with "athiests" about the existance of whatever you want to call it and have come to the conclusion that there are no athiests. Every debate I've had eventually turns from the existance of a god into a semantics arguement. I've come to hate the word god as it has been turned into a weapon and a means of control. I only use it to economise speach.

Peace Out,
    Rev J

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

God is the force that breathes life.

Also, I've been thinking about this little theory for a while: Imagine God as a body. Not a human body, but more like something we've never seen before. Imagine our universe as one section of the body. Our world, as one organ that helps the entire body function. The plants and animals on the earth as worker cells that keep the organ running smoothly and harmoniously. Which would theoretically make us gods to all the cells in our body, and perhaps those cells are also gods to cells that are so small even our strongest microscope cannot see. And our God has another God in whose body he is just a small cell. Its an endless repeating fractal of gods that are not really gods.

3. LetsToastToToast

LetsToastToToast Member

Jimmy Page.

4. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The felt presence of a Higher Power, the Ground of all being, in whom we love and move and have our being,

5. Poppy Sunshine

Poppy Sunshine atypical hippie Lifetime Supporter

If there is a God, he is in all of us, in every THING.

I prefer to live like a Karmic Goddess.

6. paperairplane

paperairplane Banned

whats the difference between a free love spell and a free love spell?

natural joys in a natural language, unconditional philosophies?

i may have been the awkward one, i followed,

enamored by the beloved divine whole, and so felt somehow I was seperate from it, and all sprung into such infinite multiplicity, yet it was nothing, yes sure signs, of this love as it were. it was instantly understandable as righteous dude-babeliness

free and carving a path, like the great rivers, the way that is is and the way it shall be, the fuzzies and the flowing and the mystery

i was upon dark caves, and a light came from out there, i came from my home which is cozy and has space

to a place where space goes and goes, which is the same place!

the space inspires the motions and the motions are the words, and there are great waves which pass through

its like an opera, within this ghost town universe,

waiting in the green grass and rolling pumpkins down hills, wondering into the lamps and lights examining

the spirit

we came to a place of great peace,

everyone spoke, sometimes i forget where i stand

then i realize i have been all over, and am speaking to myself through the skies and the trees and the keyboard keys

not that it is me, but you, love, this is our Spirit,

everywhere, always I am dissolving into it, I realize, i can hold no form, though I try

there is that greater spontaneity, our dance, in the dimensions

the walls trees

to speak the truth

the universal cycles, and the turning of the brew

its all a system isn't it, i sit along and forget

what a liberating alchemy this forgetting,

what a fragile thing this love

but so eternal, having inner strength the

love of forgetting, love of forgiving

love of what is

love of being myself

being everyone

not being

we only do things because we have forgotten we have down them before

we are just like the leaves blowing in the wind

innocent as that, with all our feelings, our reelings

the sage feels the oneness of the fool,

forgetting is remembrance

7. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

God is the guy who designed the whole universal domino board and then nudged the first tile.

And you can quote me. ;)

8. Thekarthika

Thekarthika Member

The Great Mystery. We may never understand, and quite frankly, I'm okay with that.

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my conscience

10. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

Good answer.

God is a breast in the mouth

11. Reverand JC

"Mother is the word for god on the lips and hearts of all children," The Crow.

Stay Brown,
    Rev J

12. pnkelfntsonprade

pnkelfntsonprade Member

I was raised Catholic but do not go to church anymore. The teachings of the bible and the ten commandments are good regardless of whether they actually came from God. God has no hand on this earth and will not help you if you ask. Faith in him can give you strength to help yourself. We are God.

13. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

The Christian God... nothing.

14. Shale

Shale ~

The Kingdom of God is Within You
    J.C.

15. enk

enk Member

god.
    earth mother.
    the feminine mysteries?
    i don't know!
    many things.

it can't just be male though. it would have to be a hermaphrodite, or at least have a wife.
    you can't create squat without a lady

16. Colasisof l'd

Colasisof l'd Member

God is everything you see around you,everyone around you..but yet something or someone you can not see with the naked eye...but i believe that the one leader or the highest power that was in human form is the original hippie man...Jesus.

Maybe I'm just rambling on but that's what I truly think (almost) all the time

17. Reverand JC

Here's the thing. To me the concept of God is that of a pattern that reoccurs far to often to be random. I think I talked about Phi or the Golden Ratio on this thread and I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned but here it goes again.
    The Golden Ratio is a non repeating decimal= 1.61803399.....

It can be used in equations to determine:
    Placement of protons and neutrons on the nucleus of an atom, Probability of the position of an electron when an atom is in a neutral state, Probability of the position of a neutron when an atom is in an exited state, The structure of chemical compounds, The placement of microscopic hairs on the legs of an insect, The structure of the microscopic hairs on the legs of an insect, The size an placement of the eyes on an insect, The position and structure of the double helix of DNA, The natural geometry of a Beehive, The placement of scales on coldblooded animals, The placement of feathers on birds, the structure of feathers on birds, The placement of individual hairs on mammals, The structure of said hairs, The segments on a Nautaulis snail, The placement of leaf growth on a plant, The placement of Branch growth on a tree, The pattern of seed development in the center of a sunflower, The position of a planet in it's orbit, The position of a planets orbit in relation to the sun, The distance between planets, The frequency of a comet's orbit, The overtone series of sound, The color spectrum of light, The bandwidth of radio waves, and these are only the things that I can remember off the top of my head.

The thing is to me this is too frequently reoccurring to be a coincidence. Call whatever it is that connects these things what you will I just choose God to make it easy. And to Dirty Dog in response to the phrase "Good luck in your wishful thinking" the only thing I have to say to you is Good luck in your state of denial.

Stay Brown,
    Rev J

18. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

Yep.

That comes pretty close.

I like to think of God as that which helps me when no one and nothing else can.

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

God is unreachable, like the cookie on the top shelf.. but you do your best to get the cookie.. :D

And yes my fellow enlightened friends, I used the cookie again as an analogy ..

20. childofapeacefdulnation

childofapeacefdulnation Member

god is a power inside us that we can choose to explore like chakras or chi
    it is totally up to us to use him/her/they/that/it whatever you want to call "god" for purposes that you want whether its praying meditating or being an atheist