Who Have You Seen Live?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by Lennon_Skye, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Lennon_Skye

Lennon_Skye Member

Okay...Attention all Hippies!

Which big bands in the 60s-70s have you seen live?

From Jethro Tull to Beatles.

L_S

May the 60s live on:peace:!

2. dormouse

dormouse Member

hmmm let's see ...

Led Zepplin
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Doobie Brothers
    Loggins and Messina
    Chicago
    Yes
    Grateful Dead
    Seals and Croft
    Kansas
    Journey
    Bob Segar
    Deep Purple
    King Crimson
    Aerosmith
    Steely Dan
    Alice Cooper
    Edgar Winters
    The Who
    Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young
    Bachman Turner Overdrive
    Grand Funk Railroad
    Heart
    Allman Brothers
    The Eagles
    Fleetwood mac
    Earth Wind and Fire
    Credence Clearwater Revival
    Boston
    Santana
    Foreigner
    Rare Earth
    Emerson, Lake and Palmer
    Peter Frampton
    Super Tramp

these are the ones that comes to mind right at the moment but i know i saw more bands. back in the 70s you could see 2 or 3 big name bands for $7-12 a ticket.

3. Lennon_Skye

Lennon_Skye Member

Yeah, I know it was that cheap then. I saw some tickets from the Woodstock days, only a few dollars.

But W:eek:W I can't believe you've seen so many people live, that had to be awesome, especially because some of those rank among my favorites. I always think that the bands of the 60's and 70's will forever be considered classics.

:peace:
    L_S

4. Nova?!

Nova?! The Walrus

I saw Aerosmith 2 1/2 years ago.
    although it wasnt IN the 70's they
    were still a band from the 70's
    and i've seen Motley Crue twice. but that's an 80's band

5. dormouse

dormouse Member

well, you got to see 2 or 3 bands per concert (even more if it was a festival) so while the list seems long it really doesn't represent all that many concerts. like i saw Steely Dan at Pirate's World (oh man! whatta dump! the venue roof had huge pieces missing) when they were a front band for Led Zepplin. and Blue Oyster Cult played the same concert as King Crimson and Deep Purple. i saw Doobie Brothers multiple times because they were always playing with someone like Loggins and Messina or Credence. for all the bands i saw and enjoyed i regret that Janice and Jimmy had left planet before i was old enough to see and appreciate them. **sigh**

6. dormouse

dormouse Member

yeah, i had Jefferson Starship on my list but i saw them in the 90s so took them off my list. besides, Grace wasn't with them anymore and tho the woman singer was good she just wasnt Slick. their music was okay but the concert was held on the Navy base in Key West. the presense of all those uniforms with leashed sniffer dogs kinda ruined the ambience.

7. Nova?!

Nova?! The Walrus

What was Creedence like live?
    this last summer we had, i had obsession with their album Cosmo's Factory.

8. dormouse

dormouse Member

what as Credence like. hmmmm reaching back into a jumble of images, stoner memories kinda tossed into the junk draw labeled "concerts". well, everyone knew the words to all the songs so the concert was like a sing along. i guess that's what i remember about it. it had a comfortable vibe. there was a homey engagement factor that you perhaps wouldn't feel quite as much at an Alice Cooper or a Yes concert.

9. WE1

WE1 Member

The first concert I ever attended was the Beatles at the old D.C. armory in Washington DC in early 64.

The last concert I attended was The Who about four years ago...Sorry to many to list in between.

But I can tell you the loudest concert I ever attended was Creedence Clearwater at the Jackson Civic Auditorium in the early spring of 1971.

The most influential concert I ever attended was Santana in Offenbach Germany during the early summer of 1969.

10. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

War ( with James Cotton! )
    El chicano
    Ambrosia
    Climax Blues Band
    Roy Buchanan ( ! )
    Nils Loefgren
    Randy Neumann
    Jethro Tull
    U.K.
    Johnny Winter ( ! )
    Ted Nugent ( twice, not willingly ):ack2:
    Heart ( ! )
    Boston
    Aerosmith ( sucked )

Rush ( 3 times! )
    Frank Marino And Mahogany rush
    Journey

UFO
    Little Feat
    Marshal Tucker
    Bob Seager
    Fleetwood Mac
    Mott the Hoople ( reunion tour)
    Nazarath
    Frank Zappa ( 1980)

... just a few off the top of my head. :cool:

ZW :peace:

11. Southernman

Southernman Boarischer Rebell

Adrian Belew, Aerosmith, Agitation Free, Alan Stivell, Alberto y Lost Trios Paranoias, Alexis Korner, Alice Cooper, Amon Düül, Anyone's Daughter, Aphrodite's Child, Ash Ra Tempel, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Atomic Rooster, Bad Company, Barclay James Harvest, B.B. King, Be-Bop Deluxe, Beggars Opera, Big Brother & The Holding Company, Birth Control, Blackfoot, Black Oak Arkansas, Black Uhuru, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Blue Öyster Cult, Blue Cheer, Bob Marley & The Wailers, Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band, Bob Dylan and The Band, Boston, Brainticket, Burning Spear, Cactus, Camel, Can, Canned Heat, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Caravan, Carolyne Mas, Cheap Trick, Cheech & Chong, Chicago, Chicken Shack, Country Joe & the Fish, Cream, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Culture, Curved Air, David Bowie, David Lindley, Deep Purple, Def Leppard, Dr. Hook, Eagles, East of Eden, Edgar Broughton Band, Electric Orange, Eloy, Embryo, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, Eric Burdon & The Animals, Eric Clapton, Extrabreit, Family, Faust, Fehlfarben, Fischer-Z, Fleetwood Mac, Focus, Foreigner, Frank Zappa, Freygang, Frijid Pink, Frumpy, Gary Moore, Genesis, Gentle Giant, Gianna Nannini, Gong, Grand Funk Railroad, Grateful Dead, Greenslade, Grobschnitt, Guru Guru, Hans Söllner & Bayaman Sissdem, Hawkwind, Heart, Hidria Spacefolk, Huey Lewis & The News, Humble Pie, Inner Circle, Iron Butterfly, Iron Maiden, It's a Beautiful Day, James Gang, Jane, Jean-Luc Ponty, Jeff Beck, Jefferson Airplane / Starship, Jethro Tull, Joe Bonamassa, Joe Jackson, Joe Walsh, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, John Cale, John Mellencamp, Johnny Winter, Journey, Judas Priest, Jukka Tolonen, Kansas, Ken Hensley, King Crimson, Kraan, Krokus, Led Zeppelin, Linda Ronstadt, Little Feat, Little River Band, Loggins & Messina, Lou Reed, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Magma, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Manfred Mann's Earth Band, Marillion, Meat Loaf, Men at Work, Mitch Ryder, Moby Grape, Molly Hatchet, Motörhead, Mother's Finest, Mott the Hoople, Mountain, Nazareth, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, Nektar, Nils Lofgren, Nina Hagen, Novalis, O Band, Osibisa, Outlaws, Out of Focus, Ozric Tentacles, Pat Benatar, Pat Metheny Group, Patti Smith, Pavlov's Dog, Peter Frampton, Peter Tosh, Phish, Pink Floyd, Popol Vuh, Procol Harum, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Rainbow, Renaissance, REO Speedwagon, Robert Fripp, Robin Trower, Rory Gallagher, Rossington Collins Band, Roxy Music, Roy Buchanan, Rufus Zuphall, Ruphus, Saga, Santana, Savoy Brown, Saxon, Südstern 44, Schröder Roadshow, Skid Row, Sniff 'n' the Tears, Spirit, Spliff, Steamhammer, Steel Pulse, Steely Dan, Steppenwolf, Steve Hillage, Steve Miller Band, Steve Winwood, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Styx, Subject Esq. / Sahara, Supertramp, Sweet Smoke, Syd Barrett, Taste, Ted Nugent, Ten Years After, The Allman Brothers Band, The Animals, The Byrds, The Crazy World of Arthur Brown, The Doors, The Flock, The Jeff Healey Band, The Lovin' Spoonful, The Move, The Mothers of Invention, The Nice, The Outlaws, The Rolling Stones, The Stooges, The String Cheese Incident, The Tubes, The Velvet Underground, The Who, The Yardbirds, Thin Lizzy, Tito & Tarantula, Todd Rundgren, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Toto, Traffic, Traveling Wilburys, Tri Yann, UFO, Ugly Kid Joe, Uriah Heep, Van der Graaf Generator, Van Halen, Vanilla Fudge, Wallenstein, Wigwam, Wishbone Ash, Xhol Caravan, Yes, Zone Six, ZZ Top, 10cc, .38 Special

missed Hendrix, Morrison and Joplin

Some old tickets up from the 70ies

12. bubbler211

bubbler211 Member

i am surprised that nugent had the time to uummm try to sing anything! Last i heard about this prick he was still torturing small animals out in the woods

13. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I was not alive in the 60's or 70's but I will list bands I've seen from those eras:

Crosby, stills, and Nash
    the allman brothers
    blue oyster cult
    journey (- Steve perry and I think - greg rollie)
    aerosmith
    the rolling stones
    yes
    Santana
    foghat
    doobie brothers
    pat travers
    Steve miller band
    steppenwolf

14. gratefuldaze

gratefuldaze Member

the eagles
    ZZ TOP
    WOLFMOTHER
    Trans Siberian Orchestra
    AC/DC
    Bachman & Cummings
    Gordon Lightfoot
    Bob Dylan
    Neil Young
    Crosby Stills and Nash
    ZZ TOP / Pretenders / Stray Cats
    Roger Waters - Dark side of the moon
    Rolling Stones

15. AnnieInsight

AnnieInsight Member

Sadly, I am at the mercy of my "go by the book" family. And what's sad...I always have been. I'm not allowed to go to concerts because my parents don't think they're safe. So...since I am a black sheep (and damn proud of it), I wish with all my heart that I could go to at least ONE summer festival with good music and good dope, just feeling the breeze lift my flower skirt and my hair. Mmm. I would die a happy hippie.

At the moment, I wish I could see Alice Cooper, Queen, Sweetwater (the band that disappeared from the original Woodstock because Nancy Nevins lost her voice in a near-fatal car accident)...as well as The Guess Who and anyone who makes me think.

16. Hardrockerdave94

Hardrockerdave94 Member

In chronological order
    Joe Bonamassa (and support)
    Gary Numan (and support)
    The Answer (supporting AC/DC)
    AC/DC
    Loaded (supporting bsc)
    Black Stone Cherry
    Kiss
    Plus a few tribute bands, I've seen some pretty good bands for being 16. I also was supposed to see Chuck Berry (one of my guitar idols) but he cancelled.

17. Dirtyhippycommiebastard

Dirtyhippycommiebastard Member

I saw CSNY on the freedom of speech tour.IT WAS INCREDIBLE SINGING "LET'S IMPEACH THE PRESIDENT" WITH THE WHOLE CROWD! I saw Earth, Wind, And Fire afew years ago(great show).I saw Meat Lauf with Cheap Trick for my birthday one year.That was pretty fun(i was into Meat at the time).The thing i remember most about that show was when me and my cousin Jose saw group of hot chicks in tight dresses and Jose said "they look pretty expensive to me".LOL! Also i remember seeing a great Beatles tribute band called Beatlemania at a festival here in Florida when i was a kid.They played ALMOST THE WHOLE CATALOG !

Here is boot of CSNY from the tour i saw.Enjoy.

disc 1
    http://www.4shared.com/file/YHVOLkmP/CSNY_Toronto-2006-07-10CD1.html
    disc 2
    http://www.4shared.com/file/bFEpp2LJ/CSNY_Toronto-2006-07-10CD2.html
    disc3
    http://www.4shared.com/file/hKeOUdC7/CSNY_Toronto-2006-07-10CD3__Ar.html

18. Sam_Stoned

Sam_Stoned Senior Member

Rufus Wainwright, Taj Mahal, Flogging Molly.

Edit: My bad, didn't pay attention to the thread.

19. slappyman

slappyman Member

First let me say my favorite concert was CSN, saw them right after Crosby got done being a guest of the state of Florida. I had a second row seat right in front of Stephen Stills. The Fabulous Thunderbirds opened for them and Stills spent most of their show dancing on the side of the stage with a young girl I assume to be his daughter.

REO Speedwagon
    Thin Lizzy
    Bob Seger
    Aerosmith
    The Kinks
    The Who
    The Tubes
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Todd Rungren (at a church no less)
    Alice Cooper
    Heart
    Edgar Winter
    U2 (in a small 500 seat theater before their first album)
    Red Ryder
    Springsteen and The East Street Band
    Eric Clapton
    Van Halen ( again before their first album, remember thinking who the hell are they)
    Eddie Money
    Yes
    Rainbow
    Asia
    38 Special
    Genesis
    Frank Zappa
    Iron Maiden ( more times then I care to admit, seems they opened for everyone who came to town )
    There are more but they've slipped my foggy mind

20. Libra

Libra Member

Elton John, The Beach Boys, The Eagles! Same concert at Wembley in 75.