Who else wants to have kids someday?

Discussion in 'Gay' started by Redhead420_23F, Jun 29, 2006.

1. I'm 23, almost 24, and when I was a teenager there was nothing in the world I wanted more than a baby. Fortunately I never got pregnant though, I supressed the urge to not use a condom on purpose etc...I'm glad cause now that I'm older I understand how huge a responsibility it is in a way I never did when I was younger. just taking care of myself is a full-time job, lol seriously, I'm so not ready to be responsible for a child's life.

Than a few years ago, I made myself a promise: I will not have one until I am 30! My 20's are for me. And I'm going to stick to that, I'm waiting till I'm at LEAST 30 before I have a baby.

But I do want one SOOOO bad, in the "someday" sense. I love children, they are so awsome. A lot of my friends have had children already, so I've held them as babies, watched them grow...and I just can't imagine anything more worthwile in this world. First I need to graduate from college, go to europe a couple times, get established in my career...but than I do want one.

The reason I'm posting this in the "gay" forum is because I was wondering how many other people have/want children, and how are you going to go about it? I know in my heart, I will probably end up marrying a woman someday. (weather or not its legal by than, I'll still say the vows and mean it when I meet the right woman).
    But what I'm not sure about is how we'll go about having children? There's adoption, or, artificial insemination (sp?). I just dunno about the latter. The thought of taking some random guys sperm and putting it in my egg is just...sorta science-fiction-y to me. lol if that makes sense. I swear I wish there was a way two women could get each other pregnant when we wanted to.

LOL in a way thats a huge perk of being gay...no one is going to get pregnant! hehe. But than when you WANT to get pregnant...thats where it gets complicated huh? This isn't something I'll have to worry about for at LEAST 6 years (lol I'm so sticking to my "not till I'm 30" vow) but I gotta wonder how thats gonna happen for me....

2. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

I honestly don't know how I feel about children. I suppose someday I will have the desire, but I am only eighteen. Definitely not ready for anything that that entails. Eventually, I am sure my opinions will change on this issue. Only time will tell.

3. daysye

daysye dumb as a box of hammers

i would love to have kids someday....but i am not ready now....about women getting each other pregnant.....that is not possible but there is a way that you could put you and your partners eggs together so that they would fuse as on and then you would have a baby that has both of your genes.....

4. Well theoretically you could take a sample of your partners blood and purify it using it as the pseudo-semen. after all they where capable of cloning animals in this manner.

5. Pax

Pax Member

I'm only 16, but I've thought for a while that I don't want my own kids because I figure that there are so many kids in need of a family already that I'd rather look after someone like that, but recently, I've been thinknig what it would be like to have my own kids...but anyway

6. Tipo Sensuale

Tipo Sensuale Senior Member

If you want kids I got one spare... I'll keep him during the quiet moments and if he's tearing round the house he's all yours.

Joke. I love him really. No.. Really... I do.

7. Morning Myst

Morning Myst Member

My gf and I want kids badly. She is gonna start the assisted procreation next year, when she graduates. I'll be next. We want at least two, but prolly more.

8. virgo_boy

virgo_boy Member

I want kids! Likely a boy and a girl. But either way it'll be hard. They have to be my own kids.

9. MSman

MSman Member

I def want kids. want get in a long term relationship unless he wants them too. I either want one girl, a boy and a girl, or 3 kids. Not sure yet.

10. QB_Cooper

QB_Cooper Member

I would love to raise a little girl but i'm so scared that my kids will grow up getting teased by others. I'm not fully convinced the world is accepting of gay parents.