"whiting out"??

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by bigblondeafro87, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Hey all, had a very odd toking experience last night. I was sitting at my friends house with around 6 or 7 people, drank a beer and had one or two shots. We had also smoked a blunt and a bowl during all this. After chillin for a while more, we headed into the kitchen to smoke a couple bongs. After hitting the bong about three or four times, my friend Carlo was in the process of packing another.

While he was standing there talking all of a sudden everything started to get kind of faded. Lace-like hallucinations started coming over my eyes stronger and stronger as the seconds ticked by and reality started becoming harder to see. I felt this pressure in my ears and they popped a couple of times. At this point I said in a normal voice "I think I'm gonna go sit down in the other room." I started walking towards the doorway but then I lost all touch with reality. Everyone's voices faded into a jumble of indistinguishable noise and I couldn't say anything. I couldn't see anything but bright waves of patterns and alex grey-type stuff emanating from the others in the room. It felt as though someone was pushing me foward but I didn't know what was up or down, let alone where the doorway was, so I turned and started repeatedly walking into the wall while slumping down onto the ground.

The next minute or two was kind of a blur as I came back two reality but we just sat on the couch while I cooled off. The rest of the night I felt shocked and wide awake.

Anyone experience anything similar? It was a very odd experience, but although it was frightening it was kinda fun. I'm thinking it was a strong headrush even though I hadn't taken a hit in a few minutes before the incident. Everyone said I was just staring straight foward with a scared look on my face as I fell loosely to the ground.

2. snail

snail Member

This has happened to me 3 times before. I think it has to do with low blood pressure. If it happens again, get a drink of water or juice or anything, that helped it from not happening to me for a 4th time. There actually is a term for this sort of thing, but i can't remember..

3. neuroptican

neuroptican ...hadouken!

This has happened to me a couple times, one time at a party right before a fight broke out. I was all slumped on the ground trying to snap out of this intense head rush I got, and I felt really weak, when all of a sudden some dude run in and start jumping a couple of kids who were at the party. I couldn't really see it because it was like a head rush with all those colors and shit in my eyes. But all I know is one guy got stomped and pushed into a pool while I was in my own world feet away.

I think it has to do with dehydration. Make sure you drink some water occasionally if you are smoking and drinking alcohol at the same time.

4. It's happened to me a few times too, where I felt like I was going to pass out. I didn't see any cool visuals though.
    I think you guys are right about it being dehydration.

5. dgdys90

dgdys90 Member

This happens to me every other time I smoke. There is a way you can induce it but it happens to me most of the time by accident. I am almost positive it has to to with low blood pressure AKA standing up to fast.

(this is best done with the help of a friend)
    The way to induce it is crouch down with your knees all the way bent but still standing on your feet. Light up a joint. Before you hit the joint exhale as much air as you possibly can. When you are done with that start hitting the joint and slowly standing at the same time. If you have a friend there when you get all the way stood up act like you are hugging yourself and have your friend come behind you and squeeze you real tight while you hold the smoke in. HOLD THE SMOKE IN AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. Untill you just cant hold it any more. Then tap your friend to let them know to let go and proceed with the coolest headrush and high you will ever have.

BTW this is probably incredibly bad for you so do this at your own risk.

6. edyb123

edyb123 Senior Member

Drinking alcohol and smoking alot can sometimes have that effect.

7. hippieatheart

hippieatheart vagina boob

i get that every so often..
    i get the same side effects that you had

it mostly happens to me whenever i smoke and then get in the shower.
    after i get out of the shower i get really dizzy and all that shit and i have to go and lay down or else i get incredibly weak and feel like i'm going to faint

like everyone else said, it's probably low blood pressure or dehydration..
    i don't really know how to prevent it either.. i just lay down until i feel better

8. undercooked

undercooked Member

I know what you mean, I think. I've had problems with it even while not on drugs, and I think it is related to blood pressure like others have said. I doubt that drugs help though.

One time, I stood up really fast after I had been sitting around. I don't remember if I had been smoking weed or not, but I stood up and went to get something out of the refrigerator. I started to feel faint as soon as I stood up, but I figured it was nothing and proceeded. I blacked out around the time I started opening the refrigerator door, and when I fell over, I tipped over the refrigerator part way and all of the food fell out. Whenever I woke up, my kitchen floor was covered in food and broken glass, and my girlfriend was shaking me while she was screaming and crying. Luckily, the kitchen of the apartment I lived in at the time was too narrow for the refrigerator to fall on top of me. That would have been a shitty death.

9. johntronic

johntronic Member

It's a brain tumor, friend.

I will mourn your passing.

10. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

a whitey is when you throw up.

what you had can be a multiple reasons:

1. laced weed

2. mixing brew with spirit

3. medicine such as anti biotics mixed with alcohol

4. good weed

5. Smoked too fast = very high blood pressure. this i would sometimes do intenionally. you hold a bong rip in, and with your hands slightly cut off circulation to your head, when you let go a rush is bought on. you see flashes, hear shit, ears pop, on multiple times ive fallen over or started shacking uncontrolably. last time i did it (like a year ago) i got a really really bad and sharp pain in my head for like 5min, since then no more.

6. brain tumor

11. elover

elover ritz with cheese

Low blood pressure. Smoking seems to make the black outs worse for me. Also it usually happens when I stand up and stretch.

Although I had smoked before school one day, and was sitting in my desk and everything started to go black, so I just set my head down figuring it was another black out kinda moment. Long story short I woke up 2 minutes later with people laughing and seeing if I was alright, because I had fallen out of my chair!

12. i think that happens to everybody and i am pretty sure thats how death feels u know brain shutting down and stuff but never wakening up lols

13. moongazer

moongazer Member

it's happened to me a few times, too. it usually has to do with, as some of you guys mentioned, dehydration because after i get a drink, i'm fine. the cool thing is, the weird sensations and hallucinations stay when that happens. i just feel i can deal with it after i have something to drink.

14. City Wok

City Wok Member

I've had periods of nauseia when I smoke but never as crazy or extreme as that. LOL it would hella trippy though...unless you had a brain tumor, then I'd be scard shitless.

15. I got these bad cramps in my stomach about twice, right after smoking. I hadn't mixed with alcohol or eaten anything, but I couldn't straighten up, felt generally weak like I was going to pass out, and had to lie down. I was like, wtf maryjane, this ain't supposed to happen. But I think my stomach had just gotten gassy after inhaling too much air into my stomach with the smoke, because I felt MUCH better about ten minutes after laying down.

Has this happened to anyone else here?

16. moongazer

moongazer Member

mmhmm- when that happens, lying on my stomach helps. and the gassy part is true, too- i burp a LOT if i inhale too much! >.< lol.

17. I have no idea what it was.. Im 16 years old and i went with my girlfriend to a stoners house far away from my city. We did 2 bong hits each and that was about gone and i didnt feel anything, was probably nothing left in it anways(using the remains). He asked his other buddy if he had something and we used a pipe. I had no idea what it was and we have no( fake stuff) in this country. We did three rounds and it was my 5th time smoking, we also did not drink any alchohol. At the third round i held my smoke in for a very long time 10-20 secs. I started feeling dizzy and placed myself by the wall. Took about 1 minute and i lost my ability to stand up so i fell to the floor like i was av
    About to cry and i saw the grey thing you see around old cinema films flashing in my vision. It stopped after a few secs and i started to turn in white from both sides of my eyes slowly, starting in the left and right corner of my eyes and after 10 seconds all i could see was white. I guess i started panicing of some sort and i felt like i was going to die, i heard my girlfriend speak with the other boys about how white my eyes was(they said they didnt say it when it was over) i felt like my heart was gonna explode and i somehow felt like god was going to kill me and give me to satan(nosense thinking) i felt like that and had no vision but dark white clouds covering every inch of my vision for a amount of time i have no idea what was until i heard my friend said let's go watch american dad. I could stand up and walked to the room, my girlfriend stopped me and told me i was white as hell all over my body and took a pic of it, i saw myself in the mirror beside me and i did not notice the whiteness. She told me i looked dead and i laid down on the bed, my hand was going up and down along with my feet and i felt like the only thing i was werw my heart that i could feel the heartbeats and hear them loud. I also looked behind me and saw my girlfriend kissing the 22 year old stoner, which made my whole body hurt even more, it felt like i was about to die, watched american dad for five hours and i noticed it was over. Nothing but a normale feeling of being almost high left. ( when i stood up after seeing white it slowly faded away btw) o
    I have no idea what i smoked but im pretty sure it was blackish and i could know by myself it was Grass/W. Can someone leave a reply about this terrivle thing? Because im starting to want to smoke again. This didnt make me depressive or give me any other harm after the white out day.