White Eye

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by wastingthedawn, Apr 5, 2007.

1. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

One of my hamster's eyes has gone all milky. He's not acting strange at all and it does not look infected but I'm still a little concerned. Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

I dunno but I swear every hamster that I ever had got wet tail disease. How does the little crapperhole look?

3. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

Fine, I've actually read alot about how you prevent wet tail by not feeding them water based veggies like lettuce and stuff like that.

Ya though, he seems pretty healthy, just has one crazy eye. Maybe he's gone blind in one eye or something...

4. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Hmmm I dunno but I have heard that rodents are prone to bad eye sight. Maybe he is just going blind....perhaps an infection? Maybe he poked himself on something?

5. brainstew

brainstew Member

Take him to the vet. Before u go though, cover one of his eyes and put food infron of it, the good eye i mean if he sees it then cover the good eye and do the same thing, if he doesnt see it, i dont think he can see in that eye. Dont use foods that have a smell, use a grape lol. Im so sorry about ur mousey.