while cleaning my room

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by fitzy21, Jun 12, 2006.

1. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i found my journal i wrote on my bike trip back in 2001. brought back many memories. i really wish i wrote more though, theres only about 10 or so entries in, wish i wrote throughout the whole trip...

2. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

where did you go to?

3. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I always say that I should be writing a journal of things that happen so that one day, many years from now, I can sit back and read, reminisce. Unfortunately, I've always had a short attention span and have started numerous journals and neglected them within days.

Then I'll look back and kick myself for it. :p

4. fitzy21

from boston, flew to chicago midland airport, then to seattle, then proceeded to bike across the country - Seattle, WA to Rye, NH - well, really about 40 miles north of Seattle was the actual starting point. that was 5 years ago...

7/10/01:

we did our first century today, which means we did 100 miles. well, we actually did 102 miles. we had a headwind all day. it was awesome that we got over 100 tho. there was a major storm while w were biking.

i remember that day clearly...we were happy to finally break the 100 mile mark....

5. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Wow, that's really amazing fitzy. What an incredible experience that must have been!

6. Dustinthewind

aww fitz, it sounds like this really made great memories for you to look back on. I am sure that even though you just had 10 entries that just re-reading those will bring back so many more.

Maybe you should wirte more down as you are remembering the moment.

7. fitzy21

yea, it was a great experience. i wanna do it again.

hmm, i should start writing down what i remember. that'd be nice to do. i found a picture of me chopping up some wood on a ranch we stayed at

8. Dustinthewind

ok post it, i wanna see the pic of you chopping up some wood, and hey what about the new haircut pic?????

9. fitzy21

heres me chopping wood -

[​IMG]

10. Dustinthewind

chopping wood that thick musta really have womped. :)

11. fitzy21

haha, it was wicked fun. the joke goign around was that i realy wasn't a city boy, and in fact i lived on a ranch all my life....hahaha

12. Dustinthewind

well, you do look very comfortable chopping the wood up, so uhmmm? is it really a rumor??? ha ha!

13. fitzy21

yea, just a rumor...i'm a city boy, born and bred

14. Dustinthewind

I'm a city girl myself. wouldnt have it any other way. To use to the mainstream life out in Cali.

15. fitzy21

yea, its nice to get out for a bit and travel and tour and experience, but i can't permanently live somewhere that isn't a big city.

16. Dustinthewind

you may live in a bigger city than I do. I mean really, I could never live in southern california where there are a million people.

We have ( I think) 300k here, which isnt really that big I spose.

17. fitzy21

from 2000 - boston had 589,141 people. we might be just over 600,000 now which isn't bad at all.

i realized at school, that i could not live in a small town...i need to live in a city like boston.

18. Dustinthewind

damn that is a lot of people. Way to many for me. I guess my town is rather small compared to yours. I soooooooo could not see myself living in a town that had like 1000 people. Damn! what the hell would you do to have fun. How boring would that be?

19. fitzy21

well, we drank. yea, that got old quick. we worked out. watched tv and movies, played old school nintendo.

we pretty much reverted back to being kids again and making anything that we did really fun. we would chill in the cafeteria and snipe people - meaning that we yell out a persons name, and if we succeeded in getting them to look around without finding us, we'd have a successful snipe.

places in montpielier would be closed before the sun even started to set. it's crazy, nothign is open late in the capital of vermont, unless its a restaurant or bar.