Which Shows Do You Watch?

Discussion in 'TV' started by honeyhannah, May 26, 2004.

1. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

Okay so I was thinking of how I normally don't even watch the tv when it is on, and I was trying to think of what I do watch.

Well my mom has a thing where she gets some completely uncalled for amount of channels(i told her not to get it) and I didn't find anything on it, except the music channels until yesterday and I found one of my favorite shows...

My So-Called Life- I love that show, always have, I'm gonna get it on DVD if they have it, besides that I watch...

Starting Over
    Saturday Night Live
    Alias

...but I only watch these shows b/c I'm hoping they will be as good as they once were, basically it is ritual, I wonder if anyone watches anything that they actually enjoy.

Oh I almost forgot I love The Daily Show and Adult Swim

2. metro

metro self-banned

The only show I watch regularly is The Sopranos. That last episode was a shocker. I felt like crying[​IMG]. I watch SNL sometimes, not too often though and Comedy Central's Friday Night Standup. Bill Maher too.

3. TerminalMadness

TerminalMadness Member

Everwood
    8 simple rules (Tho I might drop it)
    Smallville
    Joan of Arcadia
    Simpsons
    Home Improvement
    The Honeymooners
    Deadwood
    Curb your enthusiasm
    Family Guy
    Seinfeld

4. FireQuint

FireQuint Member

I don't watch any sitcoms. Never really did. I watch American Chopper here and there. Only because I've worked in an almost identical environment with a hot head constantly roaming over my shoulder. Many a arguments we had...

Other than that, I like watching Animal Planet while winding down for bed. That show where they go around arresting people for animal cruelty is good.

And of course the NBA playoffs is my shit.

5. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i watch the sopranos religiously

and i watch these randomly:
    seinfeld
    the simpsons
    surreal life
    jeopordy
    and various history channel shows

oh and i forgot! i used to watch curb your enthusiasm, but its never on anymore! and i watch old cosby show reruns.

6. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

i tend to watch a lot PBS shows....just finished watching the colonial house series.....i try to not miss the simpsons, both reruns and new shows.....thats about it beyond some reruns of that 70s show and king of the hill

7. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i watch alot of everything but sitcoms,

i watch alotta history channel, comedy central, sci-fi, spike tv(for my daily treks;) ) mtv 2 for pimp my ride and viva la bam.

8. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Colonial House was awesome! Wait...was that the one with the two couples? That was the one I watched. I don't like this one that they have going on now. It's a whole pilgramage of people and they have to live in this little colonial town. Bleh. That one seems kind of fake to me. The people look too clean and made up to be TRULY roughing it like the couples were in the other show.

But anyway, I almost always have my television on PBS. I used to keep up with Angel religiously, but now that it's over, there is no show I watch on a regular basis. I used to watch SNL all the time until it started being crap. Now I only tune in if someone awesome is hosting.

Oh, I also see reruns of That 70s Show from time to time. Red is hilarious! And, thanks to my sister, I know more than my fair share of Smallville storylines.

But it's mostly PBS, since I'm a big geek who loves documentaries and all that informational stuff. I watched a two-hour documentary about Tupperware a few weeks ago (and enjoyed it :eek: ) Last night I watched, or semi-watched, this three-hour documentary about Japanese samurai and ancient Japanese culture last night. Pretty interesting. Tonight there's going to be a Frontline special about how shitty the music industry is nowadays and whether or not there's any hope for music in the future. I'll be watching that, definitely. :)

9. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

dammit....i was going to watch that samurai special last night, but missed it...

i watched the documentary on tupperware that you were talking about and enjoyed it immensely....did you happen to see the documentary about the weathermen? that was really good.....oh yeah....did you watch the frontline on kip kinkle....i found that really really interesting.....i like going to PBS's website as well....

colonial house was the one with all the people....i liked it....but i did like frontier house, which is the one you were talking about, as well....did you see the victorian house....that one was good as well....

ooo...i could go on and on about PBS....

10. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Frontier House! Yes! It was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't blurt it out for the life of me. lol I really enjoyed that. I just can't get into this new one though. [​IMG]

I never saw the weathermen or the Kip Kinkle documentary! If they were half as great as the Tupperware one, then I'm upset I missed it. The Tupperware one was awesome. "Wonder Bowl" LOL I really cracked up when that one guy was all "I heard you can leave food in it for a year and not have it go bad." But man, all the BS politics and scandals behind the scenes. And this is just Tupperware!

I really enjoy Frontline. They always push the limit by doing specials on things that everyone is thinking, but too afraid to talk about. Did you watch the one where they talked about Bush and how he incorporates religion into his politics? My favorite Frontline was the one where they talked about Regan and the whole Iran-Contra scandal (The US trading weapons for hostages). And now they're FINALLY tackling the music industry. I can't wait! :)

Anyway, I didn't mean to threadjack and turn it into a PBS discussion. lol Sorry. :eek: Continue on!

11. FreakyJoeMan

FreakyJoeMan 100% Batshit Insane

Frontline
    The Daily Show
    Wildboyz
    Viva la Bam
    Pimp My Ride
    X-Play
    Unscrewed
    Aqua Teen Hunger Force
    Mission Hill
    The Brak Show
    Family Guy
    The Simpsons
    That 70's Show
    Two and a Half Men
    The West Wing
    ER
    Law and Order :)

12. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

wow you just added a few to my list i blanked out

13. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

How do you guys manage to have lives? :)

I only really bother with MASH and the Simpsons, but will occasionally catch a few other random shows if someone else is watching them and I've nothing better to do.

TTFN

Sage

14. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Actually, "My So-Called Life" is on DVD. Unfortunately, I don't have that show's DVD, but I remember when it was on, and I loved it :)

15. respect_the_fro

respect_the_fro Member

Futurama
    Family Guy
    ATHF
    Inuyasha
    Cowboy Bepop...ever seen the last episode, literally cried when spike died
    Trigun

16. joe

joe Banned

Number one on my list is always M.A.S.H.

Various Stand Up on comedy central
    Family guy - Funny Munkey!
    The Critic - Like family guy but it rips on movies
    The Daily Show - Why not?
    Shorties Watchin Shorties
    Cowboy Bebop - nice jazz and action
    Trigun - Poetic and junk, and i like westerns
    Beavis and Butthead - huhhh huhuhhuhuh
    South Park - You bastards
    Married With Children - '" So, a fat woman comes into the shoestore today.."
    and whatever the hell is on PBS

17. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I love all those Law and Order shows, CSI, and Charmed.