which is worse for you?

Discussion in 'Let Food Be Your Medicine' started by Samhain, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Samhain

Samhain Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I know that mst of you would say that you wouldn't take any, but if you really hard to which is the lesser evil see poll
    S

2. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Artificial anything is scary....

3. shameless_heifer

shameless_heifer Super Moderator

Sugars are more healthier then aspertane, as aspertane causes cancers. Splenda is real sugar with the stickey taken out to keep it from afixing to other blood globules as they pass through the arteries.

Stevia is a great sweetener and has other healthful benefits as well. Anything in moderation is OK except the things you know will harm you.

Daisymae, I love your sig..lololol..

sh

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what's worse for you depends on what kind of conditions and specifics about your body that you've already got. all them fake sugars was come up with for folks who couldn't have the real thing. ghoddess only knows what they do to you instead.

me i always take my sugar with cocoa which i don't know if that makes it better or worse but i don't much care for sugar taste in most things. or at least not more then what they come with in nature. thems that do.

(yes that means i put powdered chocklet in my coffee and don't put sugar or anything else on my grapefruit or strawberries. well i will but some of that chemical whipped topping stuff on a fruit salad sometimes and i know that's got some kind of sugar or sugar like stuff in it. main thing, i try to go light on all sweeteners in general, natural or synthetic. even my choclet i prefer darker and more 'bitter' then most people seem to)

=^^=
    .../\...

5. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes and thats what worries me!!

My mom and dad consume ALOT OF ASPERTAME DAILY and i have tried to tell them and they wont listen!!

They both have problems which i believe are aspertame related!!

Its hard when someone you love WONT LISTEN TO YOU WHEN YOU TRY TO HELP THEM!! (Especially a loved one)

6. WorldLove

WorldLove Member

I would say sweeteners are less healthy for the individual, without a doubt, but sugar can be more socially damaging.

7. voyagee

voyagee Guest

The topic title asks "which is worse?" but the poll question is "which would you use?"

You're not gonna be getting very accurate answers.

But obviously artificial sweeteners are much worse for the human body.

8. The Chinaman

The Chinaman Member

How?

9. The_Phantom

The_Phantom Member

I've know several people that once did use artificial sweeteners in their ice tea. One, especially, passed out while cutting the lawn, and it happened twice in one month. He switched to using sugar, and it never happened again. I may not use a lot of sugar in most things, but the "diet" is definitely out.

I always laugh when I see someone ordering a large pizza, with everything on it, and extra cheese. Then.... A "diet" soda. It just doesn't make sense.

10. FreshDacre

FreshDacre Senior Member

The question on the poll was the opposite of what the title of the thread asked... Made me pick the exact opposite of what I wanted nice one. Artificial sugar is much much worse x100

11. I have to choose sugar because I know nothing about artificial sweetener. It's point? Less calories or what? Chemical based?

12. RainForest

RainForest Banned

i will have to go with normal sugar its wa more healthy than artificial sweetener

13. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Indeed as ANYTHING NATURAL is better!

14. DianaBee63

DianaBee63 Member

If at all possible I don't touch artificial sweetener... In my opinion it makes everything you put it in taste chemical-ly :p They aren't at all good for you, either