Which famous actor or actress would have played which role better?

Discussion in 'Movie Stars' started by GoodGuy121, Sep 21, 2013.

1. GoodGuy121

GoodGuy121 Guest

Someone in another forum mentioned how they believe that Meg Ryan's character in You've Got Mail should've been played by someone else. It made me think of other 90's movies in which I'd rather have seen other people play famous roles. What I came up with was that I think that Harrison Ford should've played Michael Douglas' role in The Game, they should've casted Kate Beckinsale instead of Kate Winslet for Titanic, and instead of hiring Robin Williams for Good Will Hunting they should have picked a dramatic actor like Harvey Keitel or Ed Harris.

What do you guys think? It doesn't matter if it's a 90's movie or not.

2. alakazam

alakazam Guest

I think Kate Winslet did a pretty good job in Titanic. I think they should have chosen someone else as J.M.Barrie in "Finding Neverland". Johnny Depp is a talented actor, but he was not made for the part, as he is tall. Him portraying a person who was less than 5'3'' tall, and whose entire life and work is centered around the idea of not growing up, kind of ruined the whole biographical feelings the movie was supposed to convey.

3. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I think Edward Norton was miscast in "American History X". I think someone like Mark Wahlberg or Ben Foster would have been more believable in that role.

4. SouthPaw

SouthPaw Members

Mark Wahlberg portraying a white supremacist wouldn’t be much of a stretch. They wouldn’t call it “American History X” though. It’d be called, “Mark Wahlberg: An official Biography”.

His first two arrests were for stoning groups of black children, but his felony conviction stemmed from a series of attacks against Vietnamese immigrants that included an attempted murder charge. He plead down to assault and was sentenced to two years in jail.

He also had one of his bodyguards hold a guy down while he beat the shit out of him.

Yeah, I grew up in Boston. We all knew the Wahlbergs. My sister dated one of his brothers.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ugh, speaking of Meg Ryan

Courage Under Fire, awesome movie, I mean its got Denzel, great story, eveything.......except one thing, why the f*** did they cast Meg Ryan? Ruins the whole thing

Next one that pops into my head is whats-her-face in Terminator Genysis, really bad miscasting

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I actually want to turn this question around because originally the movie Candyman (1992) was to be played by Eddie Murphy, and I submit if he was cast in the role
    of Candyman instead of Tony Todd the movie would have bombed

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  7. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I've never liked who played Buddy's dad in ELF. Not sure who would have been a better fit, though.

8. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Cate Blanchette as John McClaine...well, Joan McClaine.

9. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Jamie Dornan instead of Ben Affleck in Gone Girl. Anyone but Ben Affleck.

10. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

She’s attractive, but I don’t think Uma Thurman is a good actress. It would have been better if they picked someone else for Pulp Fiction.

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Kill Bill as well, needed a girl more kick ass

12. jd234

jd234 Members

No way, she did a great job