which direction do you wear a belt?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Snowdancer, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

I've noticed that of my girl friends & for that matter just ladies I see wear their belts going either direction. I'm wondering which way you wear yours?

2. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

yeah women's clothes are actually designed for other ppl to put them on you (dates to way back when) so our buttons are on a different side as are the flaps on our zippers... so the belt usually goes with that.... i usually put mine with the loose end of the belt going out to the left i think... i don't wear belts too often.

3. ButtonGear

ButtonGear Member

I had always wondered if the button/zipper/flap direction was so that men and women could undress each other more conveniently. ;)

Now I know.

4. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Last time I put on a belt the buckle ended up on the left. That said it's generally more likely to be on the right (am left handed, if that makes a diffrence).

5. ProzacBunny

ProzacBunny Member

The loose end is always on the left. ;D

6. guy

guy Senior Member

i have tried explaining this difference with womens and mens belts to people at work

(our work clothing has a belt with a logo that when placed on loose end to the left, the logo can be read, when wearing it loose end to the right (the mans side) logo is upside down)

no one believes me/ cares. damn feminists infiltrating our clothing issue, or was it just a printing error? i choose the conspiracy theory everytime.

7. Balloonatic

Balloonatic Senior Member

what the fuck i hella dont understand the question. i wear the same belt every day and the buckle thing is in the front..haha i thought thats how it was supposed to be

8. torz

torz Member

i have started noticing where i live there is a new trend of wearing the buckle on your back. i will be sticking with the buckle on the front. when i do wear a belt (which aint very often) i start threading it on my left hip & going round my back so that the loose end is on my left.

9. Biida

Biida Member

It seems as though many of us wear our belts going toward the left. Observing this, I get a kick out of how the left side of the body symbolizes woman's essense/power/whatchamacallit.

10. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"Never attribute to malice what can adequatly be explained by incompetance."

11. clementinexo

clementinexo hip *****s sucks.

i hate belts so i don't know. i went right right... lol

12. Make Mangoes Not War

Make Mangoes Not War Member

I have the tail on the left.

13. pixierose

pixierose Member

wow, never thought about that. for some reason i thought there only was one direction to wear a belt...

it's amazing what you learn when you just stop and observe...! :p

14. lynsey

lynsey Banned

the left and assemetrical because it makes you look taller and thinner

15. lynsey

lynsey Banned

me too!

16. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

Why doesn't anyone like belts? They hold your pants up. I dunno, I don't go out without a belt on, but I have the problem with my pants always falling down because depending on what time of year it is, my pants are generally the wrong size. My weight tends to fluctuate depending on how hard I'm training, by about 20lbs, which makes a fairly big difference. Plus, I just think belts are really cool accessories. I am not sure if I like the new trend though, to wear your belt outside your shirt and almost up to your boobs. It just looks odd. My boyfriend thought I was joking when I showed him this. He didn't believe that people were actually wearing belts this way.

17. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Member

I'm talking about this new trend. I have always abhor the look generally on guys where their pants are way too big & they can't possibly stay up on their own. OK, sometimes it's cute to see the tops of their undies & it can kind of show of their bottoms but it just plain looks sloppy to me. OK, maybe I'm just being an old lady about this but I just think it looks stupid. All of them can use a belt & run it around either direction & it would be a vast improvement.

18. angelle

angelle Member

i got the most beautiful belt buckle this summer.. the tail has to go to the left, otherwise the scene on the buckle would be upside down.

i thought you were talking about how some people wear their belt to the side or whatever. i noticed people do it a lot who wear those studded belts.. so the studs are in the front instead of the buckle.

19. hummblebee

hummblebee hipstertist.

I don't ever wear regular pants and skirts, but only the stuff Ian and I make. When we do pants, shorts, etc. We put in an adjustable waistband with webbing and a buckle. We almost always put this in so that the belt pulls tight to the right, if that makes any sense. This is just more comfortable in our experience, but we're both right-handed. Sometimes, just for good measure and the sake of our lefty customers, I will make a couple pairs to sell that pull the other way. :)

20. Jenny_420

Jenny_420 Member

what he is asking Balloonatic is what side of your body is the tongue (flapping part) on.