Which Dead shows should I go to, MSG or Izod Center?

Discussion in 'Magic Mushrooms' started by StayLoose1011, Feb 18, 2009.

1. StayLoose1011

StayLoose1011 Senior Member

I live in Manhattan and this will be my first chance as a fan to see The Dead (as opposed to Phil or Bob solo). I'm super stoked, and I want to go to more than one show. They are playing one show on a Saturday (I think) at Madison Square Garden. The Dead are known to play very well at MSG. But, the ticket prices for MSG are outrageous. They are playing two shows at the Izod Center right across the river in Jersey. I already bought one mid-level ticket for one of the Izod shows, so now it comes down to my choice which is:

A. Pay $150 for a really sick seat at the second Izod center show and fuckin' rock out on the floor
    B. Pay $150 for a shitty seat at MSG and witness a potentially legendary performance
    C. Throw caution to the wind and pay God knows what for a really good seat at MSG

Money isn't a huge issue, but my main question is whether you experienced Deadheads think the MSG show will be significantly better than the Izod Center shows. Will I really be missing out if I skip the MSG show to see the second Izod Center show, or should I just ignore the fact that it's MSG vs. Izod and go for the great seat at the Izod center? Thanks a lot for your advice :)

2. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

This has nothing to do with mushrooms. Post it in the music forum.

3. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

the show in mountain view is the one to go to, 35 buck tickets, i tried but I couldnt, momma bought me 95 buck ones cause 35 bucks is too far away from bobby phil and the rest.