Which Country Grows the Best Cannabis?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Toker, Feb 18, 2023.

?

Which Country Grows the Best Cannabis?

1. Colombia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. India

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Morocco

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Lebanon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Netherlands

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Canada

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Thailand

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Nepal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Pakistan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. USA

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  11. Other (Please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

Which Country Grows the Best Cannabis? From the hippie days to the present.

2. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Dang that is a hard question Toker...

I have to say the best assortment of strains and fresh buds I ever experienced was in the Netherlands during the era '6 thru '06.

Then California came on strong with the NorCal growers busting out dyanmite buds from amazing genetics picked up round the world. Also a great variety there... once saw 72 strains in different jars in a Medical Dispensary up there in the 2010's. Now it's legal that all fell apart.

Where is it now?

Rumors of great new strains coming from Mexico, are just that so far...

Looking for the next thing is what it's all about!

Toker likes this.
  3. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

The very best I ever smoked was called Lambsbreath. It came from Jamaica. That was an absolute drug. A dozen people could get wasted for hours from a single joint. I spent years trying to get some more of the same but never could find it again.

Recently I was speaking to an old timer about that and he told me that the reason it was so strong was because it was laced with PCP. Since then there has been occasional weed going by the name, but not laced and not providing the same awesome trip.

~Zen~ likes this.
  4. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

I once "obtained" a bag of weed from a guy they brought into the ER. I figured I'm doing him a favor, so the cops don't see it and arrest him. I smoked some with a coworker who drove straight home completely paranoid that she would crash. Then she relaxed when she got to her street and promptly crashed her car turning into her driveway.

Yeah, PCP was going around at the time and the pot looked real sparkly.

Otherwise I'd be surprised if Jamaica had the best. But they are learning!

~Zen~ likes this.
  5. ~Zen~

Back in the '70s we got some Jamaican, don't think it was the Lambsbreath, cause it was not good. It didn't compare at all to the Columbian Gold we were getting at the time.

6. Kixoponev

Kixoponev Newbie

IMO, the Netherlands is known for its high-quality cannabis, particularly its famous "Dutch weed." However, other countries like Canada and the United States have also made significant strides in developing and regulating the cannabis industry.
    Ultimately, I think it's less about which country grows the best cannabis and more about finding a reputable and trustworthy source for your cannabis products . What about you, guys?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2023
  7. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

Years ago the best may have come from Columbia. At least the band Steely Dan thought so. (Listen to their hit "Hey 19") But in todays market I do believe growers in the USA are putting out the best. With over 700 plus different strains it's hard to pin down just one. A particular one will affect you different than me and so on. So what you love I might go meh over.

8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I notice you didn't include Mexico in your poll. Back in the day "Mexican" weed generally referred to mediocre quality pot, but keep in mind Acapulco Gold came from Mexico, as did Michoacan. Colombia made the strongest pot overall, but I tended to like the high-end Mexican and Jamaican strains better as they were more mellow and pleasant.

After seven years of living in a legal state, smoking nothing but locally grown weed, it's clear the USA has taken over in terms of quality. Over 1000 strains to choose from with THC as high as 40%, and that's just the buds! Vaping, dabbing, etc. have opened up new worlds! Cultivating greater strains of marijuana has become an American science experiment!

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. straightma1e

straightma1e Members

The US Farm Bill has seen to that. Now one can get high from things like vapes, dabs, and tinctures formed with THCo, THCa, HHC, and a number of other science based combinations. Plus in some states that have allowed legal sales of CBD or in reality Hemp products these are easily obtained through loop hole law.

10. ~Zen~

Living in Mexico, I can definitely say that they are not producing much, if any, quality cannabis. We have one source that can get some decent strains, but it is a small grow, with not much available.

The days of Acapulco Gold and Michoacan are over, the cartels took care of that.

We hear they are now IMPORTING quality buds from the US for the tourists in Cabo, amusingly enough. But some people will pay anything for the taste of quality.

11. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Occasionally I still manage to find some Acapulco Gold, but of course it's locally grown. Haven't been able to find Michoacan anywhere. Mexico needs to legalize.