which city do u dislike the most

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by cipherC, May 4, 2008.

1. Glen_Quagmire

Glen_Quagmire Member

While I do like the city (been there 4 times), I really, really hate the people who live there. I'm of course talking about New Yorkers. They are just a bunch of assholes who try to treat you like shit if you aren't just like them. Whenever they ask where I'm from, and I say Mississippi, they treat me like I'm retarded, even though I have a 4.0 in college. Simply put, fuck New Yorkers.

I love people from Chicago though. They are for the most part nice people, and I really like that city.

2. perkyperks

perkyperks Member

You make me laugh! I was born and raised in New York! And i take no offense to what you wrote b/c you are sooooo right! It is the 1 thing i hate about NY.
    I worked as a bartender in NYC by the theatre district and all the tourists came in for lunch after catching a show. I was shocked by how mean all the regulars were to them! They really did treat them like idiots!

BUt just remember that there are a FEW nice New Yorkers like me who don't act that way!

So i agree, and vote for NY!

:flowers:

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

all cities are a complete waste of energy and resources. and ever since the invention of the airplane, stratigically, sitting targets.

even their surrounding 'bed room communities' are too many people, living too close togather, with too little reason for doing so.

trolleys ('light rail'/public transportation), exotic restaurants, and university engineering libraries, are the only redeaming virtues of any of them.

any place where you have a lot of people living cheek by jowl without those things, is even less redeaming then the cities themselves.

and there's no need nor reason for it, and very little if anything to be gained by it either.

=^^=
    .../\...

4. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

actually living in urban centers is better for the environment as a whole than spreading out across an entire landmass.

There are many reasons for cities, just because you are a country guy it seems you are biased.

Also, why only engineering libraries are worthwile, what about other librairies, or medical care centers, or businesses that provide people with a livlihood, museums etc

I pretty much never agree with you, but this particular post seems especially ignorant

5. sourdiesel06

sourdiesel06 Member

Having lived either in or outside of New York and Chicago my whole life, I can wholeheartedly say that Boston is by far the worst city on that list (at least among the ones I've been to. The capitol of New England doubles as the capitol of snobbery.

6. peacechicka1

peacechicka1 Member

I stay away from those big cities, too many stuck ups & druggies, Miami...BEACH is groovy, but once I get outta the water I want to go back to a smaller town.

7. trippychic09

trippychic09 Member

i dont really dislike any of these cities, but the one that i think i wouldn't like the most would probably be miami, all the humidity and everything.

8. *Autumn*Epona*

*Autumn*Epona* Hemptress

Philly....the cops are pretty harsh...among other things.

9. ibe a-ta

ibe a-ta Member

chicago suck

course I only say that because of my football reference

go packers

10. Quoth the Raven

Quoth the Raven RaveIan

Where's the "none of them, London has em beat hands down" option?
    Not been to any of those places, and from what I can see I ain't missing out :D

11. LinaJo76

LinaJo76 Member

All the cities you mentioned, other than Miami. I have been to Miami 2 times now and I do like it (don't love it though, no). It's cool to go to the little bars there or get coffee there.

12. etkearne

etkearne Resident Pharmacologist

Miami because it is the most consistently hot and humid. Las Vegas was going to get the vote, because the AIR temperatures can get the hottest of the cities listed, BUT the humidity isn't even as bad as New York or Chicago, let alone Miami.

I hate heat and it can ruin a perfectly good city IMO.

13. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

14. ex796

ex796 Member

love Chicago
    Miami
    NY
    idk about LA or Vegas.
    I don't know if I'd like Boston.

15. Coupon

Coupon Member

Miami

16. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

lol... come to the united kingdom.

17. flyboy270

flyboy270 Member

Other then Las Vegas I actually like all those cities quite a bit. I don't dislike Vegas, used to live there, but its not my favorite.

18. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

It was a close tie between Chicago and Vegas but I'm in Chicago now so I picked Shitcago. Huge, dirty, sprawling mess of overpopulation...

I think I need to head back to the Desert...

19. delilah sunshyne

delilah sunshyne Member

I voted for LA, mainly b/c I'm just not a fan of the west coast. no particular reason, except I've had much better times in all of the eastern cities.

Houston is the worst city I've ever stepped foot in, although I cant say that i wont end up moving back there sometime

20. Rutz

Rutz The Farming Communist

Salt Lake City it a bunch of uptight, paranoid prudes.
    They give everybody so much hassle.
    Once they stopped and searched every person on my greyhound at a security point because they are so SURE that their little paradise is right at the top of the list of worldwide terror organizations.

Such a pain in the butt.

Apart from that, and because it wasn't on the list, I have to say that I am from Boston and I cannot live in any city with a grid plan. It drives me nuts.