Where's this forum gone to?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by BudToker, Jun 2, 2007.

1. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Obviously this part of the forums is for discussion of Christianity. But almost all threads and all posts are not discussions, but rather anti-christian people damning the religion over and over and over again and saying everyone else is wrong without considering different points of view. Honestly, its sad, frustrating, and rediculous. I am going to make a simple request that people (and you know who you are) who can not have an open discussion about Christianity without resorting to rediculous statements or retortions of the same arguement (over and over and over and over...) please please leave. You do no good for the forums and you add no intelectual insight.

2. Jedi

Jedi Self Banned

No , its okay, they don't have to leave. they can just stop the ridiculous damning statements and their persistent repetitions, and start to pose their arguments in fair, consistent and logical manner, without resorting to personal comments/ insults.

3. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

I think I can comprimise at that. :)

4. Liroy

Liroy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

"and you add no intelectual insight."

This post does not add any intelectual insight either,
    so what exactly was your point?

I think it's a form of optimism that equals to a certain point of foolishness to actually start a topic like this.
    The forums are for discussions about the Christian religion, yet you apparantly seem to lack the observation powers to notice that.

The people that are starting discussions to get responses are doing nothing wrong,
    but it really amuses me that people now start complaining about it, because they dont like the truth to which they have to answer, but rather dont,
    or maybe it is no truth, and then you dont wish to defend yourselves and get into the discussion, no you rather run away or ask people to leave? :-|

It's not those people you should ask to leave,
    but rather ask yourself to leave if you dont like the goddamn discussions!
    If you cant take it, then you are not forced to read through this board,
    you have the freedom of not reading it, so if you dont like it, dont read it,
    dont bother with pointless topics like this.

5. skip

skip Founder Administrator

I might also add that these people AREN'T starting any new, worthwhile threads themselves, only complaining about those who do.

In fact, let's look at Budtoker's wonderful threads a moment, OK?

Here are the last three threads he started in this forum (in fact the only three):
    Where's this forum gone to?
    People who diss Christianity really piss me off...
    Are there actually any open-minded people who can talk about religion without resorting to personal attacks?

So I don't see ANY original threads here, in fact all three threads seem to be ON THE SAME TOPIC! Which of course qualifies as SPAM. So if anyone should be taken to task, it's Budtoker.

And he is GUILTY of some of the things he accuses other of, including repeating himself endlessly.

But we can't mock Budtoker, after all as a Christian he has provided many uplifting, inspired threads for us to contemplate such as:
    Blowjob Vs Sex
    My wooden chillum (And I made it! :) )
    My Dog the Pothead
    Peeing in the shower?
    Smoke it in the shower!
    The way to smoke w/o your parents knowing

All very enlightening, spiritually oriented postings. I'm glad to see that Christians are so intellectual. :)

6. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

I thought this was the christian fourm but I SUPPOSE everyone will again resort to ad hominems . Bud Toker is right

7. Its like FUA is some kind of punchdrunk boxer who leaps up from his seat in the bar and starts shadow boxing because someone rang a bell !

Ha ha ha - the christianity forum isnt worth debating in - there used to be christians here that you could debate against because they actually believed in themselves and religion but now theres just some guy trying to fight everyone

8. rebelfight420

rebelfight420 Banned

YESSR masaa

i could have sworn most of these fourm posts were based on opinon!

9. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

AHAHAHA HEHEHOHO! I love how people assume (assuming makes...come on everyone...an ASS out of U and ME) I'm Christian even though I stated over a dozen times I'm not. It really makes me laugh. I'm Agnostic thank you very much. If your going to comment abotu my posts at least read them man! The thread "Are there actually any open-minded people who can talk about religion without resorting to personal attacks?" is actually worthwhile. It was an attempt to find people who are "open-minded" and can "talk about religion without resorting to personal attacks". Though I must say I break these rules on occasion. lol
    And don't think I'll go easy on you because you're the admin. ;) lol

10. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

Who is the "guy trying to fight everyone"? I hope its not me cause i don't try to fight everyone...just a few individuals lol

11. umm...ya

umm...ya over joyed!

I believe in God but I would not consider myself religious. I grew up Catholic but was never forced to believe the way the church did. My fiance does not believe in God and we get along fine because we discuss religion in a very open way. I am very capable of understanding people who don't believe in God because they have no proof but I also understand faith. I do think that most "Christians" are close minded about what they believe in being the only answer. I also believe that a lot of atheists are also just as close minded because they think that religion is a joke and they can't understand blind faith. Both sides have very strong arguments and each side thinks theirs is the right one. SO asking atheists and Christians to get along will probably never happen.

It takes a person strong in their own beliefs to have an open minded discussion with out making things personal or attacking the other side.

12. BudToker

BudToker Senior Member

I'm not asking anyone to get along. lol But yeah I know what you mean. My mom is an open minded Christian, so is my sister and brother-in-law. My dad is an open minded semi-Jew. haha But unfortunatly not everyone can be blessed with an open mind.

13. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

My sister-in-law and her husband are both atheists, and we get along just fine. we have discussions, and are respectful of each other's views. I love hearing others' viewpoints and why some believe and why others dont, but I dont want to have to defend myself.....i'm just having a conversation. I am a Christian, but I am not a churchgoing one because the ones that go to church dont take too kindly to me. I have a different opinion on what Christianity really is. I'm very liberal and have friends in many other religions. Half my family is Southern Baptist, and I dont speak to them (by my choice) because they are those "Christians" that everyone dislikes. Doing my own readings and exploring other faiths and religions has only given me a greater belief in my faith. FedUp, even though our views conflict, you do pose some great questions and you get me thinking.

14. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

youre kidding, right skip?? talk about hypocrisy.

this guy goes on and on about christian beliefs that he doesnt find in the bible. I would say 75 percent of his threads are about that alone.

talk about putting someone to sleep!