Where would your ideal place to live be?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by Spacer, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Spacer

Spacer 'Enlighten yourself'

I wouldn't mind a little terraced house in Sevilla, Cordoba or Granada in the South of Spain for living in the autumn, winter and spring and then a small chateau near Innsbruck in Austria in the Alps for the summer. That would be the shiznet and give me plenty of time to improve my poor German and even worse Spanish. Now all I need to do is win the lotto! :D

2. mystical_shroom

mystical_shroom acerbic

haha anywhere but here...Id really like to live in a giant treehouse..haha in someones backyard..that would be different..

3. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

mostly i want a big yurt on a mountain somewhere surrounded by faeries and wildflowers. and trees.

4. Spacer

haha, I found a great site that makes treehouses for ya, all you need now Kayla is to locate a suitabel tree!

5. Ash_Freakstreet

Ash_Freakstreet Hmm.... GROOVY!

below the Oceanbeds of the pacific

6. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I don't know... I feel stuck in the US, yet I like canada, but I like mountains... I want to live in a cabin near the top of a mountain... or something. A few miles from the nearest town... but I don't like being attached. I like traveling... camping.

7. novarys

novarys Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

i wanna live in arizona most definately :D *thumbs up* but really anywhere where its warm and happy

8. Key West Florida. This town is so laid back the cops are even cool. As long as you arent hurting anybody or stealing anything or being stupid enough to smoke ganja on the street they leave you alone. A town where the Rednecks, Hippies, Fags, Drag Queens, Lesbians, Bikers, Senior Citizens, College Spring Breakers, African Americans, Hispanics, Whitey the blue eyed devil and even Irishmen( just jokin spacer!) can all hang out and enjoy themselves. Often in the same bar with Iguanas on the bar and dogs on the floor. I want to die there on Higgs Beach with a bottle of Makers Mark, an ugly Hawiian shirt and a beard down to my navel. *sigh*

9. Spacer

lol, us Irishmen enjoy ourselves no matter where we go!! :D

10. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

Utila, Honduras.

11. acetonephish

acetonephish lickage

A cute little apartment in Boston, or one of those homes/tree houses in Hawaii.

12. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

Pawley's Island, SC. Awsome little beach communtiy inhabited by people who actualy live there, not retiree's and rich people's summer homes. That or I'd like a gondohla that had a little cover that rolled over the top so I could sleep in it like a coffin sorta. Then I'd jsut drop it in the canals in Amsterdam and lay down and hotbox it all day, when I wasnt at work in a cafe.

13. Orsino2

aaaaaaaaaah... I can't stand Pawley's Island. The beach really sucks (rock jetties :() and it's just a chunk of land sticking up out of the marsh. :p

14. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

They're Arogantly Shabby hehe I jsut like the whole atmosphere.

15. Orsino2

Yeah... the atmosphere is great... the marshish area... not so great. :p My mom always has to make us stay at the grand strand in a highrise :p I prefer anywhere from Hatteras Island south to new bern... or from charleston, south.

16. dhs

dhs Senior Member

I'm pretty content here in Vermont. IMHO - the best state in the union to live

17. Orsino2

Vermont seems great, always wanted to visit there... lots of concerts, it seems.

18. Inavacuum

Inavacuum Senior Member

u like litchfield?

19. Orsino2

We were actually thinking about moving around there a couple years ago. We looked at a few houses around Georgetown County.

20. dhs

dhs Senior Member

a very good small music scene. Where I live in Burlington, just about anyone you'd ever want to see comes through all the time.

Vermont also has the best socio-political climate out of any state in the US. The people and the government of the state are somewhat anti-big business and all the bull shit that comes with it.

Our Environtmental policies are first rate, perhaps the strongest in the nation.

Excellent school systems

Very low crime rates

Great Public Health Programs

and.....

If all hell breaks loose, Canada is only an hour away