Where to find the Peyote and how to extract...

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Gringo Starr, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Gringo Starr

Gringo Starr Banned

Hi folks ,I'm in Puno ,Peru right now and heard that there are Peyote's growing in the savanna.I do know how the cactus looks.My problem is that I wether know how to extract the mescaline nor how much cactus you need for a quite good trip (for me it's about 1 Gram Mexican Mushrooms,maybee this can help you).Another problem is the size of the cactus.How can you tell if it's ready for extraction?
    A guy I met from Montana told me that you can also just cook a tea of the peyote.
    Muchas Gracias

2. BraveHeart

BraveHeart Member

First off, please don't pick them wild, they're rare. But since I know I can't stop you just cut it level with the ground, any lower and it won't grow back and its not so active down there anyway. 3-5 buttons about 3 cms should be enough. Eat the buttons though. Don't do an extraction for one trip. If you do it anyway, I'd suggest a 20 minute simmer in water after dicing it up very fine.

3. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

Gringo, seeing how you live in peru, you can probably find a merchant of some sort selling san pedro(seeing as it grows in the andes mountains) for fairly cheap. Honestly, I don't even think peyote grows down there, but I could be wrong. Go for the san pedro, it'll be cheaper and easier to find, and far safer for the peyote.

4. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

No peyote that far south.

probably a cousin.

5. Gringo Starr

Gringo Starr Banned

We finally found San Pedro powder in a Tattoo Shop in Cusco.Even though it wasn't very trippy it lasted for about 12 hours:) .