where to find good tams

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by Bass, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Bass

Bass Member

i've searched all over the internet, i was thinking about getting one from knitin.chick but i cant seem to find a price anywhere. I'm looking for a fairly cheap one too, but one that will help the knotting process

2. Zampino

Zampino Member

i got a beautiful handmade wool black and beige tam for 11 bucks on eBay. they have a bunch of good tams.

3. knottyinthemaritimes

knottyinthemaritimes Member

4. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Knitting.chick is good. Just ask her and she will tell you a price :) shes a nice girl. No need to be scared :)

I got mine from camden market, it took me nearly a year of looking for one that would fit :)

5. MaryJeanne

MaryJeanne Member

ebay has some pretty sweet ones for cheap. type hippie tams dreads and see what happens... or choose acombo of those words.

6. Bass

Bass Member

alright well i got one at flea market around here. It was a jamaican stand, since I live in south florida, we see more than the usual amount ofjamaican influence.

anyways, its making my head itch a little. If I rub it, is it helping, or hurting my dreads? Part of me is telling me that its good, that it's knotting it more. But another part is telling me that it's making them looser. I read that wearing them helps them (on this site) but the rubbing thing im not sure about

7. Lunatic_3051

Lunatic_3051 Member

8. knottyinthemaritimes

hey luna told yuo i rep you look at the third post

9. Lunatic_3051

Lunatic_3051 Member

yep. you're da man. go to knottyloks because they are asking you all sorts of questions there man

10. knottyinthemaritimes

i juss see holla cluttering up my shit im gonna be on tonight