Where is going barefoot considered normal?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Mr. 20, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Mr. 20

Mr. 20 Members

Where can you walk around barefoot (in warm weather at least) where it is considered so normal that people will hardly notice? Beaches, parks, some people's homes and yards, next to pools, big fountains, are the examples that spring to my mind.
    (I'm not thinking of examples where you have to take a whole class--yoga, martial arts--or get a job--e.g. lifeguard.)

2. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

In lots of beach towns/communities you usually won't get a second glance if your barefoot.

3. RT19

RT19 Members

Unless you want to relocate to a barefoot friendly country such as New Zealand, Australia or South Africa then the chances are you may get awkward looks or funny remarks about your barefooting. All part of the fun.

I live in England and I happily walk in woods, forests, countryside, parks and seaside towns with my feet bare.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  4. homerx

homerx Guest

Agree with RT19 above, beach towns are the best. I live in the city and I go barefoot everywhere I can. Always have a pair of flip flops handy in case I get stopped. Went into a grocery store last week and didn’t get hassled. It was early in the morning so not many customers. Tried it an Academy store and got stopped pretty quickly. Eating at fast food places are hit and miss, but I’ve never had a problem at Sonic eating at their picnic tables or at a few local burger places. Just give it a try, never know.

RT19 likes this.
  5. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

True. When I visited friends in Florida, I think I had flip-flops on once. The rest of the time, I was barefoot, and I was far from the only one. LOVE it!

6. Mr. 20

Mr. 20 Members

Thanks.
    But I'm wondering, in what type of place, within an urban area, can you go barefoot without "barefooting"? (I live in the San Francisco Bay Area.)

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

outside of the places already mentioned, i'm not sure where it's really the norm. but i've also not been many places where people actually notice. most people are too self absorbed to pay attention to what some random person has on their feet.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

The Chinese have recently discovered no one wears shoes on the dark side of the moon

9. ijustmightdoit2

ijustmightdoit2 Members

Hi Mr.20....Thought I'd pass along that there's a post on page 2 about NOT going barefoot where you live(S.F) due to garbage,feces, drug needles,etc,left on the streets and sidewalks. Check it out.

10. BarePeter

BarePeter Members

I'll tell you an unlikely barefoot-friendly country: Belgium. I've lived in 6 countries - including Australia - and nowhere have I been left in peace more than in Belgium. People here just don't give two shits about how you choose to connect to the ground.

I think it has something to do with the country trying its darnedest not to self-destruct since its inception: people are so used to compromising with one another that they simply apply that habit to anybody who doesn't fit. They go oh-well and move swiftly on :)

ijustmightdoit2 and GLENGLEN like this.
  11. deleted

deleted Visitor

this is normal..

[​IMG]

12. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When all the barefoot posts come yo a sudden end, I will know who to blame. :yum::yum::yum:

I think that the word "lunatics", has got something to do with the moon.

13. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

Yes, it is!!!

14. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

I agree too.

15. goodearth

goodearth Member

College campuses.

16. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

Where is this? Which country? Looks so nice.

I remember reading somewhere that Spain is the exact opposite. There they will scoff at you even if you're barefoot in your own home. Anyone here with any experience on this?

17. Midnight_Fleet

Midnight_Fleet Members

In pretty much any big city during spring/summertime. Bare toes are a common sight during the hotter months, even if the vast majority will be in sandals. No one will bat an eye at yours in particular.

I've been barefooting in Paris during spring / summer for a few years now and people just don't care. Excentric behaviors are nothing uncommon in big cities.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  18. Mr. 20

Mr. 20 Members

I've read
    I've read about that--only it was an American who was in a Spanish gym, and walked over to the pool, and got dirty looks rather than scoffing.
    That's a little surprising in such a (mostly) warm country.

M_Ranko likes this.