where have all the flowers gone?

Discussion in 'The Whiners' started by luxie, May 16, 2004.

1. luxie

luxie Member

sigh, im kind of confused so if you guys could help me out.

Im 17 and completely a flower child or a hippie what every you want to call yourself, i dont know many others around where im from but the ones i do know are not really hippies at all. They smoke pot and complain about the world but dont do anything to change it and thats about it. i personally dont do drugs (and considered weird because of it), im really all about the love and peace and knowing yourself and being free. what im getting at is how do you guys feel about being a hippie and why do you consider yourself one cause i keep getting this weird self indulged, mtv vibe from a lot of the teenage "hippies" i know. I miss the old generation does anyone else feel this way? Im sure you all are wild and loving souls i just want to make sure my generation isnt jaded and still see's love as the most important thing!
    love you all AIMER ET PAIX (peace and love)

2. Melody

Melody Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I feel ya. I used to consider myself a hippie, but then, you know you just have you be who you are. I don't consider myself a hippie, but i have a lot of flower child-like ideals. Either way, you're not alone.

3. SunFree

SunFree Member

You just can't get rid of us...we're like cockroaches. Cockroaches who wear flowers in their hair and dance around wildly to Jimi Hendrix.

4. Sunburst

Sunburst Fairy

Man I know EXACTLY what you're feeling.

5. luxie

luxie Member

thats exactly what im saying. being a flower child or a hippie isnt about the music (which dont get me wrong i love the music) or the drugs or some image of peasant shirts and bare feet its really a feeling that you have all the time inside a feeling that i have had since i can remember, something thats apart of you not really a choice! thats why i just hope kids around my age feel the same way and arent doing it because its something to set you apart from a crowd sort of like being gothic or a punk (not that im putting them down i would never do that). like i said for me being a flower child is like an on going never changing emotions that i hope other people share.
    AIMER ET PAIX!

6. MexicanFlowerChild

MexicanFlowerChild Member

Well cant really say anythin because luxie stole the words out of my mouth...but yea...its just something that's inside you...and you really cant change it...your either a flower child or you learn to be one...or your just doing it just because its a trend...wich really isnt that cool...because ive seen not many kids but some that when someone ask them of how they feel about a certain topic they dont know how to respond...and it really isnt that funny...its pretty sad because then you get humiliated and its weird...but yea...
    Peace and Love...

7. Tamee

Tamee naked

I don't call myself a hippy, but a lot of people around me do. that's their job, anyway, I guess. I just do what I do, they're the ones who put me into that category. However, I did, the other day, tell a friend who I haven't seen in a long time that I was kinda hippy-ish. I told him that I had changed a lot and he wanted to know how, but it wasn't something I could just say and he would understand, ya know? so I tried to come up with something and the easiest thing to tell him was that "I guess I've become kinda hippy-ish, at least that's people tell me".

8. Melody

Melody Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

yeah, really! it's not about the music or what you wear. oh man, we had this rediculous assignment for when we studied the sixties. we had to dress up as different types of people from the 60's. i picked (out of a hat) hippie, and she told us how we couldnt wear peasant blouses or anything like that because that was strictly flower child. what bs :p hah. it's all just about trying to be free, and trying to center everything, no matter how you express it.

9. luxie

luxie Member

thats why if i have to be labled i perfer flower child, but i dont mind as long as i know where i stand and i know who i am. i just love to love!!!!!!!!!!!
    AIMER ET PAIX!

10. earthfairy

earthfairy Member

i say...its our generation that is responsible for changing this. Love is definitely the way. Look around you. Appreciate it and lets get to making this wonderful place even better!! We have to get back to the basics of family and friends, and farming and living simply...enjoying the small things and loving all we come into contact with.

anyone going to bonnaroo???

11. Dark Star

Dark Star Member

man...you know the bad thing about the sever crashing is you cant even go back and search past topics...because honestly babe this has been covered a BILLION times and will most likely be covered a billion more..be your self. conform to only your emotions and wants and needs..theres no reason to impress anyone or anything. be yourself in every situation and everything will work out.

12. luxie

luxie Member

well thanks like i said i was curious on what other people thought i figured that it has already been covered. aimer et paix anyways

13. SunshineRevolution

SunshineRevolution Member

where have all the flowers gone?
    young girls pick them, everyone
    when will they ever learn?

u just gotta be true to urself. just be who u truly are, and want to be and thats where u will find urself in life

PEACE and LOVE

14. carnelian

carnelian Member

i have no friends who dress like hippies and i don't either. but we are politically involved, go to manifestations and stuff so even if we don't look like hippies i think we are. i don't do drugs either and i think it's just stupied that smoking pot is conscidered "hippie".

15. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Just wait until you see The Dead on acid. Then you will understand the music and the drugs... Personally I feel that doing psychedelics is a key aspect to being a hippie. I know that is not popular with the "free thinkers" but I really believe that these drugs have enormous potential to show people the light. They really are not dangerous drugs if you have no latent psychological illness, so whats the harm of just one mushroom trip if it opens the doors?

16. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

yeah man! i picked some flowers today and yeah.. i fucking miss my girlfriend soo much!! arg!! okk... well yeah.. its all about Love...

17. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

i agree with you to a certain extent.

they are not dangerous drugs... and it also quite a task to find your true self without them, or meditation, as stated on hippy.com(apart of this site if you all didnt know).

however i dont think it is a key aspect to being a hippie, once you have had a few good trips, you can usually figure the rest out on your own.

18. kier

kier I R Baboon

i'm here like many because of my ideals. i want to become a renewable energy dude...live in some snazzy house with solar pannels and stuff surounded by fields with animals and a vegetable garden...oohh, and kids....and a tree house for me (and kids i guess!) ;)

what i mean is....i have ideals which most closely reflect those of hippies, but i don't do drugs perticulary, dont smoke, don't drink that often, and i do what i like. i am kieran and i am proud, i will dance and sing aloud :D

19. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

Luxie: Hey kindered spirit, nice to know we can be unique together (pardox I know :) ).

Keir: I'm up for all the too.

Tree: Each to their own and all but I've never felt any great urge to do drugs. Speaking as one who knows you can open your mind and understand without drugs. It's not such a super quick technicolour show but truth is truth and you find it in the end.

TTFN

Sage

20. DeadheadHippieForPea

DeadheadHippieForPea Member

theres no hippies where im from..not even ppl who dress like em..right now in society i dont think ppl think its cool to be hippie like..right now in my school its supper prep.thats seems to be what it is. all i have ta say is to have a free mind. keep it open, go with the flow and be who you want to be. not what the magazines and everyone tells you to be...dont get caught up with the whole "are you hippie enough" stuff....i say chill and have a good time. accept ppl for who they are...let your spirt soar:) Peace and love