where do you ppl think the future is going?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by dirty worms, Jan 26, 2005.

1. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

like cars, food, tv, movies, music, your life, the world, space...ect

I think we the ppl will have flying cars. tv in 3-d all movies in 3-d. music you can feel throu your body. restaurants high in the sky an up in the clouds. the world hopefuly will be cleaner. an music every where. mabe ppl will be happyer and more fit. and war will kinda go away.

what do you think of the future?

2. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

your thoughts are nice, but not realistic.....

i think it will become more difficult to breath from pollution. this has become more appernt to me since i've lived in texas , theres trash everywhere people throw shit out on the ground all the time here, and the smog is unbareable. it makes me sick.

i think people will contuine to pay high prices for gas and get suv's and such that pollute even more.

war wont go away, after bush we will get another republican who is even worse.

i wont go on because im depressing myself.

3. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

you r probley right. i was just dreaming of a cool future.

4. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

ahhh... another cornucopian. :)

(not that i am but i still think it's sweet... reminds me of when i was 8 yrs. old)

:)

5. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

hey your in texas too you in Austin? we should organize a clean up, have you seen shoal creek its fucking nasty covered in trash, plastic bags, pop cans and cloths, wtf is wrong with people in this state.??!!??polluting is nasty, these people have no morals or love for nature.

6. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

wtf dose thst meen.u sayn i am 8 years old or somethin.

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

I think technology will do us out in the end.

its kinda scary thought..... one of these days robots will take over, and will exterminate us.

8. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

i think the world will cease to exsist...

9. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

you act as if thats a bad thing.

perhaps we will be able to transer our consciousness into robot bodies, and have them replace us, seeing as how they would be more efficient.
    think of it as evolution

10. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Read George Orwell's 1984 or Aldous Huxley's Brave New World and there is your answer.

11. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

nah, just that that is how i thought when i when i was younger. tis a nice thought.

i guess im just cynical now....
    i still care :)

12. VWHippieBus

VWHippieBus Member

Read: "The Age of Spiritual Machines." You can't miss it, the book has a bright, shiny silver cover.

13. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

yeah 1984 is fuckin freaky

14. PriceCheck

PriceCheck Senior Member

I've thought that too, but not about tranferring consciousness. If they had their own minds, humans would more or less become God, which would be the final evolutionary step, wouldn't it? But to live on...I guess the journey continues.

15. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I think it could go two ways-people could be totally efficient and utilize non-fossil fuels, become accepting of those who are different and really take a turn to be great or we could further decay our enviorment and perpetuate hate.

16. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I think some cars will be small and some cars will be enormous. America will have sent all of its car-making business overseas and people with big cars will laugh at people with small cars and people with small cars will talk about the high pollution and wastefulness of the big cars.

Food will become more and more monolithic. People will find that convenience is king. A burrito or hot dog from the 7-11 will be total nutrition (with a fist full of multiple vitamin pills for extra measure). No one will know how to read a cookbook or adjust food to taste.

Movies will be violent, bloody and full of nudity. Subtitling will become obsolete because the vast majority won't be able to read.

Music will become so synthesized that no one (except for those who study the classics) will know how to play a note or read sheet music. Contemporary music will lack originality and artists will be judged on their appearance rather than their performance.

I believe people will become accepting of same-sex unions, of gender reassignment and of interracial families. People will live longer lives and have less money to play with in their old age. People will also have to work longer in their lives in order to make ends meet during their so-called golden years.

Since selfishness is back in vogue it will probably be a long time before selflessness becomes re-discovered. Nursing homes will be overflowing with people who become someone else's problem. Everyone will want independence and no one will trust anyone.

Identity theft will remain a major problem. People may get to a point where they will refuse to put their name on anything. No one will write checks or carry credit cards. Everything will be point and click on screens with finger print or DNA readouts.

As for me? I'll be on some Hawaiian island running a gay bed and breakfast and will be living on income property that I bought with my winning LOTTO ticket.

17. dhs

dhs Senior Member

the future will be whatever the people collectively make it ultimately - some have more sway (not that that's right) than others, but you can always contribute in away that you think is you part that will contribute positively to the whole.

so I guess what I'm saying is everyone should look at the future as 'choice'

18. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

it'll keep goin like it's going until the earth can no longer sustain us dumbfucks, then there'll be a massive death thing, and everythign will get better until aliens show up and go "WTF?! look at these primitive cookin utensils."