Where Do You Buy Your Clothes?

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by Elolinona, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Elolinona

Elolinona Members

Im just so curious to hear where people with a bohemian/hippie clothing style gets their clothes!

I am a regular thrift store shopper, but it's not often I come across nice bohemian looking pieces.

Do you have a favorite online store where you like to shop for clothes?
    Are you using Etsy or Ebay?

I would LOVE to hear from you!

I would really like to upgrade my wardrobe to a mainly bohemian one, but it's tricky for me to find
    affordable clothing.

Thank you guys! :daisy:

mysticblu21 and rjhangover like this.
  2. anwiyayoukhanna

anwiyayoukhanna Member

I used to go to this store when I lived in Tucson called Hippie Gypsy... I think there was another one in Phoenix, and they had a lot of used clothing stores in that city but good quality stuff. I don't know if they have that everywhere.

I lived in the Bay Area and San Diego after, actually could not find as much genuine stuff like that, at least not as easily. I live in Michigan now, where it is basically the mall or else... though I keep my clothes in good condition for a very long time.

There was one store in Encintas that sold organic cotton shirts, I had a couple that were really nice with no idea of what happened to them.

3. candys

candys Visitor

I'm a little bit overweight and often order stylish clothing here in NZ. They have good fashion choices at affordable prices. They have a larger selection than any other stores in plus-sized clothing. Yesterday I ordered a few new jackets there, hope they will suit me well.

4. fem_fatale

fem_fatale Members

There are lots of thrift shops here. I mainly shop there .

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Second hand clothes stores and there's also often some clothing store focussing on 'alternative' clothing in a lot of bigger cities.

6. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Old navy and online stores

7. creampie00

creampie00 If you can't DODGE it....RAM it!

H&M has a lot of stylish clothes for a low price, their kid's clothing is precious, full of kitty dresses, cool jeans and tu-tu's. Express has nice clothing but it's a bit on the expensive side, their jeans do seem to last for years though if you wear jeans a lot!

8. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Forever 21
    Macy's
    Ross
    Online shops
    Target (yoga pants and tee shirts mainly)
    Nike

9. Asmodean

^
    I'm deeply concerned about the quality of yoga pants. Could you perhaps share some pics of how yours look on you? ?

Orison likes this.
  10. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i rarely buy clothes. i get a lot of shirts for free from work, and i get a lot of random hand me downs from various sources. every year for christmas my mom stocks me up on underwear and socks.

i do have to buy my own shoes. i go to a shoe store for that.

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

12. Asmodean

13. Peaceful_LotusFlower

Peaceful_LotusFlower Member

Is there any hippies shops online? The ones I find are so pricey. Is there anything that's not so expensive?

14. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Good question... I find the best stuff in thrift shops anyway :)

15. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I get new t-shirts and hoodies free from work. My work jeans are hand me downs that I've fixed with duct tape. My running shoes are either gifted to me or I get them at thrift stores. I just extended the life of my belt with duct tape. My shorts were also gifted and my hat I found on a trail run.

Angelmama likes this.
  16. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Whatever is cheap and of decent quality.

To those young(er) women who find clothing in thrift shops--I mainly explore Savers, but rarely find much age appropriate clothing at second hand shops. A lot of it seems suited for the very young, middle aged, or elderly. What sort of thrift shops do you score most of your clothing in?

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

The World Would Grind To A Halt If We Didn't Have Duct Tape And Fencing Wire....LOL...:smilecat:

Cheers Glen.

18. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I shop at a local charity shop, they have two stores in the area and they're both huge with rows and rows of women's clothes. I don't necessarily find fantastic finds there, like the dresses are always sort of dated but its a great place to go for basic wardrobe pieces, jeans and fitted tees and things like that

I mostly go there because the store supports homeless shelters and a foster program but also because its so big so its impossible not to find something

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Just bent over and tore my jeans...not wearing underwear either. Just put them on to clean off my car. Anyway, I got them from the thrift shop and will get another pair eventually from a thrift shop.

ZenKarma likes this.
  20. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Modell's sporting goods or Amazon.com.