Where Are You Sports Fans?

Discussion in 'Sports TV' started by LoneDeranger, Mar 22, 2011.

1. LoneDeranger

LoneDeranger Trying to pay attention.

Come out of the closet! Don't be afraid. There must be others of us out there -- somewhere....

I love hockey and baseball and am becoming a basketball fan (via suffering along with the Toronto Raptors). I can hold my own in football (North American variety) conversations, although not a passionate fan. I can enjoy watching soccer if it's a championship or World Cup game.

And has there ever been a better invention for Tube Jocks than HDTV? I'll even watch some tennis now and again and golf is spectacular in HD.

C'mon out and let's talk tv sports. Or just sports. Or hell, tvs, if you want.

2. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

I used to enjoy sports on tv. Mostly football a basketball. I lived in Kansas City
    during the first supebowl and I remember that KC season and the team pretty well and the fact that they played green bay packers.

Another highlight was the NBA playoffs when Seattle won the championship. It was difficult to get through long distance to Seattle that day for the volume of celebratory calls.

I also remember watching the now oakland A's playing as KC Athletics, although I mostly heard the A's on the radio. I enjoyed the name Catfish Hunter.

3. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

i looove baseball. angels are my favorite team. lakers for basketball and chargers for football.

4. lunarverse

lunarverse The Living End

I love baseball

5. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Basketball and fast-pitch softball for me. I played both. And the Ducks football team.

6. LoneDeranger

Glad to see a few of you de-cloak. ;)

Since I'm from Canuckastan, I tend to favour and follow Canadian teams, like the Raptors in basketball and the Jays in baseball. (Was a long-time, long-suffering Expos fan until I just couldn't stand how the franchise was being mishandled.)

In the NHL, I love Les Habitants de Montreal but I live near Toronto. Witnessing firsthand the Maple Leafs futility over the last 40-some years has earned my sympathy. I'd like to see them win at least one Stanley Cup again in my lifetime.

Looking forward to the opening of baseball-for-real in a week or so. That American League East is going to be killer this year. Even Baltimore seems to have improved greatly.

7. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

Football and Hockey.

But I also enjoy the X-Games, and some pool and racing.

8. thedope

As far as tv and sports now days, they are very far away from my daily affairs.

9. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

football is what I know and watch the most of.
    I like to watch hockey but its never on tv
    I listen to UD basketball games on the radio when I deliver to their campus
    Baseball games are fun to go to and walk around and get drunk. Im not gonna sit there and watch the whole damn game.
    Disc Golf is the one I like to play personally. I am gettin new set of discs for my birthday I'm so excited!
    Bicycling/hiking are other things I do, but I don't know how much those can be considered sports
    Snowboarding/skateboard/bmx and Racing of all types are the ones that I enjoy on video games the most.
    Hell I even throw Darts in my basement and play poker.

10. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I like a lotta Sports though my favourite is Football
    :)
    I played in my earlier years, then moved onto an Administration role.
    My youngest daughter started playing for junior school so then I got involved with, and spent a good deal of time in Coaching and Administation of Womens Football - with the inaugral Professional league over here due to start soon seen seen quite a bit of change

Sorry - 'lost in the moment' the answer to your question is 'Here' and it's Football (Soccer that is)
    :peace:

11. broony

broony Banned

People who don't like sports are either fucking crazy, or very naive.

Sports are fucking awesome. I love how almost all the sports I play, I get really good exercise. Wether its cardio or gaining strength it makes it more enjoyable.

My personal favorites are solo. I have big mountain downhill skied, and snowboarded my entire life. Two fucking best sports in the world, hands down. When you ski and board you get fresh air, crazy and perfect weather, and you instantly forget about all of your life problems because if you don't focus on what you are doing at all times, you will fall and hurt yourself. lol. Of course lots of dangers are involved. But you put in your headphones, get in your zone. Its the best.

Basketball and baseball are the best team sports. If I play a real baseball game I have to play catcher or else I get bored. It can be hard to play thought because you need a lot of people. Basketball is great since you can play it year round if you have access to in any door court. The team work aspect of it the best. You have one on one battles all game long that sometimes always changes rather quickly. It is not easy to shoot either. Lots of form goes into getting the ball in. Even passing can be very difficult. Its such a good workout too. I always get good exercise from playing, not like I would with baseball.

The media and how much they get paid is absurd. The media side has got to be real annoying. Can't go anywhere without a hundred people following you. Adults begging for your autograph like a little child. Pictures nonstop with the flashing and click, everywhere! That side of it I know I would fucking hate. Is it worth 10,20,150 million a year? All the sports endorsers, cloths companies, cars, phones, anything that targets us pays these guys crazy bills, they do pay for everything. No way can selling seats and food from a stadium give this kind of money.

I will play sports me whole life.

12. LoneDeranger

On tap for me tonight:

7:00 PM - Exhibition baseball - NY Yankees vs Toronto Blue Jays
    10:00 PM - NBA - Toronto Raptors @ Phoenix Suns

13. Charmed262

Charmed262 Member

Football. College football Georgia Bulldogs, GO DAWGS!!!! NFL Atlanta falcons. If they are not playing then the New Orleans Saints.

14. LoneDeranger

Jays have come out of the chute nicely at 2-1 against a good Minnesota team.

Tonight's NCAA final should be fun. Can Butler pull it off? If they do, Dave Letterman may never shut up about it.

15. Geechee

Geechee Member

I've played sports my whole life :

tennis
    baseball (shortstop & left field)
    football ( safety & coornerback)
    basketball (point guard)
    karate

I watch both college and pro fotoball regularly and tennis as well. I don't start watching baseball until about september.

O yea... Derrick Rose is a beast and a lock for MVP....I hope he takes the Bulls all the way this year.

I don't watch hockey much but whenever I do it's usually Crosby dominating even though he's injured right now.

16. LoneDeranger

I've been gorging on NHL playoffs and baseball with a bit of roundball-watching here and there.

On weekends, there's smoke coming out of my remote.

17. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

Right Here.

1 - Go habs

2 - I think Jake Shields could be GSP's toughest fight and I can't wait to see what happens. I'm routing for GSP for sure.

18. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

I have begun to boycott sports entirely- the revenue picture and related wrangling over profit sharing has shown a baffling out-of-touch aspect with the general population. It's now a rich man's pastime to even be a spectator so in my mind they do not need one red cent from the middle class- whether that be spent on ticket sales, merchandising, or cable services whose latest steep increases have been blamed on sports programming costs- something I learned in discussion as I cancelled outright the TV portion of my cable services bundle.

The pro sports industry is no more than the distraction department of the oligarchy.

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Now stinkfoot,you know I agree with all you say on politics and the state of the union--but dammit man ,relax about sports. What you say is probably true,but there has to be something you enjoy about them that is disconnected with the shit that is regular life--------------c'mon brother---watch the NBA finals---------and of course--when football starts---GO DUCKS!!

20. thedope

Itsy is.