where are some cheap areas to rent an apartment in miami?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by Banx, May 12, 2010.

1. Banx

Banx Member

whats up all. looking to move to miami in the fall via a job transfer and was wondering what neighborhoods have some cheap apartments to rent below $700. studio or anything, doesnt matter. just so long as the neighborhood isnt buck wild. it doesnt even have to be a nice neighborhood, just not roaming with thugs and gang bangers around every corner (ie ghetto but quiet). i found a place like 4 blocks west of bicentennial park on the intercoastal, and like two blocks west of the adrienne arscht center. it's literally right next to downtown but people say the area is a hell hole. but from ur pov, how is that area? what other areas are recommended? thanks.

2. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

You kind find a studio or a 1 bedroom all over Miami Beach for that price. I pay $750 for a one bedroom and am a block from the ocean.

Found my diggs on Craigslist, however the best way to find a suitable place for the right $ is to drive around the neighborhood and look for 'For Rent' signs...

3. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

BTW, the are you speak of IS a hell hole... The problem with downtown Miami is that they have nice condos but if you walk a block away from it it looks like Beirut or possibly Iraq. Seriously, my friend, the beach is the best place to live.

4. Banx

Banx Member

thanks alot bro, great info. maybe i will head over to miami beach. it's just the fear of the commute to work on mainland miami that worries me. i would be working far away at the walmart in north miami beach (lol, walmart, i know:rolleyes:).

my original plan was to get that place near the adrienne arsht center so i can walk to biscayne blvd from the apartment and hop the biscayne bus, which shoots straight up to the walmart in north miami beach, towards the end of the line. but if that neighborhood is a war zone, i might have to change up my game plan. do you possibly know of a walmart within easier reach of the city's public transit?

to give some background, im stuck working at a walmart because i am working at one now, here in new orleans. and believe it or not, it pays pretty decently over here. i would just be transferring to one in dade county, to help get my foot in the door in Miami's terrible job market, where then i will begin looking for another job. i hear many restaurants in south beach hire on the spot- or so they used to- with employee's taking home great tips every night. but i dont know, ill just have to see when i get there. any good spots to get a job these days that you know of?

thanks again bro.

5. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

It wouldn't be such a bad commute from North Beach.... You could just shoot up Collins to Sunny Isles and take 163rd all the way over... The E busor maybe the s to the E should do you fine for the commute... No shame in working at Wal-Mart either, my friend, a job is a job... And if your working your doing something right!

I was a server in Miami Beach at one time in my life and made great money but you def have to work for it... I've done everything here from serving to chain retail stores to customer service via phone for shady internet companies to t-mobile to stripping at some of the male strip clubs in miami in ft lauderdale... The job market def sucks right now here in Miami so count your blessings that you will be able to get right to work!