Wheelin' and dealin

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by HippyLandscaper, May 27, 2006.

1. HippyLandscaper

HippyLandscaper learning a new way

Yesterday, I bought a 1990 chevy baretta for $580, it wasn't to bad of a car, but obviously not perfect (what can you expext for $580). Anyway, I drove it over to my friends house, his brother liked the car, and wanted to trade me for his truck, which is easliy worth $1200. I thought he was kidding so I said no. Then he offered me his truck plus a hundred dollars. I realized he was serious, and only a foll would pass up that deal, so now I have a chevy suburban. I just bought a set of 35 inch tires for my Blazer, so I will take the 31's off it and put them on the suburban, put it in the paper for $2000 and let someone talk me down a bit. Then I can get a better car and have cash left over. What a lucky night:) .

2. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

you rock

hey in yer sig pic, izzat on the side of the 101 near Big Sur?.

3. HippyLandscaper

Nope, it the local zoo

4. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

What year burban?

6. HippyLandscaper

it's an '88

7. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

4x4? Options? Color? know a guy looking and depending on how far and how much he might be interested.

8. HippyLandscaper

it 4x4 with a throtle body fuel injection 350, automatic/power lock (manual windows) has the 700 r4 transmission(4 speed) fairly clean interior the body has a couple rough spots, but isn't to bad, never been wrecked. Like I said it will come on 31's and already has a four inch lift. I will try to get out to get some pictures soon. Asking $1200 won't drop much lower than that, I am going to put it in the paper for $2000, gives a bit of room for negotiation. I live almost smack dab in the middle of the U.S. though, in nebraska. Oh, by the way, it's black, blue interior.

9. May Aizelle

May Aizelle Member

HAHAH!! DUDE!! I found a 1988 Chevy Beretta parked along side the road and bought it for 100 bucks haha which was awesome.... until we had to drop the tank and fix the fuel filter.. buy a new battery...duct tape the drivers side window because it wouldnt roll back up.. and when I fixed that 2 weeks later I was driving down the road and my passenger side door just decides to fall off.... now whenever I see a beretta I laugh my ass off...