Wheelchair Driver Charged for DUI

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by pianoperson60, May 23, 2007.

1. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

Man busted while drunk driving in wheelchair

Tue May 22, 12:16 PM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - A wheelchair-bound German stunned police when they pulled him over for using the road and found he was 10 times over the legal alcohol limit for drivers.

"He was right in the middle of the road," said a spokesman for police in the northeastern city of Schwerin Tuesday. "The officers couldn't quite believe it when they saw the results of the breath test. That's a life-threatening figure."

The 31-year-old told police he had been out drinking with a friend and was a little over a mile from home when a squad car stopped him as he passed through the village of Ventschow.

Police said that because the man was technically traveling as a pedestrian, he could not be charged with a driving offence.

"It's not like we can impound his wheelchair," the spokesman said. "But he is facing some sort of punishment. It's just not clear yet what exactly that will be."

haha....oh Germany...

2. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

Lmfao. Those damn parapelegics think they are above the law. Someone needs to start a revolution...

3. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

god...where do they find these people???

4. mr.greenxxx

mr.greenxxx Not an Average Bear

lol i was on the bus heading home, and there was this old guy on one of them elecectric wheelchair kind of thingies- u know the carts old people go shopping in. he was going like 10mph in the middle of the road, and when i looked back of the bus- there was so many cars- he caused a fucking traffic jam. i actually though he must be a pisshead or something

5. vactom

vactom Fire on the Mountain

Hahahaha.

6. jo_k_er_man

jo_k_er_man TBD

We had one guy in a wheel chair get a DUI before.. he was actually put under house arrest.. he was bad.. he would pass out in his wheel chair at the bar/restaurant i work at.. and then stroll home

7. digitalldj

digitalldj Canucks ftw!

u can legally get a DUI on any sort of non-motorized vehicle, a bicycle, scooter, etc.

8. gaum

gaum Elephant Orgy

my friends dad got a dui cruising around the beach on his beach cruiser

9. stonedmonkiwana

stonedmonkiwana K9 Handler

LOL that's fuckin funny... That's just what I needed Pianoperson! A good laugh. Now I'm happy.