What's your Myers Briggs personality type?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by bluesafire, Feb 2, 2009.

1. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

In case you don't know, you can take a free test here: TEST

I'm INFP.

(here's a bit of that summary)

As an INFP, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is external, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.
    INFPs, more than other iNtuitive Feeling types, are focused on making the world a better place for people. Their primary goal is to find out their meaning in life. What is their purpose? How can they best serve humanity in their lives? They are idealists and perfectionists, who drive themselves hard in their quest for achieving the goals they have identified for themselves
    INFPs are highly intuitive about people. They rely heavily on their intuitions to guide them, and use their discoveries to constantly search for value in life. They are on a continuous mission to find the truth and meaning underlying things. Every encounter and every piece of knowledge gained gets sifted through the INFP's value system, and is evaluated to see if it has any potential to help the INFP define or refine their own path in life. The goal at the end of the path is always the same - the INFP is driven to help people and make the world a better place. Generally thoughtful and considerate, INFPs are good listeners and put people at ease. Although they may be reserved in expressing emotion, they have a very deep well of caring and are genuinely interested in understanding people. This sincerity is sensed by others, making the INFP a valued friend and confidante. An INFP can be quite warm with people he or she knows well.

2. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

I've taken this test a few times over the years. What I've never understood though, is what am I supposed to do with the results?

3. Mr. Mojo Risin'

Mr. Mojo Risin' Senior Member

ISTP

Crafters are people who love action, and who know instinctively that their activities are more enjoyable, and more effective, if done impulsively, spontaneously, subject to no schedules or standards but their own. In a sense, Crafters do not work with their tools, but play with them when the urge strikes them. Crafters also seek fun and games on impulse, looking for any opportunity, and just because they feel like it, to play with their various toys: cars, motorcycles, boats, dune-buggies, hunting rifles, fishing tackle, scuba gear, and on and on. They thrive on excitement, particularly the rush of speed-racing, water-skiing, surfing. And Crafters are fearless in their play, exposing themselves to danger again and again, even despite frequent injury. Of all the types, Crafters are most likely to be risk takers, pitting themselves, or their technique, against chance or odds.

Crafters are hard to get to know. Perhaps this is because they tend to communicate through action, and show little interest in developing language skills. Their lack of expressiveness can isolate them at school and on the job, and even though they hang around with their own kind in play, they let their actions speak for them, and their actual conversation is sparse and brief.
    Crafters can be wonderfully generous and loyal to their friends, teammates, and sidekicks, often giving up their evenings or weekends to help with building projects or mechanical repairs-house remodeling, for example, or working on cars or boats. On the other hand, they can be fiercely insubordinate to those in authority, seeing rules and regulations as unnecessarily confining. Crafters will not usually go against regulations openly, but will simply ignore them. More than anything, Crafters want to be free to do their own thing, and they are proud of their ability to do it with an artist's skill.

4. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Well you can talk about it on HF. :D That's probably the extent of it.

5. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Retarded. All "tests" such as these are retarded. People cannot answer questions about themselves truthfully, because most of them are ignorant to what they really are.

6. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

that's very true. but... so what? it's just a game. :p

7. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Intp

8. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

A game? I prefer scrabble.

BTW, I was an ENTP...whatever that means.

9. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Isfp

10. booshnoogs

booshnoogs loves you

11. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

It's not going to work out between us.

12. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

Ok then start a scrabble thread. :toetap05:

Oh...well... I don't associate with YOUR kind. *rolls eyes*

13. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Oh noez.

14. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I want my money back!

15. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this would be the coolest idea ever if i could figure out how to do it.

but yeah, i'm with boosh. i had to take the damn thing about 10 times back in college, and they never once explained to us why.

if i remember correctly, i was usually labeled ISTP

16. bluesafire

bluesafire Senior Member

People like to put other people in neat little defined boxes. It's what makes the world go round. :rolleyes:

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Money's long gone, mister !

18. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

[SIZE=+1]Your Type is
    [SIZE=+2]ISFP[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]IntrovertedSensingFeelingPerceiving[/SIZE][SIZE=+0]Strength of the preferences %[/SIZE] [SIZE=+1]7811278[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+1]ISFP [/SIZE]type description by D.Keirsey
    [SIZE=+1]ISFP [/SIZE]Identify Your Career with Jung Career Indicator™ [​IMG] [SIZE=+1]ISFP [/SIZE]Famous Personalities
    [SIZE=+1]ISFP [/SIZE]type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

[SIZE=+1]Qualitative analysis of your type formula[/SIZE]
    You are:
    • very expressed introvert
    • slightly expressed sensing personality
    • slightly expressed feeling personality
    • very expressed perceiving personality

19. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Actually, I was reading about your personality type and I think I like it. Except for the fact that you're irrational, which is like saying you're a pretty girl.

20. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

The description is pretty much me to a 'T'. How funny.
    Artisan™ Portrait of the Composer (ISFP)More than the other Artisans, Composers are in tune with their senses, and so have a sure grasp of what belongs, and what doesn't belong, in all kinds of works of art. While the other Artisans are skilled with people, tools, and entertainment, Composers have an exceptional ability-seemingly inborn-to work with subtle differences in color, tone, texture, aroma, and flavor.

Although Composers often put long, lonely hours into their artistry, they are just as impulsive as the other Artisans. They do not wait to consider their moves; rather, they act in the here and now, with little or no planning or preparation. Composers are seized by the act of artistic composition, as if caught up in a whirlwind. The act is their master, not the reverse. Composers paint or sculpt, they dance or skate, they write melodies or make recipes-or whatever-simply because they must. They climb the mountain because it is there.
    This ability to lose themselves in action accounts for the spectacular individual accomplishments of some Composers, and yet on their social side they show a kindness unmatched by all the other types. Composers are especially sensitive to the pain and suffering of others, and they sympathize freely with the sufferer. Some have a remarkable way with young children, almost as if there were a natural bond of sympathy and trust between them. A similar bond may be seen between some Composers and animals, even wild animals. Many Composers have an instinctive longing for the wilds, and nature seems to welcome them.
    Composers are just as plentiful as the other Artisans, say nine or ten per cent of the population, but in general they are very difficult to observe and thus greatly misunderstood. Very likely the difficulty comes from their tendency not to express themselves verbally, but through their works of art. Composers are usually not interested in developing ability in public speaking, or even in the art of conversation; they prefer to feel the pulse of life by touch, in the muscles, in the eyes, in the ears, on the tongue. Make no mistake, Composers are just as interested as other types in sharing their view of the world, and if they find a medium of non-verbal communication-some art form-then they will express their character quite eloquently. If not, they simply remain unknown, their quietness leaving their character all but invisible. Bob Dylan, Jackie Kennedy Onassis, Cher, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Mel Brooks, Steven Spielberg, and Neil Simon are examples of a Composer Artisans.
    A full description of the Composer and Artisan is in People Patterns or Please Understand Me II