What's your dream home like?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by metro, May 22, 2004.

1. metro

metro self-banned

Think about your ideal home, what does it look like? If you had reasonable funds and property, suppose... I would want a fairly modest dwelling, not huge, but w/lots of land surrounding it. A cottage perhaps, w/stone and brick and lots of windows w/vines climbing all over it. I would have a vegetable garden and a flower garden like the one in The Secret Garden. Paths all over and animals roaming about. In order to enter the property you would have to solve a riddle and then to approach my house you would practically have to bushwhack due to the plant growth. And then you would find me on my porch w/my gun.
    kidding[​IMG], I wouldn't expect many visitors.
    -metro

2. Megara

Megara Banned

a nice house on a little peninsula of a lake that was secluded from others....but not far from civilization.....plenty of trees around. A nice 5-6 bedroom house with a deck overlooking the lake and turrets :p

3. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

A beachfront house on a big island or a peninsula. Not too far from civilization, but at least in 10 minutes of isolation.

Not wooden. Rather large (10 rooms or so), with a baketball and football court. Tennis, etc.

Large land... it's more about the land than the house... the beach is the main thing there.

4. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

mines a cob house dug into a mountain somewhere, with a greenhouse for a kitchen, and some nice terraced gardens running down the hill. im gonna build it all myself.

FYI cob is a primitive cement used in ireland and england in the 15th century, and all those homes are still standing.

5. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

mine is ocean front with many acers of fertile land in the back to turn in to a farm...oh and i forgot to mention i want to open a commune...it will have 4 houses and one big cafiteria/club house...all 4 of the houses together will hold 8 familys of 2-3...this is my dream...i am trying to make it reality ...but with out the ocean front

6. alex714

alex714 To the Left

um ive got two. since im a bit of a city girl, my first one would be a small house in a city, there are these town houses downtown that have so much character to them, they are all so unique and very attractive. id love one of those, with a sprial staircase onto the balcony over looking the city.
    second would be something near a beach, not too isolated but not in an urbanized area. the design would also be unique, interior would be filled with my personal items and tastes.

7. antithesis

antithesis Hello

I want to have a log cabin out in the mountains totally isolated from civilisation. I always have wanted that and someday I will get it.

8. alex714

alex714 To the Left

do you know whats so pathetic of me, i wouldnt even be able to last a day in that kind of setting! outdoors isnt really my thing, i went camping once...it was beautiful but i was very happy to get back home.

9. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

Mine would sit on the most secluded mountain top I could find. I'd like there to already be a big old, rambling, peeling, farmhouse. I loveeeee to fix things. The more delapitated the better, plus I like old houses with peely paint. I'd want a lot of land, and a garden, a lake or river, big open fields full of wild flowers that are all mine and solitude!
    I want my boys to chase around fireflies at night while I sit on the porch and watch. I'd like to have a big lake or river that we could fish in and catch frogs. I'd like to have lots of animals running around. I'd like to beable to wake up in the morning and watch the deer eat corn off my porch while the sun rises and not run away(because I won't kill them!). I'd like a big tree in the front where we could build a club house and hang a rope swing from. I'd like an old kitchen where I could can veggies and sing. I'd like to have squeaky floor boards that greet me as my feet walk across. I'd like a narrow old staircase where I could sit and read a book when I get bored. I'd like a wide porch so my boys could swing on a porch swing while they do their homeschool lessons. I'd like an old barn that the light flutters through the falling boards so I could see while I sit on the dirt floor and pet the barn cats and write. ahhhh, someday....

10. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

ive always wanted that too...but it would have to be a commune in the mountains though

11. antithesis

antithesis Hello

That's not pathetic Alex, as they say, "Different strokes for different folks". If everyone liked the outdoors then there probably wouldn't be much outdoors left.

12. Earthy Mama

Earthy Mama Feel my wrath... ;)

I forgot to add in, I want a house with a soul. Something that has had many generations of giggling childern running through its halls. One of those old houses that wisper when the wind blows through...

13. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

I love those too Earthy mama, esp. with the back stairs and the big old attics and formal dining rooms (all the old farm houses where I live are victorian three stories with a basement) I would loove an attic studio...*sigh*

14. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

My house would be on a secluded beach not far from civilazation....

modest yet pretty with some stones on it...

a deck on the 2nd floor and the first.... when i can write my novels. lots of sand dunes and beach grass.... a pool, and hot tub outside...

but basically, if i have a quiet beach house with the ones i love (dan and our future children), i have nothing else to worry about about.

15. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

mine would have vines on the walls, and i would have a butterfly room, where butterflies would live and there would be a cool waterfall and pond to swim in. and the trip room, where the walls will be painted in crazy psychedelic paterns and i'll have a tv type screen on the ceiling that'll show stars, and bongs will be built into the tables...and bean bag chairs everywhere..... and my living room ceiling will be really high, and i'll have a giant underwater mural painted on it with a huge mermaid in it
    sweeeeet....

16. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

Bag End. Round green door and all.

17. joe

joe Banned

Why does everyone want to be seperated from eachother and live like morons on some mountian or island all alone for the rest of their lives??

Im a city guy, i want something of a town rather than a dream house, a place where you know everyone and there is block parties on every street everyday with music going down and people cookin barbecue and talking to every member of the town like friends, "Mi casa, es su casa!" and everyone is a musican
    i dont care if i live in a box, its the people and the experience that makes it a dream place

18. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

damn you said it joe.

19. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I've always wanted my dream house to be on the beach, and at first, I wanted it to be on Long Island. Right now, it wouldn't be a big deal if my house wasn't on the beach, but I would like to live very close it, and NJ has plenty of nice beach towns. Right now, my dream home would be a good home.

20. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

All I want is a lot of land, to be near water, and away from the city.

I would love to have a bathroom area that feels like its outside, that would be great!

I don't care if the house is one room and transparent, I'd actually probably prefer it that way, as long as it's not near a lot of people/activity and I have my land, I would be a happy chick!