What's your dream for a perfect homelife ?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Duncan, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

A two bedroom bungalow in the suburbs with no children who are neither seen nor heard.

2. velvet

velvet Banned

So you don't like kids?

My prefect homelife would be to live in a big house with my boyfriend/husband, a couple of kids (adopted and/or me being their natural mom).. with his brother (and spouse if he gets one) closeby (maybe same house, but with enough privacy) --> same would go for my bf's mom and maybe my parents when they get older. Ofcourse a lot of pets.. at least my rabbit, a cat and a dog or sth.. if there is enough room and time. Maybe somewhere really outdoors.. so we could have chickens and goats.. close to open grasland or woods where the kids can play..

And also a couple of spare rooms that can function as a shelter for (semi) homeless youth.. so they can just get some peace for a couple of weeks, sort stuff out, regain emotional strength and get back to the city again after that with some fresh energy to get off the streets for good.

*daydreaming..*

3. lemon714

lemon714 Member

nice house... built by me (already designed) atop a hill, mad windows, high ceilings (butler buildings are awesome) old lady, buncha dogs.... two kidd-os. and a fish.

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I like a nomadic lifestyle.

Not hunting for berries or anything... I just like moving around a lot. [​IMG]

5. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

My dream for a perfect home life is one where my wife and I do not have to 'go to work' every day.

Our house would be completely sustainable and 100% ecofriendly. A huge garden with animals such as goats, chickens, rabbits, etc..

"Work" would involve taking care of the systems on the property, tending the garden, feeding the animals, etc. and there would be plenty of healthy natural land for my children to play on/with.

6. velvet

velvet Banned

Hey Yogi.. wanna start a commune with us? You, Appelspark.. my boyfriend and I.. I already have a rabbit (= not for dinnerpurposes).. :D

Teehee ;)

7. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

[​IMG]
    The perfect homelife for me would be me my hubbie and some like minded people aboard a 50'+ sailboat, sailing from port to port fixing things and trading art, haircuts and some fishing supplies (castnets hooks, weights, etc.) for fresh food...crossing oceans for fun and running off pirates, sitting on some secluded island for a growing season and exploring it till we are ready to shove off again...till we runout of wind.

8. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

OH i'd love to bop around on a sailboat!!!!

i wanna travel around in some kinda motorhome and then maybe build a big yurt or something in some enchanted wooded area with a stream and pixies everywhere....

but the motorhome thing i should be doing soon with my daddio... in a few months we're headin out to British Columbia hopefully in search of adventure and a home. lol.

9. bedlam

bedlam Senior Member

the zoo would suit me..

10. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

By myself in a hollow tree, with my guitar, some good books, a sawed off shotgun, and lots and lots of ammo.

11. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

HAHHAHah man oh man i love you..

12. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

My ideal homelife would be myself, my husband (whoever that may be), my god-daughter and any other children I have living in a comfortable twostory house somewhere in England. And it has to have two bathrooms...It just has to.

Holly

13. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

perfect life...
    some place that stays in the mid 70s year round.. maybe in the 80s sometimes...
    an old victorian house painted all crazy like. big huge windows.. tons of plants everywhere. four cats.. me and dave's babies running around the lawn.. and of course a garden and a clothesline in the backyard..
    preferably somewhere out west.. california..

14. FallenFairy

FallenFairy Senior Member

my perfect home life would be:

living in a three story house with my husband and two/three kids.Screened in front porch, so that at night i can go out side and read a book, sew or whatever. Three car garage with heat. Have a huge back yard with a vegetable garden, swing set and a pool for my two kids. I would have a flower bed going around the house. The inside of the house would be clean and sanitary. There would be one room for my kids to play in and and that would be the play room. There would be a weight room for us to lift weights. We would have a big screen in our living room (but no cable), and 2 bookshelves full of children's books. Meals would be home cooked except for once a week we would order out or go out to eat. once a day the whole family would either go for a walk or a bike ride after dinner.

15. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

perfect homelife? the inside of a coffin on a moonless night. just kidding.

i would love to live in some rural area, lots of nature, but not like one of those places where the nearest store is walmart in the next town over. i think somewhere like ione, california. where my sister grew up. a small town, cute, untouched, and not starved for culture like most places around here. there are lots of historical buildings, nice people. not many people, but the ones that are there all know each other. i want a small house, maybe near some water, a lake or something. it all depends, i like the idea of living alone, just me and my thoughts and my memories, and maybe with a couple of pets. i want a small house, one that doesnt need a ton of upkeep but i would take good care of it. the novelty of living alone would probably wear off and i would get lonely because i have been around people all my life. i would just want to live with a man, one that i could worship and love for the rest of my days :D

16. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

You'll ruin your shutgun if ya saw off the barrel.

17. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Good thing I set those landmines then.

18. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

My significant other laughs so hard when I say this...

I want to live in a tree...no electricity..living a totally simple life. Free of technology and media. I want to till the land with my own hands...I want to provide for my family the simple things in life and teach them what's really important.

19. yogi for peace

yogi for peace Member

You are welcome to join velvet and applespark and I. =)

Seriously though, there has been a lot of activity in the communal living forum and people such as rabbit and willow are making this possible. The dynamics involved in our life currently have lead us to decide we are not quite ready yet to transcend to that style of living -- but apple and I will do it.

I'm going to do it big too.

20. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

me and my husband... two adopted kids, a dog and three cats at a deserted beach with a semi small but nice beach house... hot tub on the roof... screened in porch for me to do my writing.... meditation room.....