Whats your belief?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Sejairo, May 14, 2007.

1. Sejairo

Sejairo Member

Just kind of curious on what your belief is, I'd rather not spend hours upon hours going through the different sections of forums just for a simple inside look into your beliefs lol!

Well anyways i was kind of curious why you believe in what you believe and if you have any religous prefences of some sort state them even if its not a known religion? If you get what I saying..

ight so here we go!

I Personally believe in the Agnostic view of religion on the grounds that the bible is rather dictated and has been re-written to many times, but I firmly believe in God and a Highpower, and yes jesus.

So yeah.

Matt~

2. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I'm into Judaism.

3. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I have strong faith. Belief is not a strong enough word for what I now feel about spirituality and the spirit world. It is as real to me as my right hand. Yet, I have no problem accepting that anyone can follow any faith they find right for them, and be following the truth that is for them to follow. Truth is individual, no person knows any other person's reality, and never can, cuz they cannot live it for even a moment. Even twins, side by side their whole lives, see the world from a different view, and cannot ever see it from the others point of view. Individuals are unique, and so their paths must also be so. Just because they are different doesn't make one wrong or one right, just as my being here and you there shows we share different realities, yet both are equally real.

Belief, a state of trust, of not being certain. It is up to each of us to find that for ourselves.

4. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

i dont say i really have a belief. i can honestly say im going with the flow at the moment and im waiting for time to take me to the point in life where i feel i shuld adapt to a belief or religion. altough i do belive people should be happy. and i love people all the same no matter what beliefs they have.
    peace and love

5. FreakerSoup

FreakerSoup Stranger

I see no reason to believe in religion. The arguments for it are bad logic at best, and arriving at that conclusion from a default state of science and reason is a big jump to make. I used to think there must be a higher power of some sort, and then I realized that that is a silly thing to think. Why must there be a higher power? And if you're talking about christianity, which is the religion I know most about, there are many reasons to think that it is flawed. As in god would not make errors of judgement or logic.

So until I am proven wrong, I believe there is no god of any kind, Jesus was a religious leader who achieved fame by dying on the cross, his stories were embellished, etc. There is no afterlife. I know most people have a hard time coming to terms with this, because they don't want to, but there is no reason to believe that anything follows when you die. That said, I feel it is the duty of everyone to NOT rely on a divine being to fix their problems and the world's problems, because it will not happen. Even if you think it will, you're guessing. It's not a sure thing. I will work to make the world a better place, and I will work to keep the human race from self-destructing.

6. Sejairo

Sejairo Member

Interesting guys, very thanks for putting your view points on so i can get to know you guys a bit better

7. broony

broony Banned

Im down for believing in anything. Just as of right now, nothing in this world makes sence. You could say i dont believe in shit.

First let me say im talking about western religion due to its what i have some knowledge in.

All in all i look at religion as this. The idea that there is nothing after life scares people. To think that after this life there is nothing, i will be only a memory to those who are still living. I dont remember anything before i was born. Will i know anything when i die? That sucks and most people dont want to accept it, people want to live, they want to see there family again. As do i but the answers we are given are ludicrous to explain most questions. People want comfurt so they come toughter saying the same bullshit. This makes life easier in a small sence. And there mind feels more secure. Humans cannont except the fact that we might not know. WE HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHING, the fact is. WE DONT!

Life is a bitch then you die. Fucking deal with it.

8. Zadria

Zadria Member

My Religion, Vodun. I believe in one great being, Bondye But there are many spirits. I don't look to them for an excuse or to blame for my troubles or to justify hate or ignorance like many religions like to do.

I grew up in a very "Paganish" household though.
    This somehow led me to Vodun. Go figure!

9. Hiplikethat

Hiplikethat Member

I believe in God almighty and the trinity if you ask me to classify one religion type for myself i cannot because i find fault with all religions and good within all that i have studied

10. yyyesiam2

yyyesiam2 Senior Member

I believe in nothing at all,
    Save the nothing in all,
    That is, was and always shall be.

11. hippie_chick666

hippie_chick666 Senior Member

I personally try to live a Buddhist lifestyle. I believe in reincarnation. I believe in living life to the fullest, every day of my life.

Peace and love

12. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

I beleive in life, with birth as a beginning and death as an ending.

13. Varuna

Varuna Senior Member

Reality exists.

Reality is benevolently creative, everything that exists (things, lives, ideas, events, etc.), every good thing you can think of is an actual expression of reality. Life, love, truth, consciousness, mirth, unity, transcendence, you, me, the earth, the galaxies, everything, is an expression of reality's existence.

Ultimately, Reality is infinite. It transcends all catagories of knowledge and belief. There is always far more mystery than anyone is prepared to comprehend.

Reality is inherently ordered. Its existence is the actual expression of this underlying organization.

The quality of any inquiry into the nature of reality, what reality actually IS, is measurable by its correspondence with this underlying organization. Apparently, this is not as obvious as it should be, but the degree of orientation to this reality is the actual quality of any religion, any science, any philosophy, any story, any way of understanding of what reality is.

Ultimate Reality, God, The Universe, Truth, Inspiration. All of these are exactly the same thing as known by different names. It all depends on whether you seek to understand all of this by way of Mysticism, religion, science, philosophy, the arts or . . . some other way.

Anyone who offers some variation of the statement "all x is bullshit" is merely expressing their inexperience, unwillingness or inability to think in terms of x. It doesn't matter if x represents religion, science (evolution anyone?), culture, academia, politics, music, etc., the statement is nothing more or less than an expression of the speaker's cognative limitations.

A good question is as wise as a good answer.

Peace and Love

14. Anachronism

Anachronism Member

I am a Pagan, Wiccan to be precise. I name my Goddess and my God as Isis and Osiris, but I believe that all Gods and Goddesses are simply different faces of the same God and Goddess. I believe in reincarnation and spirits. I believe in angels and demons, although not in the Christian sense of angels and demons. I believe in spellwork, using it as a tool to adjust my thinking so I can get done what needs to get done, rather than as a magic charm that will somehow make my problems disappear. I believe that animals have souls. I believe in totems. I believe in the healing power of crystals when they are used in the right hands. I believe in changing reality by changing how I think.

I believe in many things, but most importantly, I believe in my myself.
    Peace, and Blessed Be.

15. johnnystillcantread

johnnystillcantread Member

Right now I am re- thinking my beliefs in religion. So right now all I believe in is hope – like I hope for the best for people est. Cheers!

16. themnax

themnax Senior Member

my belief is that it is up to us to avoid screwing everything up for each other. other things may also exist and almost certainly do. awairnessess without material form and all that. and while they may be wonderful good friends to have, their existence in no way alters point number one.

why would there ever be only one of anything? if there were, how could it be anything other then androginous? and why would it need to be infallable to exist?

=^^=
    .../\...

17. Dark||Nomad

Dark||Nomad Member

I believe in the old gods and goddesses of Ireland and the brittish isles. I am not Wiccan.