Whats your babys name?!?!

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by willowbaby89, Aug 26, 2005.

1. willowbaby89

willowbaby89 Member

What is your childs name,what were you thinking when you picked that name?...jsut wonderin

2. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

OK these aren't my babies in the traditional sense, but still....

Branwen Felicity [girl bunny]
    Branwen means fair raven (ie dark beauty), and was a goddess/queen in Welsh mythology. I just knew that had to be her name from day one.
    Felicity means lucky (which was her original name). I liked the sentiment but felt she needed something more elegant and a proper person name.
    Oh and, as I'm forever being asked...
    Branwen is pronounced bran-wen. Bran as in branflakes, wen like the first syllable of Wednesday.

Casey Jack [boy bunny]
    I'm a sucker for all things Irish, especially the names. Also a big fan of Casey Affleck. So that covered both bases. It means fearless, which he definetly is.
    Jack is after Jack Kerouac, I'd been reading 'on the road' that week. Then put together they had such a cute playful almost cowboy feel.

Richard Thomas 'Rich' [my brother]
    Richard was the only boys name my parents ever agreed on (good thing I was a girl). It's also our Great great grandfathers name, but we didn't realise for years.
    I chose Thomas, because of my Thomas the tank engine obsession. It was an otherwise normal name and our parents like it. So they humored me.

Sage Cerridwen [moi]
    I chose it myself. Had never liked my given name, and about four years ago was under the impression I was a hippy. So it made sense to find some super hip new name. Not sure why I had such a draw to Sage, it was impulsive at the time but thinking about there are a million little signs that seem to prove it should be my name. Even though I no longer care about being hip.
    Cerridwen is a Welsh Goddess. Came across it/her while researching paganism. Am pagan of course, and partly Welsh. Just really connected with the goddess, so I wanted to honour her in a subtle way.
    I like both names together, they flow well and have a good contrast; a simple unisex first name coupled with a dramatic feminine middle name.

As a sibset our names amuse me, in that they are polar opposites but some how work, which is true of us (our parents obviously didn't name me Sage). He tends to go by Rich, which is perfect with my name. Both four letters, and words if you squint right. Nice meanings too; Sage & Rich, wisdom and wealth, what more do you need. :)

3. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

My first baby (well she is 6 now) is named Lillian Star and second (little boy, hes 2 now) is Jimi Nowell. I am about to pop now and his name is going to be Zion Che Marley [​IMG] I just kinda picked Lillian and Star because thay are pretty and Jimi is named after Jimi Hendrix and Bradley Nowell (from Sublime)........................

4. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

Kairin (kyRIN) Eileen and the one on the way is Jocelyn Louise.

5. HippyFreek2004

HippyFreek2004 changed screen name

my name is Holly Re'Chelle...and when my mom was pregnant with me, she couldn't tell whether or not she was having a boy or a girl...so she decided on Jay Scott for a boy and Loretta Marie for a girl...

As she went through labour, she and her mother were discussing possible names for me. Mom told gramma that she was thinking Loretta Marie, my gramma's middle name and her own middle name. However, my gramma threw a fit, saying that she hated her middle name and didn't see the point in cursing anyone else with it. "Why don't you name her something Christmassy? It's near the holidays." (it was 14 November)...So my mother named me Holly, after the holly-days...

Re'Chelle came from two of her best friends. One of her first boyfriends and her best friend was named Travis Ray. His little sister, also a good friend to my mother, was named Michelle. So mom combined their names to form my middle name Re'Chelle. :)

Interesting sidenote. When I was 6 months old, my mother met my adoptive father. His name was Jay Scott. Also, his mother's name was Loretta Marie. Kinda creepy, no?

6. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

dave was dying to name our first daughter princess. for real. and he wanted to name our second daughter hope rene. i wasn't having any of that.

jocelyn is my baby sister's name, and when she was born, i couldn't remember her name for a MONTH. all i knew was it began with a J. i was 10 and kinda annoyed that i was instant babysitter. now i adore her.

7. RyvreWillow

RyvreWillow Member

Ryvre Raine: we made lists and lists and lists when we were expecting this boy, and we came up with alot of names we liked, but this one's the only name that fit him. It was that, or Loki, lol.

Willow Sage: named for a dream she gave me while i was pregnant with her; our interpretation of "tree prophet"

We're still trying to figure out what baby #3's name is...it's becomming a real problem, lol

8. HippyFreek2004

If I were to have a baby right now, I'd name a little boy Declan Christopher. Declan is a very nice irish name, and that's important to Brian...that his heritage lives on. Christopher is after a friend of mine that died right before I graduated high school. He was so absolutely wonderful, and I miss him a lot.

If I were to have a girl, I'd name her Chloe Annabelle. Chloe, again the irish thing. Plus, I think it's kinda quirky and still yet, traditional. Annabelle because I am southern and I think I have to have a throwback to MY heritage. I would never give a child a name that is purely something like Tommy Lee or Susie Lee...I'm not cruel. However, Annabelle is very subtly southern and delicate :)

9. HippyLove

HippyLove Visitor

Trey Ryver.... we always knew Ryver would be his middle name- his daddy decided that when i first got pregnant. And Trey just came to me and stuck. Although his grandma says its because 'mommy, and daddy, and baby makes Trey"

10. HippyFreek2004

yay! I want to see pictures of your baby, HippyLove! :)

11. feministhippy

feministhippy Member

12. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

My 5 year old son is named Kylan Alexander, my 2 year old son is named Sylas Arric, and his 2 year old twin sister is named Mayzie Amorette.

My husband and I just wanted different names, not ones you hear everyday, because we felt that since our kids are unique, the names we gave them should be as well. :)

13. HippyLove

HippyLove Visitor

14. HippyFreek2004

oh how cute, hippylove! :)