What's Up With All The Hate Here?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by PoetDude39, Dec 28, 2004.

1. PoetDude39

PoetDude39 Member

Okay, I'm sorta a new person here. I don't post a lot, (even though I signed up more than a couple months ago), but I read a lot of the other posts. Especially in the Random Thoughts section. And I am kinda wondering about all the hate I'm seeing here? I mean, the thing that was the coolest about the 1960's was how most young folks accepted most people. It was all about not judging somebody for being poor, another race, uneducated, too tall, too thin, too heavy, too crazy/eccentric, etc. That's why they called it the Generation of Love.

Yet I am seeing an awful lot of judging going on around here lately. And a lot of it seems really small and petty to me. Nobody should be made to feel like they are less than somebody else cuz of the color of their skin. Or cuz they can't spell so hot 24/7. Or cuz they lived on the streets at one point. Or because they are so totally old (at 33?!). Or cuz they are struggling with addiction issues. And I know that deep down most of us know this to be true. So why is there so much hate goin' on here lately? And maybe we can figure out a much better way, so that new folks showing up here won't be thinking we somehow don't understand the true message of the 1960's: Peace and love. And acceptance. And a total absence of hate. So that's just my two cents. I'd really like to hear what some of the other folks around here are thinking.

Peace,

~PoetDude

2. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Maybe people suppress a lot of their negative feelings in real life, and so they let them out on here?

3. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

and they feel disillusioned by life..and unaccepted themselves so they do what has been done to them?

4. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

a lot of it is cause of me and how people cant accept that i am an alcoholic, got arrested and cheated on my husband once (although my husband forgave me MONTHS ago)...they like to bring it up every post i make (i blocked them now)... it's only a few of them that do that but im sure that is some of what you read.

anyways, i agree with you and that's why i blocked and im just gonna love and not hate. :)

5. PoetDude39

PoetDude39 Member

Hey, I like your thought on this. So yeah, I guess it is sorta easy to be more brutally honest when we are hiding behind our computer screens. Maybe most of these sorta hateful types are meek little lambs in real life?

Peace,

~PD

6. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Exactly! I myself am sometimes pretty hateful on here and it is because it is so easy to be that way when no one knows who I really am. In real life I could never say some of the things that I've said to people on here. I still feel bad about it, but it's just so easy to do y'know?

7. interval_illusion

you've always been a good person on here, christine. :)

(even though you've tried to be a bitch, haha)

8. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Awwww... thanks Trish. I personally do think that I succeed in being a bitch. But that's because I'm a girl, and if we don't bitch a little bit then we will explode, right? :p

9. whispers

whispers sweet and sour

why is it that all the nOObs think it will be some hippy paradise on here?

10. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

like all bliss ninnys, eventually they discover there is a real world everywhere.

11. PoetDude39

PoetDude39 Member

Okay, so it sounds like you are talkiing about how some folks "internalize" the hatred of others? And so they are just projecting a lot of that negative crap back onto others? Like the saying goes: Anger begets anger. Yeah, I think you really are onto something here.

Peace,

~PD

P.S. Finally read the book! And I totally loved it! Way clever and oddly touching. Thanks for telling me all about it. Cuz otherwise I might have missed out on it, etc.

12. interval_illusion

haha once again.. so true and so sad. :(

13. andcrs2

andcrs2 Senior Member

PC or no PC doesn't make any difference to some.

Whatcha see online is whatcha see in R/L...

14. PoetDude39

PoetDude39 Member

Yeah, I've been sorta following the whole thing. It's been pretty intense. I might have missed a few parts. But I have noticed that you are trying to change things for the better, and I think that is totally cool. I mean, bringing up old shit ain't all that constructive. You don't seem like such a bad person to me. I have heard and known a lot worse! LOL. You just had a few bad things happen to you, and now you want everything to be much better. I believe you're sincere. And that's all that really matters in the end.

Peace,

~PD

15. interval_illusion

thanks dude. i have done bad things..but my question is...where do you go from there? for me... i try to embrace my inner child which is what has always been my conscious (even though the alcohol clouded it out at times), its always been there..... it's always been the "good" part of me.

we are all just human and ive made my mistakes and i think if my husband can forgive me and the people on these forums (some of them), can or WONT... then fuck it, ill block some and try to let it go....

thanks for being real and really cool :)

namaste.

xoxooxo...

16. PoetDude39

PoetDude39 Member

Actually, there never was a hippy paradise. Alas, things were really good for a short while, then it all went to hell in a handbasket. Too many of the heroes were dying young: MLK, Hendrix, Morrison, and Janis Joplin. Just to name only a few. Then Charles Manson happened. That was the final nail in the coffin. So I sure don't expect any sorta hippy paradise now. But things have been getting more and more intense here lately. And I know many of the folks here are too smart and compassionate to allow themselves to become as hateful as the few. So I just was curious about some of their thoughts on the recent situation.

Peace,

~PD

17. PoetDude39

PoetDude39 Member

A totally cynical approach to things. But still a valid one. Except the virtual world is not real. So there's more room to become even more bitter and hateful than we might be in real life. Because there would be too many harsh consequences.

Peace,

~PD

18. PoetDude39

PoetDude39 Member

You're very welcome. I just said what I honestly felt and thought. And I really do hope things will keep on getting better for you.

Peace,

~PD

19. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

call me whatever but i do believe in love, not hate

20. PoetDude39

PoetDude39 Member

Cool. And I think there are a lot more like you here. But some of the haters have been especially busy lately. LOL. Think it has something to do with Christmas?

Peace,

~PD