What's the longest you've went...

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pressed_Rat, Jun 17, 2006.

1. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

...without more than a couple hours of sleep? It seems I have been suffering from a bit of insomnia lately. Alcohol only makes it worse I notice. I am hoping tonight will be different because the lack of sleep has really caught up with me and I am beginning to feel it. It's not a good feeling.

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I tend to doze myself to sleep with OTC sleeping pills once or twice a week.

I went 4 days with 5 hours of sleep once. For a while I was prescribed Klonopin, and it worked pretty well, but It didn't help if I took it every night.

3. wildflowereyes

wildflowereyes Senior Member

i was averaging for the first three months this year of three hours of sleep a night cause i didnt get home from work til 2 am and had to be to class (half an hour drive to get there, too) by 9 am. i had a BAD caffiene problem. caffeine and cigarettes were my best friends.

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

the first 3 (or was it 6?, i cant remember now) months of motherhood are a blur because of the massive sleep deprivation. i dont think i ever got to sleep for longer than 45 minutes at a time. i had a really colicky baby who wanted to be walked all the time.

<shrug> nowadays if i'm having insomnia, i'll take a wee bit of melatonin. too much makes me groggy the next day, but a little bit lets me sleep

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I tend to not do that. I love my sleep too much. :)

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

97 1/2 hours. unfortunately i was NOT doing it for my own amusement!

but i WAS young then and i could save up my need to sleep all week and make up for it sleeping 56 hours streight, afterwords.

if i tried that now it would probably kill me. litteraly.

=^^=
    .../\...

7. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

35ish hours
    but I like my sleep, I was just too lazy to go to bed for a while

8. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I've gone three days a few times on some festivals.. and one time me and some friends just decided to stay awake for as long as we could and we managed about three days then as well. It's not very healthy for your mental health.. :p Or not to mine anyway.

9. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

From Salinas CA to Hunts Point NY straight no sleep so coast to coast, lol

10. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

There was a time that I went 3-4 days without any sleep~course after 4 days without sleep I can be a total grumpy witch. Didn't need drugs to stay awake, but needed sleeping pills to knock myself out.

11. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Same here. Although I think for me it was the first 3 months, but not much longer than that thankfully. My kids were all pretty good sleepers. But man, I can remember being half asleep getting up with them, feeling like a walking zombie, and looking it too!

12. indescribability

indescribability Not To Be Continued

I've gone 4 days without sleep naturally and 6 days on drugs. I also slept 3 hours a night for a couple months when I first got out of highschool. Somebody was keeping me up til 4 every morning and I had to get up at 7 to drive my brother to school.

13. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

the first 2 weeks at school, when i was a freshman, got about 3 hours of sleep a night. got up at 5 and went to bed at 10, but we really didn't go to bed, we cleaned the room, making sure everything was perfect. then we got sleep and it was around 3 hours. once classes started, i got more sleep, maybe 5 hours for the whole year until we were considered upper classman.