What's the big fucking deal with 06/06/06?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by MichaelByrd1967, May 27, 2006.

1. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

It's just a date. Our current calender is not a reflection of time on Earth as we know it. Last Month we had another synchronization of sorts that ended up as 01:02:03 04/05/06, and that didn't seem to bother a lot of people, so how is 06/06/06 any different? Nothing Apocalyptic Happened on June 6, 06, 106, 206, 306, 406, 506, 606, 706, 806, 906, 1006, 1106, 1206, 1306, 1406, 1506, 1606, 1706, 1806, or 1906, so why is June 6, 2006 so fucking important?

If you really believe that a stupid calender synchronization is going to be the end of the world, then you are a huge DEE-DEE-DEE!

2. Beyond-the-Clouds

Beyond-the-Clouds Senior Member

It's because all sorts of satan worshipers will go on killings and vandalizings.

3. ayahuasca

ayahuasca Member

this is the first time i've heard about this.
    i never even thought about it..

4. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

Because man. This is the last time that 06/06/06 is going to happen before 2012.

It's not the end.

It's just the beginning.

[of the end.]

[nuke]

5. thumontico

thumontico Member

carlos mencia is funny until he starts doing that dee-dee-dee shit, then its just gay

6. WhisperingWoods

WhisperingWoods too far gone

My thoughts exactly.

Satan worshipers, :p .

Create an original dual paradigm, at least. christianity is so over-used in everything and anything.

7. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

people need SOMETHING to panic about, don't they? What a crazy world it would be if not....:rolleyes:

8. steffan

steffan puffin

I thnk people just like synchronisty. the number has some relevence to mythology so when we see it its familier, and some part of our brain is thinking, "hey that number means more than just a number"
    or maybe it will work like some giant spell, and hitler will rise from the grave and apologize, could happen

9. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

I'm old enough to remember writing in my primary school exercise book 06/06/1966. Nothing significant happened then, and I see no reason why it should now.

10. Hikaru Zero

Hikaru Zero Sylvan Paladin

*chimes in*

That's 'cuz there are four sixes!

11. heron

heron Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

HA! good catch hikaru.

I think i will wear all black that day, like an emo kid.

or, just sleep till 12, get high, and sit on here all day.

Im sure lots of Christians will be buzzing. Too bad
    i dont know any devil worshippers.

12. r33f3r_m4dn3ss

r33f3r_m4dn3ss Member

cuz thats when the omen comes out. that's all i really care about. unless of course satan is surfing a solar flare or somethig ridiculous like that. that'd be cool too.

i read somewhere that 6 in hebrew is w, because of the number letter correlation thing, i could be wrong. but my point is, if 666 is the mark of the beast, then would that make the world wide web the beast? www.google.com ooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 666.google.com omg!!!!!11111oneoneone

yea, anyways, i might be wrong, but hey, the beast could be metaphor because its revealing all the churches secrets. what else is better than the internet? a beast ruining the foundation of the almighty church! praise the internet! I knew there was a reason all these anarchist satan worshippers loved the internet so much.

13. MichaelByrd1967

As an atheist I don't believe in Satan either. I think that "The Excorcist" and "The Omen" is just rubbish.

666, is just a way for the religions who believe in Satan to scare their followers into giving them more money.

14. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

well, september 11th was just a day, now it's 9/11 (9-1-1)... that was apocolyptic.... who knows for sure? If they hadn't arrested those 15 or so presumed terrorists in Toronto, who knows what would've happened?

15. sitareric

sitareric Banned

hey dude there were firestorms in california on june 6 1906, right after the giant earthquake [​IMG]

Its proof today is the end of the world

16. BannedInDC

BannedInDC Member

Well, apparently the antichrist is to be born and enslave the world. Of course that is hypocritical rubbish, what has the church been doing all these years? I hope the antichrist does come and destroy this Christianity that has denied humanity's development for so long! Only now are we finally breaking free and thinking for ourselves, think about it.

17. MichaelByrd1967

But those were things caused by humanity, not by supernatural forces. True, events like 9/11 can be apocolyptic, but only in the sense of the amount of death, damage, and grief that was caused by it.

18. MichaelByrd1967

Hey, Hey, Hey, it's 6/07 and we're all still alive!!!!! FUCK CHRISTIANITY!!!!!!

19. barefoot_kirstyn

barefoot_kirstyn belly flop

yeah, i thought the same thing. it may not be supernatural or whatever, but i can bet they were planning the attacks for that day.

20. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

In Gematria 6 was represented by a character consisting of a double consonant, st, which has scince become obsolete.
    666, called the "number of the beast" in Revelation 13 is a solar number relating to positve or active energy, often associated with rule by a tyrant. Its opposite and compliment is 1080 which is negative and receptive. 666 is male, sulpher, and yang, 1080 is female, mercury and yin. The sum of 666 and 1080 is 1746 which is the number of fusion from which life arises and is found in the phrases, "a grain of mustard seed" and "the Spirit of the World."

With the dawning of the age of Pisces, as represented by Christ, the fish, the old world order based on the sacred canon and the balance of 666 verse 1080 was overthrown. Within 200 years of the formation of the church it had replaced the old Roman Empire bringing an opposition to one side of the natural law in the form of imperial power represented by the number 666. This was done by stressing the earth number 1080.

This is all based on the work of John Michell - http://www.secretacademy.com/pages/johnmichell.htm

So who does the number 666 refer to in the bible?
    http://home.online.no/~luneng/phuman.html