what's the best way to label live music cds?

Discussion in 'Live Music Trading Post' started by Musixxx, Jun 8, 2008.

1. Musixxx

Musixxx Guest

I have read much discussion regarding the best way to put professional quality labels on CD faces. Unfortunately I only hear the good qualities of the various methods available. I would like to know the negative aspects of such CD labeling systems out there. I use both Mac and PC computers so either OS compatible labeling method is acceptable. I make about 50-100 CDs per month. Thanks in advance Hip Forum friends! Long live live...

2. zillagod

zillagod Member

I am not into labeling cd's. I mean, why do it? After awhile that label will fall off, or if it isnt placed exactly right will cause a wobble in the cd. I prefer to use a safe pen that will not bleed through the cd and just write what is on it. Thats good enough for me. Of course, I do this only for the live concerts I have recorded, as I do not record copyrighted stuff.

3. dollydagger

dollydagger Needle to the Groove

I like the good-old-fashioned Sharpie marker myself....

4. HauntedGraffiti

HauntedGraffiti Member

put feathers on them and then below in sharpie write "remove feathers before playing" which can also be the name of the CD!

5. xexon

xexon Destroyer Of Worlds

6. meridianwest

meridianwest Senior Member

LightScribe sounds great. haven't used it but now there's another thing to look for when buying a dvd burner.