What's it like living in Vermont?

Discussion in 'Vermont' started by FireflyInTheDark, Aug 4, 2009.

1. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Born and raised in New York, marrying a boy from Maine. We're looking to settle somewhere where both of our families can reach us. So, what's it like?
    We're looking for a place in the country where we can have a few animals (livestock- goats, chickens).
    Any insight into taxes, cost of living, gas prices, job market, etc would be beneficial, as well. I don't know where to start to check into these things...

2. Olympic-Bullshitter

Olympic-Bullshitter Banned

Milehigh snowdrifts and unintentional power slides on black ice. A raised thumb guarantees you not only a ride but also fraternal conversation in the state of Vermont.

3. mindbender62

mindbender62 Member

Ya gotta like 4ft of snow at a wack! i moved to south carolina to get away from that. It all sounds....pretty. but... wait till you can't go anywhere for days.hahahaha good luck.:)

4. mindbender62

mindbender62 Member

lived in brattlboro, wardsboro, townshend and all up the valley. beutiful summers. if ya like snow well you'll love it all season. we are gett'in sik of the snow. cabin fever. hahahas drop myself and wife a note any ages. we like to play like all the little bears do after dark. camp'in with bonfires and music and all can be a trippy exsperience. hahaha:sunny:

5. GHOSTCRAB

GHOSTCRAB Banned

The sun shines preciously little in Vermont.

6. HashtagInterested

HashtagInterested Members

Vermont … I once viewed a place in Vermont, self sustaining resort type of place with lodge, cabins, small lakes, nice paved roads throughout property. The wooded areas were green … not snow covered, and the grassy areas very nice as well, but then … that's been so many years ago I can barely remember aside from what I just stated and the 2x6 framed structures. It was nice. I lot or maybe a little pricey for some, but very very very nice. I don't know too much about how the sun shines or how much snow or cost of living or how the locals treat outsiders, but what and where I viewed was very nice.

7. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

Move to northeast NY state. it's rural. And would put you roughly the same distance as Vermont would.

Vermonstah likes this.
  8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I think its awesome VT has no nudity laws....

How can they do that??

Vermonstah likes this.