What's Happening???

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Jun 18, 2018.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

They do but they run more than the average American. Most Americans in boot camp don't have that kind of background.

2. Mike Literous

Mike Literous Member

3. Mike Literous

Mike Literous Member

I don't like most sweet stuff. Haven't had desert since I was a kid I think. I'll make exception for some dark chocolate with a glass of red.

4. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

You’ll be happy to know Nascar Driver Jimmie Johnson ran the Boston Marathon in 3:09 just one hour behind the Ethiopians, Japanese, and Kenyans

I'm impressed - seriously

5. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

A lot of the African long distant runners train here in America at altitude in places like Boulder Colorado and New Mexico

6. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah JJ does a lot of marathons and bike rides. :)

hotwater likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Pff fail. You gotta do the idk.

FB_IMG_1555392011371.jpg

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Metal head speed dating

Her: I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden ba..
    Him: next!

9. Driftrue

Driftrue Pass All Fail All HipForums Supporter

Oh yes, dark chocolate is definitely more my thing. Can enjoy that and not feel sick for three hours afterwards.

10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe HipForums Supporter

Running Horse likes this.
  11. Driftrue

Driftrue Pass All Fail All HipForums Supporter

*evolving

Running Horse likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Ughh the tattoo place my miss was going to in a couple of months is in liquidation process. The artist has contacted us and told us his new work space and kept our same appointment, but we might have lost the deposit from the other place.

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Was almost staring down the barrel at a 3 game losing streak in madden, uncharted territory for me. Down by 11 less than 5 to go and the drive of the century scoring TD with 19 secs to go. Yee-ah Boyz.

14. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't get the combi with wine or beer though. It's better with coffee, tea or milk imo

15. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I saw that. I hate to be a skeptic but that looks like it was pretty easily staged to me. And even if he was really injured and it was all legit.....the news story I saw looked like they were just framing it as their usual propaganda.

Orison likes this.
  16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

I’m not skeptical because it happens every year at the marathon.

30, 000 people register for the marathon every year, but there’s another 10,000 than run for various reasons and causes and are simply not prepared to run 26.2 miles.

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member

I find myself in a tough situation because the workers at my grocery store of choice Stop and Shop are on strike and I don’t want cross their picket line,

On the other hand the store is convenient, I like the layout, and they have items unique to their store – so what to do?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  18. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Be that as it may....if you google Edward Bernays and a series called Century Of The Self....you will find that this situation is literally the exact template that he designed for propaganda that would eventually be called "public relations". So maybe this guy and others are really struggling in that race, maybe not. I don't know. But don't underestimate the ability of the media to exploit what Bernays taught them because they do it every single day and they know it. It's part of the foundation of what they do to make money.

On a side note....Bernays was the nephew of Sigmund Freud. He used his uncle's insights to build these ideas and he became pretty wealthy by selling his services to companies and gov't entities.

19. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

Watching Game 3 and I'm starting to wonder if The SHARKS even give a fuck about going to round 2?

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Go knock on doors and bang on walls and make sure you flail your arms about and shake your head on camera. :p