What's Happening?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Americunt

Americunt Corporate Hack

My boss told me today that her boss (an extremely hard guy to read + kind of intimidating) was asking about me and said "Hmm....she's smarter than the average bear."

I"ll take it!

Joshua Tree, ZenKarma and Aerianne like this.
  2. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I really owe my new daughter-in-law some payback!

She called me and told me that they'd been arrested by the Marta Police for drinking on the train and that I needed to bring $400 to get them out.

I bought it hook, line, and sinker. I was stressed as Hell, plus thinking how bad hubby was going to bitch; and then having to go to the dentist in the morning after all that.

She was joking.

I'm going to think of a way to get her back!

Joshua Tree and Irminsul like this.
  3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

One of my goals is to learn to use a weed eater. The son probably would teach me; but, I know it might almost kill him...and he wants me to do stuff before I'm ready . You might need to show me stuff more than even twice! :astonished:

So...do y'all know if you buy a weed eater at Lowed's or Home Depot - will they give you a quick lesson?

I'm about to start my winter yard clean-up.

I also have moved where I'm "planting" (read that as burying) the kitty litter. I'm expecting it to be the opposite of fun...and I am the ONLY one only to do it. The leaves of the biggest tree (a linden near where the litter had been going) were curling and none of the other trees were. So, its now farther away, and more trouble...but who cares about any stinkin trouble?!:persevere:

i do... i actually hate putting myself to more trouble but fate LIKES it. ha on me

ZenKarma and Irminsul like this.
  4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

No... I doubt they know how to use one themselves.

Hugs & Spit, Lynnbrown and Orison like this.
  5. Aerianne

When the dental tech slips and forcefully jabs an instrument between your gum and cheek while getting two crowns put on.

[​IMG]

magickman and Orison like this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

ive the ryobi cordless weed-eater. the head has those easy to replace plastic wacky doodles, not the string.. I think they never break . I havent changed one in the two years Ive had it..

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

actually using it is really self explanatory. it's how to get the thing started in the first place that is sometimes not so obvious. i think they usually come with instructions though.

8. Aerianne

I'm cleaning black mold out of my new collapsible wagon.

Hubby unfolded it and looked at it maybe two months ago and it did not have any mold.

Last weekend we took it to the ballpark, after being stored in the house, and found the pad full of black mold.

I'm not sure that he didn't use it to haul leaves in while I was staying with my grandson after my daughter's wedding. He had said that he wanted to use it for that and I kept telling him not to. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to it.

9. Spagelo

Spagelo Members

Family called me out for an early Thanksgiving; leaving in a half hour. Yankee Doodle do or die!

ZenKarma and Aerianne like this.
  10. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

My GF and I started donating blood plasma back when Hurricane Harvey was the most recent thing. Then, there were so many hurricanes after that, followed by a new mass shooting every week, that we just kind of kept doing it since then.

Anyway, I fainted today. That's never happened before. They stuck the needle in me and nothing was coming out. They moved it around three or four times before the technician informed me that it was "really coming out now!"

Then I got hot and sweaty and dizzy and next thing I knew, the tech was shaking me awake. Very scary. They assured me this was normal though it's never happened to me before. Hope it isn't a sign of a bigger health issue.

11. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Reminds me of something that happened a while back...I went to weed eat for the first time that spring and my weedeater started on the first pull. Scared the hell out of me, I dropped it and it quit. Then it wouldn't start.

GLENGLEN, Orison and Tyrsonswood like this.
  12. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yeah, that's pretty much what they told me. But since it's never happened to me before, it was concerning. Today, I've treated myself like I'm made of glass just because I'm crazy like that

13. Tyrsonswood

Vinegar... Use white vinegar for mold.

14. Aerianne

First I used tea tree oil mixed with water.

Then I remembered how peroxide bubbles up and I wanted to see where the bad spots were. It's working but I haven't gotten the bad spots to quit bubbling up yet so I just keep re-spraying, rinsing, and letting it drain off.

15. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

lol You might be surprised (or not) as to how I extremely complicated I can make directions, whether they are or not. The fact that there is an engine powered tool involved touches the part of my brain that screams "THIS IS GOING TO BE HARD TO FIGURE OUT BY YOURSELF." Then the "self-explanatory" part...I honestly think that most men (not all by any means - but most) get that self-explanatory thing regarding tools...me, the ONLY self-explanatory thing I get about it is I have to hold it (and do something) to make it work. I'm hoping against hope that there is NOT some special damn mixture of oil and gas that have to be used in order for it to work. Where I would have to work with it outside is WAY beyond where I would be able to use a weed eater with a cord, so I already know I'll have to use one that uses gas (hopefully not the gas and oil mixture).

I would ask the son to do this for me for Christmas (show me...over and over if it takes that! lol) but I'd really rather get something. lol Then I guess I'll just have to bug him later.

Lord have mercy.

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

17. Kick Frenzy

Kick Frenzy Members

18. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I donated blood for decades and that only happened to me once. I figured that the technician did not get the needle inserted properly. It never happened again. I don't think it would be any sign of a health issue.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You might have better luck at a smaller, more local hard
    Nah, fainting generally isn't a sign of a bigger health issue although it is pretty terrifting. It can be a sign of low blood sugar so if you didnt eat beforehand that may be why.

I'm a fainter, I faint in crowded social situations like at concerts so could have been a panicky thing too, maybe you panicked when they couldnt get blood. I have panic attacks about fainting sometimes which makes me want to..faint lol. Ridiculous

20. Aerianne

I'm up getting ready to go to the ballpark.

It looks like the weather isn't going to be as nice as we'd hoped - very little sun and there's a wind advisory until 3:00 a.m., although it's perfectly still at the moment.

Right now, there is no sun and it's foggier than when I got up an hour ago. If it's this foggy at the ballpark, they may be delaying the first game. It was supposed to be happening now.

21. Tyrsonswood

Yes.... Yes there is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.