What's Happening?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, May 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The gas line upgrade is finished at my house!

They are working way faster than the 6 - 8 weeks they said.

They started with mine so I don't know how long it will take to finish the neighborhood. I'd say within a total of a month easy.

2. Aerianne

The re-lighting guy didn't re-light the pilot light on the water heater because we need a sediment trap. Now, hubby is dragging his ass about lighting it and I need a shower. I didn't shower earlier because I was afraid they'd hit the water lines.

I'll skip the shower and put some cornstarch in my hair for dry shampoo; otherwise, I'd have to wash my hair in the sink and Orison would freak out, lol

Seriously, I ran two loads of clothes this morning so theirs probably no warm water left in the tank.

3. Aerianne

Hubby was freaking out because he couldn't get the water heater lit.

After a few minutes of watching him try, I suggested he open the gas flow valve.

Tah-dah!

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

If I had a blog I could just copy and paste from one day to the next.

5. Aerianne

SSDD

6. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

An hour and a half to get home!

Fucken shitcunts!!

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'll write one soon, just not sure what.

8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I feel your pain, I truly do. You know how you can check google maps and it will show lines of red, green, etc depending on traffic congestion? I check it every day before I leave work and lately the interstate I need to take home is the deepest shade of red hellfire you could ever imagine

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It takes me 11 mins to and from work. :p

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

same here..

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i've had bad commutes before. it's just not something i can handle for any significant amount of time. my worst was when i was in grad school. i had two jobs, one was 45 minutes from home and the other was about 35, and they were over an hour from each other. the school itself was kind of right in the middle, about 5-10 minutes from home. it was horrible, but it only lasted a few months. a couple years ago i had a 20 minute commute and i just couldn't do it. i moved closer, so now i'm about 6 minutes from work. none of these even had bad traffic most of the time, i just don't have time to waste sitting in a car for an hour or more every day, no matter what.

typing the above paragraph, i missed the "e" in waste and typed "wast" and my spellcheck told me that was an actual word. so i googled it and it is in fact the second person singular past of "be." as in "you wast a poster on hipforums long before i joined." now i want to bring wast back.

interestingly, i also discovered that WAST used to be an am radio station located about 15 minutes from here, before i was born.

Orison likes this.
  12. Noserider

Fuck you

13. Noserider

And you

14. Noserider

People keep telling me about this app that automatically reroutes you based on traffic, but I just can't. It's like, I find MY route based on personal preference and I just can't change it no matter what. I have weird issues...

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't know streets and roads, I only know landmarks. Tell me to be at the horse carriages and I know where that is in town. No point giving me streets because I don't know them hehe.

16. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ i never knew streets until i delivered pizzas. changed my way of finding places forever. now it's all about street names, directions, and i get so angry if somebody doesn't clearly display their address number.

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

My Ranger had a gps. :p
    I used to tag with a friend who did postal delivery for a while and you learn shortcuts for sure.

My sense of direction is actually really good though. Like, I can walk out be surrounded by buildings but I seen to have an intuition if that's the right word, for where north is or if you say where's such and such, I could point to it without seeing it.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Miss is still asleep. She be getting a birthday breakfast soon. :)

Aerianne likes this.
  19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

This is sort of amazing. I will help you bring it back.

20. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I will probably move east, after London.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.