What's Happening???

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Checked Expedia, Round Trip without hotel to Chatanooga would be ~$650 (Unsure if that's the closest place but that's what it gave me when I typed in the city the venue is at)

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I've never really been that into Country Music but him, Sturgill Simpson and a few others are making music that I feel might be more like "Real" country. Probably the only reason I've heard of Simpson is because he does a country song about psychedelics.

Running Horse likes this.
  3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I'm gonna answer the fuck outta this maƱana, but tonight, I'm too busy enjoying the musical genius of Ms. Hill.

You might win some but I win one...

Running Horse likes this.
  4. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Just heard a gunshot. I love NJ!!

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I like the

ohhhuhuhohhhh totally crazy.. Something something. Short skirts something something wahhh uh uh ohhh man, I feel like woman.

But that's all mainstream country and anything mainstream is always lesser than than the raw alternate and or underground genres.

Alternative country is where it's at. Actual song writing and story telling, none of this, drinking in the country and doing burnouts etc. That's all mainstream CMC fed stuff.

It is songwriters like Chris Knight and old Steve Earle that I find are real country because you can relate to it. You feel sad by the lyrics, you feel motivated and influenced by the lyrics. There's hardly anything influential about any of the music genres playing on music television these days IMO. Its all about film clips and talking dumb sex.

The rap isn't any better either. They all talk about the chicks they pull and all the cars they drive, all the money they have, all the drugs they take and all the bling. Just total crap nobody can really relate to. But the underground rap scene is totally different. Guys like Rittz etc. They're better in every dimension. They're just not clean cut enough to make music television. The big rap stars on the TV always talk about keeping it real, but none of that lifestyle is real to anybody but themselves so while they might fool some they ain't fooling me.

My favorite line about this comes from Q Strange. "you think people wanna hear us rap about the shit we really do? Peep the single, I washed my balls today woooo yeah that's really dope, but nobody gives a shit about what you do in every day life so I won't spit it." and that's honest.

guerillabedlam likes this.
  6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

MGK would seem to be your type...

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have all of his albums. I like some of it, I don't like some of it. I dunno, honestly when I first heard the name I had to listen. I thought Machine Gun Kelly oh hell yes that has to be good! But I was disappointed with the lack of machine gun lol. I sort of expected like a, I don't know, but a few tracks of just blowing shit away for the sake of blowing shit away. :p

And I remember my miss and I stereotyped him straight away without knowing what he looked like. We said "definitely short hair, white, skinny with heaps of tats" and then we searched google images and we laughed at how accurate we were lol.

hotwater likes this.
  8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

He was inspired by DMX

Irminsul likes this.
  9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've always been attracted to rap that isn't about "the real world" I'm pretty much into anything that's not "the real world" as I live in the real world, I don't need to hear about it.

The first rap group I listened to was ICP and I hated them, until I listened to the lyrics and I found they were right up my alley. They had a whole mythology going on. Plus their gimmick was fun. They're old now, so they don't have that anger anymore. They're married, they have kids. The serial killer clowns are no more, though I have high hopes for their new album soon Furious Red Fred. I'm hoping they use some recent events to fuel the wicked shit again. I just haven't quite reached their level of enlightenment yet, I've still got a lot of angst in my life. :D

Then it was Q Strange and that dude was just raw, aggressive, ferocious. He scared me in his lyrics. He really only made 2 albums, then a third a while later. The first album was a biography of a serial killer. Kinda never been done before.

Then from Q I found the rest of the clown gimmick, the reanimated zombie blaze, the demented duo Twiztid, bookdox the scarecrow etc. It was all fun for me. You don't take it serious.

That opened up other avenues. Tech 9, Rittz, Prozak. Twiztid left Psy and opened more avenues.

10. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

They sell these things. You mount them on your bumper.
    [​IMG]

Upper Michigan is littered with these things because when you hit a deer the deer knocks them off.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

In Australia, those things are called "shoo roos" they took for a while, but I don't think they worked that great.

12. RetiredHippie

RetiredHippie Hick

The story that was rampant up north was that if you stuck them on your bumper even the least bit crooked they would attract deer. Some people.

Irminsul likes this.
  13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Country music started dying a long, painful death in the late 80s/early 90s
    But I do like these Chris Stapleton and Sturgill Simpson fellas
    And of course my man Hank III

RetiredHippie likes this.
  14. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Well... I fucked up and posted in that stupid 9/11 thread. Fuck me.

RetiredHippie and Tyrsonswood like this.
  15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

i did that once and received a classic pressed rat retort - "i dont know what your point is"

Irminsul likes this.
  16. Meliai

Meliai Banned

"The media are paid to be brain dead swill" or something to that effect

17. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I'm just waiting for the needless attitude, condescension, and questions. All of which I will ignore.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Omg I know right. Fuck that thread. :D
    That guy I'm arguing with. Is a dumb ****.

Meliai likes this.
  19. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Irms! You're gonna get a warning calling people dumb ****! :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

20. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I slept for three hours felt like twelve. Sleep is the greatest restorative.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.