What's Happening???

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Did some research on the venue. You can actually bring in outside food and alcohol. I have never seen that before at a concert venue. Gonna go run by Trader Joe's for wine, cheese, and salad, then off to the show.

I honestly didn't even know Lauryn was still performing. I know she had some mental health challenges in the past and her career fell off as a result, but I'm happy she bounced back. She was another important feminist voice of my generation.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's been about a month since I got these boots and my heels still hurt. :( giving me the irrites it is!

Waiting at the food van. Mmmm. Now the corn dogs smell good in that batter. But I'm going the bacon.

3. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

Bah. I couldn't figure it out and looked it up.

Like all good jokes of this sort, one feels a bit dull not coming up with it.

Noserider likes this.
  4. Noserider

De La Soul rocking it like the 90s never ended

5. Noserider

I love smart phones...buying tickets for a punk show while at a hip hop show

6. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Nah, fuck oil tycoons

7. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Well that was a back breakin' or in this case shoulder breakin' day. Fucked my shoulder all to hell spreadin' that compost. Oh the fuck well.......I got beer & smoke......

8. Running Horse

I hate rap or hip hop & what the fuck ever else sub genres there are these days involvin' rap. Explain this shit to me if you want, it just pisses me off & not in a therapeutic way like death metal.

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I have an equal hatred of Country and Western music, and as for Death Metal – It’s trash

10. Running Horse

No shit. I just want a perspective on rap from someone who enjoys it. Neo gets that. You want to provide go right ahead

11. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

I like some country... But... It started going downhill with Shania Twain in my opinion. Really can't stand it now... Lost all of its soul.

Running Horse likes this.
  12. Agreed.
    And since Ibra left nobody cares about PSG.

13. Running Horse

I'd say when Toby mixed rap into his shit the death knell sounded but yeah Shania really didn't help. Fuck me I can't even spell Shania.......

14. deleted

deleted Visitor

15. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

For the first couple decades there was an aspect of rebellion about it, which I think has been an appeal of nearly every music genre since the inception of Rock n Roll. A good rapper usually displays at least 1 of 3 qualities: word play, a strong flow or cadence, cohesive rhymes.

Production is often minimalistic but there can be aspects which enhance the rapper's message, tone, vibes, etc. which is interesting because when it first started out as a scene, I think it was the other way around, the MC was there to hype up the DJ. The bass is usually what makes the production with rap.

The music can range from being deeply political to fun party music, it's fairly homogenized musically but the messages that come across can be quite varied.

Asmodean, Ged and Running Horse like this.
  16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

What do you guys think of Chris Stapleton?

17. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

That's easy Rap music is a modern extension of the oral tradition of poetry that dates back hundreds of years within the black community.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    Running Horse likes this.
  18. McFuddy

McFuddy Visitor

The natural evolution of country without the pop influence.

19. Running Horse

Appreciate the genuine answer partner. My problem with rap is it's vulgarity but that's beside the point. An extension of tradition is a damn fine reason in my book

hotwater likes this.
  20. Running Horse

Reckon I've been outta music for too long. Never heard of him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.