What's a good substitute for whips/riding crops?

Discussion in 'Spanking' started by letmeSleep, Oct 20, 2009.

1. letmeSleep

letmeSleep Member

So I don't actually yet own any riding crops or whips because I've been wary of plunking money down on anything that isn't essential to live (I'm unemployed).
    I was wondering if anybody knew of a good substitute for riding crops or whips that I could either devise myself or just find in my home and re-purpose it for bedroom play.

2. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

could try a belt, shoe laces, long flexible branches, like willow tree ones.

hope you find something!

3. Chris_s

Chris_s Member

i made a small multi strand whip. i had and old sheet of fake leather (was used for making a guitar amp) lying about my shed, took it into the house, cleaned it, then cut several strips about 1/2 inch in width, and 1.5 foot long. braided the ends together for about 5 inchs, the knotted it. the finished product had about 8 strands. it works brilliantly, and my gf loves it :)

if you dont have leather, maybe some other kind of tough fabric could be used :)

hope this helps :)

4. washable

washable Member

you know I hear a fly swatter works...hehe

5. cork

cork Member

A long very thin belt can substitute for a whip however that can't simulate the cracking sound that puts the fear of the whipping in your heart.

A thin plastic curtain rod can take the place of the crop or a cane.

1 person likes this.
  6. deleted

deleted Visitor

or the rod you twist open the blind with ..

7. cork

cork Member

I don't think those are Flexable enough to deliver the desired sting I need.

8. deleted

deleted Visitor

sure they are.. they are a hand yet brittle plastic. pain tolerant people can get smacked with them to the point they break.. believe me i know.. :D

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

these.. :)

10. cork

cork Member

I know what they are, I had one used on me before, but yes they are brittle and can cut the skin.

11. sakefanatic

sakefanatic Member

Yeah, a belt is the old mainstay. Plus I think belts are a bit "sexier" than some of the other cheap options. Leather belts are made of leather so they already have that slightly sexy edge to them.

12. AquaAkerman

AquaAkerman Member

Do you like canes? Go to a park or your garden (if you have one with a tree) and find a nice branch, right length, about a 1/5" thicker than you want it. Pull all the bark off. Make sure it's dry, Sand it down nicely, and rub some wood oil into it for a couple days to preserve it. I know this doesn't seem very informative, but I've done it a couple of times now, and have a really amazing collection of canes. Different thicknesses and lengths allow for a lot of experimentation, and they do sometimes still make a whippy noise, if their thin enough. They can be used hard or soft to deliver pain, and different woods will produce different looking canes. I've got some amazing ones, where the wood patterning just happened to be beautiful beneath the bark. I don't know a lot about types of wood, but I've yet to come across anything that was unusable or ugly when stripped down and sanded & oiled well. The best thing about it, of course, is that it's free.

Also, they use these metal or plastic things for drumming, they've got lots of tails on them. They're super-cheap from a music shop, and really deliver a sting. Someone else here may be able to better advise on what they're called, I only know them by sight, hence, this post may be totally useless or someone will recognize what I'm on about and offer a bed description!

Neither of these may be for you, just a thought :)

13. deleted

deleted Visitor

a penis..

14. MunaJadida

MunaJadida Member

I have to say, if you're looking for something good, pony up for the crop. I have one that I got for about $50 five years ago and it's still in great shape. Plus, it leaves heart-shaped marks on my ass. :D I have a crop, paddle, and a heavy whip with leather roses at the ends of the tails. Of all implements, the crop gets the most use. It's easy, gives a nice sting, and leaves great marks. I'm telling you, go for the quality. Get something that will last for years. You won't regret it.

15. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

:D

16. kajiri89

kajiri89 Guest

If it hasn't been suggested an old electric cord or ping pong paddle,

17. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

Back when I was in my early 20's I loved a nice stretch of bare electric wire. Even more fun when it's plugged in.

18. Starring_Emma

Starring_Emma Banned

barbed wire
    piano string
    bicycle chain
    poison ivy

19. dirtydog

dirtydog Banned

The plastic curtain rod shown by orison is effective, but it will break at its midpoint if you strike hard with the very end of it. The resulting half-length rod is just as effective (believe me) and much less breakable. The pressure delivered will be greater for a thinner tool since there is less surface area per unit force. All of Starring_Emma's suggestions are ridiculous of course.

I will be visiting a dominatrix in Calgary next week to receive a professional flogging for up to one hour. I hope she has games and things made up to occupy that much time, since flogging should fry a person's behind (or other areas) in five minutes at most. I'll let you know how it goes.

The idea of being served a soft drink and polite conversation in her home, knowing that immediately afterward I'm going to be stripped, handcuffed and flogged, is very erotic for me.

20. mapod011

mapod011 Member

Flogger, stick, show brush handle, cock, strap belt, lol need more?

Kinkey likes this.