What would you guys recommend?

Discussion in 'New Releases' started by ImaginePJGR, May 25, 2007.

1. ImaginePJGR

ImaginePJGR Member

i have been for a long time rather disillusioned by a lot of the music of my generation, but i am determined not to give up. but i know i have to look further than the charts. so i was wondering if there is anyone you would recommend considering my taste:
    my musical taste is basically music that sounds similar to The beatles, the kinks, bob dylan etc. i like rock ('n'roll), folk rock, SOME indie (but i am very particular about indie music because a lot of it sounds whiney), lyrics are very important to me but also melody. i feel a lot of bands have okay lyrics but i can't listen to them because their melodies aren't interesting or nice to listen to. i really want to discover new bands/singers... who would you recommend? thanks for your help.

2. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

Pearl Jam (2006), it sounds very good! I love it!!

3. jenfaith

jenfaith Member

You should definately check out Cinder Road. They are the opening band right now for Daughtry, but this summer they will be the supporting band for Candlebox. And their new album comes out June 19th. You can listen to the live version of their new single Get In Get Out here..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkLS-N_Ro1A

And of course visit their myspace...

www.myspace.com/cinderroad

4. Freekowtski

Freekowtski Member

Really? Candlebox is touring this summer in US? It's a pity they will not come to Barcelona, they rock really hard!

5. ImaginePJGR

ImaginePJGR Member

thanks for the recommendations so far, keep em coming.

6. IanusStoertebeker

IanusStoertebeker Member

I would recommend "Dresden Dolls". Their selfdescription is "Brechtian Punk Cabaret". "dresden dolls" offer a variety of lyrics. sometimes the lyrics are funny and sometimes the lyrics sound very earnest.

New Indie would be "Regina Spektor" or "Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs".

7. ~*Jen*~

~*Jen*~ Member

Bright Eyes, you may have heard a lot of trash talking about his voice but i think it fits the songs wonderfully. Its quit unusual. Cassadaga is the latest album but from what you've said i think you might like "I'm Wide Awake It's Morning" better. let me know what you think.
    ~Jen

8. ImaginePJGR

ImaginePJGR Member

^^ ooh yeah i know Bright Eyes. i think he's great.

9. PinkCaddy

PinkCaddy Member

i really like the new Brand New album. check it out.