What would YOU consider smoking alot of weed to be.

Discussion in 'Marijuana' started by sHIP of fools, Apr 6, 2007.

1. sHIP of fools

sHIP of fools Member

Hey all. Im jus wondering what some of yall pot heads think "smoking alot" means. The reason why im asking- because i get different responses from alotta my different friends. I smoke AT LEAST once per week, but recently its been like 2-4 times per week. Some of my friends call me a pot head, some say "wow- you smoke too much" some say "wait- you smoke ALONE without any other people or at a party...wow you're a stoner." But...judging by what some people say on these forums...i dont think 2-4 times a week is much AT ALL. So anyway..in your mind, how many times must one smoke weed per week in order to be called a "pothead" or to be told "you smoke alot".

thank you

2. You're a pothead when it affects your life in an unintended way. If your functional, what's wrong with smoking every day?

Also who cares what people think. If you're happy with your life, proceed.

3. Smelly Socks

Smelly Socks is probably lurking

It's all relative.

Everyone's perception of "too much" or "not enough" differs from person to person. There is no set amount that makes you a pothead, it's just how you perceive yourself/how other people perceive you.

4. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

I stay high most of the time. Lately, I've been stoned during every waking moment because I haven't been working. I smoke about 1oz per week by myself, and at least another 1.5oz with my weedman per week. I still don't think I smoke a lot. Now, my weedman smokes a QP(4oz) every week......that's a lot:spliff:

5. TopNotchStoner

BTW, I don't think being a 'pothead' depends on how much weed a person smokes; rather, how weed is incorporated into a person's life.

I'm a pothead. My whole life is marijuana-themed:spliff:

6. Born2Lose

Born2Lose Member

Well, i don't know what i would call too much, but all my friends are pot heads and we smoke around 3-5 times a day. But we don't mess around with schwagg. Gotta love getting high, who cares what other people think.

7. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

agreed

8. jahmin

jahmin Member

agreed.

9. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

agreed .

10. TopNotchStoner

agreed

11. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Whats your defintition of functional? Being able to move or being able to preform at your sober level while stoned? Its impossible for someone to smoke everyday without effecting thier life negatively. First, weed fucks you up causing you to think differant or making you to be dumb and forget everything, thats why we like weed, because it changes our mind. If were changing our mind every single day it only causes us to be blind to your sober self, which is affecting your life negativley.

Smoking a couple times a week is much better for you, and more rewarding no matter how you look at it.

12. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

Im only speaking for the majority, because there are people who use weed for good purposes, not medical reasons just in your life in general. Most people dont think that weed is affecting them in a bad way, but their are a select few who are actually right when they say it. And for me atleast, when im blazed it just screws me up in ways i cannot use for the better of myself. Not the case for some though.

13. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

a "functional" addict is someone who, although dependent on a substance, is still able to provide a functioning life (get the rent money, food, child support) for themselves. at least that's what the school books say...

14. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

i dunno. personally, an ounce a week is a lot. even a half ounce. or a quarter.

heck, I dont even smoke an eigth a week.
    I smoke a gram a week usually.

but I guess a lot for ME would be more than an eigth in a week.
    but everyone has different tolerance and other factors...

15. natural philosophy

natural philosophy bitchass sexual chocolate

uh... past week is about 10 bowls a day... now must stop

16. slinkie

slinkie Member

When did being called a stoner, pothead or weed smoker become a derogatory statement?
    And fuck those people who say it is.

The only time smoking pot is a problem is when someone doesn't know their limits and acts irresponsible with it. Otherwise, who the fuck cares.
    Pot should be treated no different than alcohol is. Make it to where you can smoke it at a certain age, if you abuse your priviledge, you get a ticket, fine or do time depending on the severity of the charge.

:::disclaimer::: when I curse it is due to sailor/truck driver/biker influence, not cos I'm mad about anything. please just chalk it up as bad english on my part.

17. Since you're asking for a personal opinion....To me, a lot would be more than 3 bowls a day.

18. Splosh

Splosh Member

Agreed.

19. ha.. wow.. well in my opinion a pothead is someone who smokes every day a couple times a day. a stoner is someone who smokes good couple times a week if they have weed. & any less i dunno what you wanna call yourself.

20. 420fuchs

420fuchs speaks the truth.

a QP a week? god damn thats like 35 joints a day!