What works best for you?

Discussion in 'Deadbear's Gym' started by la Principessa, Jul 4, 2011.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

What kind of work outs does everyone do? I'm trying to find out what works best for me, but right now I'm all over the place. One day I'm doing kickboxing, the next, dance routines.

So far for strength, I've been doing yoga but I can't decide which cardio workout I like best. So give me ideas/suggestions. Please and thank you!

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

as long as Im moving around, picking stuff up, dancing, bending, stretching, climbing, swimming.. Im exercising..

3. broony

broony Banned

Do pushups and pullups. Their are many many kinds and you would be surprised how hard it can be just lifting your own body. A pullup bar can cost as little as $15. Both those workouts are far too overlooked or frowned upon. It can really help build your whole upper body.

4. la Principessa

Good idea!

5. broony

broony Banned

Next time your at a party and some guy is giving you shit say... "hey i bet i can do more pushups than you motherfucker" . If you beat him he won't say shit again. A great way to kill a mans ego. Lots of men are weak. ;)

6. la Principessa

hahaha that's fucking awesome.

7. Dark Myth

Dark Myth Member

For me it's bodybuilding but I also like to jog. Did kickboxing for a couple of years but I like bodybuilding training more. Both are very taxing so I had to put the kicking and punching on the back burner... for now :)

8. Shale

Shale ~

I try to stay active. I put about 3K miles on my bicycle each year.

Since breaking my leg in 2005, I took up jogging to increase bone mass. Biking gives you pretty leg muscles but doesn't have impact on bones.

I do minimal upper body exercise with 15-pound free weights. Which I have just determined to increase (hope I have lasting will power to follow thru with that)

Just wrote about that - so guess I'm committed or will have to bear the humiliation of being a slacker. (Ha, slacker on a Hippy Website?)

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?t=486820&f=169

9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I pretty much only do yoga these days, I used to run but I live on a busy road now and don't like running around a lot of traffic. I guess I'm too lazy to drive to a park haha. I do headstands with my yoga routine so I figure that's decent cardio..or that's how I justify it :)

I hope to hike a lot this summer

10. la Principessa

Necropost much? lol

I started doing Shaun T's work out video Focus T25. It's pretty intense!

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

good, the body gets used to any given workout, and stops growing.

12. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I do minimal cardio in the form of HIIT (high-intensity interval training) for about 20 minutes two times a week. I advise against chronic cardio as it's bad for longevity, is catabolic, is bad for your cardiovascular and musculoskeletal system (esp. long-distance running), and leads to metabolic issues.

I lift heavy every 7-10 days, and on the days when I don't lift I do mostly pushups, chinups, dips, squats, bicep curls, kettlebell swings, etc. I do this usually every other day.

From a weight loss perspective, it's 98% about what you eat. Counting calories accounts for little. Most people who have issues with weight would be well advised to eliminate their sugar consumption and drastically reduce their carbohydrate intake. Obesity is hormonal issue that pertains to insulin -- not overeating. Don't fear fat as it is good for you, but first one must greatly reduce their intake of high-glycemic carbs that come from refined, processed sources like bread, pasta, and assorted sweets.

Even eating too much fruit can throw a wrench in people's weight loss efforts.

13. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

If anyone wants to get their right arm HUGE send me a message. I have a superb routine for your right arm.

I mostly lift weights and ride my bike Sometimes i do bodyweight exercises at the park

14. AiryFox

AiryFox Member

I jog.

15. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

For me, it’s just a consistent routine
    A balanced diet + a good routine including cardio

soulcompromise likes this.
  16. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Yes @ constant cardio...

I hit up the gym daily, plus walk laps at the mall. Today I didn't go to the gym though; too lazy. But today is a major exception. I typically go 7 days a week, two times a day. Today I decided not to go in the morning though because I went out to breakfast (which I never do).

bluewatersurfer likes this.
  17. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Dancing should help with your cardio if its fast enough. I am a pretty good Northern Soul dancer and normally burn quite a few calories off on a Saturday night. So for me dancing is an enjoyable way of burning some calories . For those who don't know much about or never heard of Northern Soul then use your search engine on You Tube. You will see that the dancing is quite demanding on the body .

18. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

lots of core dominated exercises for me along with lots of cardio

19. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Boxing/Muay Thai type training with lots of running and some weight training. I have so much free time now so its what i spend most of my free time doing. 6 days a week.

20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I find that that most sustainable thing for me is a mixture of cardio, strength training, and a generally active lifestyle. I don't often sit still, and in warm weather, I walk every day, weather permitting. In the winter, I lift. I never have a day where I do nothing. I love to be in motion, whether it be running, hiking, lifting, walking, or anything else!